playoffs are near

powerlifter

39 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Can you have a dark horse in the same region as the favorite? I honestly feel like the dark horse is PG, but I also feel like the gap between 1st and 2nd is about 35-7 lol. 

I don't think you can consider a defending champion a Dark Horse. In the case of Texarkana Pleasant Grove and Carthage, there is little doubt Carthage has an advantage. The biggest is obviously at QB and Skill Position. That said,  I do not believe the overall advantage for Carthage to be as wide as the initial meeting gave. In reviewing the game tied at 7 at half. The 3rd Quarter melt down by the PG QB (Bad decision making and carelessness) certainly helped turn that game quickly as did Carthage adjustments at the defensive line of Scrimmage . I was surprised how simple PG kept its offense against Carthage. I'm sure they will have plenty of counter measures ready should Carthage take the defensive approach it did in the 2nd half of the earlier meeting,  I think the PG team will be highly motivated and improved drastically should they indeed both meet at State. PG will likely have their 4 Star Defensive End Marcus Burris back and several other key people that were apparently absent in the first contest. I think Carthage has a much tougher road to State than PG. The only team I see that truly has a shot at PG on their side is likely Gilmer but I do not believe Gilmer has the ability to beat PG once much less twice, at least not from what I have seen.  In the end I do think it will be Carthage and PG with Carthage taking a Hotly contested game

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I don't think you can consider a defending champion a Dark Horse. In the case of Texarkana Pleasant Grove and Carthage, there is little doubt Carthage has an advantage. The biggest is obviously at QB and Skill Position. That said,  I do not believe the overall advantage for Carthage to be as wide as the initial meeting gave. In reviewing the game tied at 7 at half. The 3rd Quarter melt down by the PG QB (Bad decision making and carelessness) certainly helped turn that game quickly as did Carthage adjustments at the defensive line of Scrimmage . I was surprised how simple PG kept its offense against Carthage. I'm sure they will have plenty of counter measures ready should Carthage take the defensive approach it did in the 2nd half of the earlier meeting,  I think the PG team will be highly motivated and improved drastically should they indeed both meet at State. PG will likely have their 4 Star Defensive End Marcus Burris back and several other key people that were apparently absent in the first contest. I think Carthage has a much tougher road to State than PG. The only team I see that truly has a shot at PG on their side is likely Gilmer but I do not believe Gilmer has the ability to beat PG once much less twice, at least not from what I have seen.  In the end I do think it will be Carthage and PG with Carthage taking a Hotly contested game

I have a feeling, the Dawgs will most likely greatly improve also if and when they make it to Jerry’s House. 
The Dawgs will better in District than they were in non district and much better in each playoff game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

He started the website while in East Texas. He calls Waco home now so that why you have the central area teams. So don’t kid yourself thinking East Texas ain’t the bread and butter.

Your right it started in East Texas but moved on to better things in Centex... Dont fool yourself centex is the butter for the bread