Week Four: Longview vs West Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (3-1) vs West Mesquite Wranglers (0-4)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • West Mesquite in a close one
    • West Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2020 at 12:30 AM

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

My personal opinion....Amarillo High will be the best out of Amarillo. Darkhorse out West in R1.

I know...the Sandies are a good team as well...I think AT defense may be better but the Sandies have had their number recently so will be interested to see how it turns out.  

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

they have pushed HP the last few years....I have always known that once they get a coach and a system down, then they will be a regional contender on an annual basis....

The thing with Lancaster every year is that when there back is against the wall they don’t have the mental toughness to push it was evident when we beat them in the playoffs in 2018 and last year too. Also they aren’t a discipline football team. They try to rely on talent so much and that can only take you so far which is why you usually see them drop out the 2nd to 3rd round each year. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

How hard is it to get tickets for a Longview game?

At home? This season I don’t think it’d be that hard at all, outside of the Highland Park game. 

With home side seating, general admission still being sold on other side plus the hill is open every game, plenty of space.

Especially for the remaining contests, minus HP.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

At home? This season I don’t think it’d be that hard at all, outside of the Highland Park game. 

With home side seating, general admission still being sold on other side plus the hill is open every game, plenty of space.

Especially for the remaining contests, minus HP.

Can you buy tickets for the HP game online? 

21 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

The thing with Lancaster every year is that when there back is against the wall they don’t have the mental toughness to push it was evident when we beat them in the playoffs in 2018 and last year too. Also they aren’t a discipline football team. They try to rely on talent so much and that can only take you so far which is why you usually see them drop out the 2nd to 3rd round each year. 

Oh I know all too well discipline is an issue for them.

Just saying from a talent standpoint...they're the most loaded as they've possibly ever been this year and next.

14 hours ago, kingwolf said:

For sure is an advantage...I also don't want to face HP twice in a season winning the first game most likely saves a second game....I don't think they get past DR...I also think Coronado is a dark horse...Tascosa seems to be solid but LC may surprise a lot of people...

Really, dude. EL PASO Coronado??? When is the last time any school from El Paso (BESIDES, CANUTILLO) or the Laredo, Brownsville or Edinburg area done anything remotely significant as it pertains to High School Football???

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

My personal opinion....Amarillo High will be the best out of Amarillo. Darkhorse out West in R1.

14 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

How hard is it to get tickets for a Longview game?

For THIS game. Probably not very, hard. Now, with Highland Park next week...... OMG. Good Luck.

24 minutes ago, Quick said:

Really, dude. EL PASO Coronado??? When is the last time any school from El Paso (BESIDES, CANUTILLO) or the Laredo, Brownsville or Edinburg area done anything remotely significant as it pertains to High School Football???

It's Lubbock Coronado, not El Paso Coronado.

And they are a very good football team.

EP Coronado is 6A as far as I know still.

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

It's Lubbock Coronado, not El Paso Coronado.

And they are a very good football team.

EP Coronado is 6A as far as I know still.

Nah. We have to disagree on that. The only school out of that panhandle area that's worth a damn is PROBABLY, Canadian. If, you're into watching that type of stuff. You have to keep it 💯 '07. You've been watching Texas High School football long enough to know what areas of Texas CONSISTENTLY put out on a yearly basis, not some flash in the pan appearance like Tascosa does. It doesn't help the fact that we get off of the gas up 35-7 and totally make the ballgame look competitive when it wasn't. 

6 hours ago, Quick said:

It’s Lubbock lol 😂

11 minutes ago, Quick said:

Nah. We have to disagree on that. The only school out of that panhandle area that's worth a damn is PROBABLY, Canadian. If, you're into watching that type of stuff. You have to keep it 💯 '07. You've been watching Texas High School football long enough to know what areas of Texas CONSISTENTLY put out on a yearly basis, not some flash in the pan appearance like Tascosa does. It doesn't help the fact that we get off of the gas up 35-7 and totally make the ballgame look competitive when it wasn't. 

If you go back and look at them the last couple of years they put up a pretty good team and a DR type team knocks them out...this is supposed to be one of their most talented teams in many years...but we will see

5 hours ago, Quick said:

I've seen two of their games this year, they are good.

Do I think they're top 5 good? No. But they've also been in Denton Ryan's path each of the last three years.

But not being top 5 doesn't mean one a single day they can't beat one of the top 5 teams.

I expect them to go far in the post season this year. They looked like the real deal from what I've seen. But your post is exactly why I watched them. I didn't want my previous experiences of seeing and watch West Texas football to shade my perception of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Longview needs to find a Qb this Friday...

Aint happening lol

But I definitely want to see more Grant the next two weeks.

Been a lopsided amount of PT in Allen's favor...yet Grant is still right there with him statistically.

Allen: 20-39-0, 285 yards, 3 TDs

Grant: 14-25-1, 249 yards, 3 TDs

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Aint happening lol

But I definitely want to see more Grant the next two weeks.

Been a lopsided amount of PT in Allen's favor...yet Grant is still right there with him statistically.

Allen: 20-39-0, 285 yards, 3 TDs

Grant: 14-25-1, 249 yards, 3 TDs

They definitely need to work on passing game on Friday though.

The past two weeks King has said on the post game show that they should've thrown more in the second half.

40 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Yep and we are 3 weeks away from a defense that will slow us down in the running game...It will be Temple all over again if we don't find a short passing game...

Score wise perhaps, but that Temple game was our own doing more than what Temple did..on offense for us at least.

We're not going to find a consistent passing game in the next three weeks. It's just about improving. Hale will have to be huge for us. Beltran will have to have a game like he did against Marshall. Hopkins needs to make the easy catches he dropped against West Brook.