Paul Pewitt @ Daingerfield

EastTxFinest

Paul Pewitt vs Daingerfield  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Paul Pewitt
    • Daingerfield

28 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Cows chew on cuddle all day for a living. Tigers hunt their prey. Luckily for us PoohIt school district is willingly bring a bus load for us to feast on Friday night!!! #WelcomeToTheJungle

#TimeToEat

#WeReady

Ain’t no real Tigers in Texas. Only India. Y’all are in for a rude awakening! PP gonna pass for 400 yards in the first half!

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Im wondering if @Paxcan give us the run down like he used to....

I was gonna do this game anyway, I just hadn't got around to it.  Right now, Daingerfield is scoring 30.4 against defenses that give up 30.2 on average.  Pewitt is scoring 26.2 per game against defenses that give up 26.9 per game.  Both offenses are basically scoring what the defense normally allows.  On the other end though, Daingerfield is holding teams averaging 28.2 per game to just 12.9 while Pewitt is allowing 28.7 per game to teams that average just 25.3 per game.  On paper, Pewitt is just giving their opponents their average game while Daingerfield does the same offensively, but their defense is holding teams to 17.3 fewer points than they average.  Totaling both ends, Daingerfield swings opponents out of their game by an average of +19.5 per game while Pewitt is giving opponents -0.9 meaning teams they play are actually 1 point better than their average game when they play Pewitt.  Teams are 19.5 points worse when they play Daingerfield.

The score that spits out on this one is Daingerfield 32, Pewitt 12.

Now, Daingerfield did not play a Celina this year, and I don't think they played a Mt. Vernon either.  Those two opponents are playing up for sure, so that can skew these numbers.  If you only consider district games, Pewitt is a much better +16.1 in the swing stat, but DF is a +31.0.  Only considering district games, I still get Daingerfield by two scores, 35-21.

Common opponents are De Kalb and Atlanta, and here Pewitt had a slightly easier time overall.  Daingerfield beat Atlanta 16-6 while Pewitt won 40-21.  This was the first game of the year for both teams.  Daingerfield beat De Kalb 36-29 and had to come from behind.  They were down 29-14 with 10 minutes left in the game and scored 22 in the last 10 minutes for the come-from-behind win.  Pewitt was up 14-0 with about 7 minutes remaining and put it away with three scores to win 35-6.  Even though the scores in the De Kalb game are very different on paper, I'm not sure there is a clear-cut better team based on this one game.  Based on only the two common opponents, I get Pewitt in a 31-14 win.

My overall prediction is going to be Daingerfield, 35-21.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Pax said:

I was gonna do this game anyway, I just hadn't got around to it.  Right now, Daingerfield is scoring 30.4 against defenses that give up 30.2 on average.  Pewitt is scoring 26.2 per game against defenses that give up 26.9 per game.  Both offenses are basically scoring what the defense normally allows.  On the other end though, Daingerfield is holding teams averaging 28.2 per game to just 12.9 while Pewitt is allowing 28.7 per game to teams that average just 25.3 per game.  On paper, Pewitt is just giving their opponents their average game while Daingerfield does the same offensively, but their defense is holding teams to 17.3 fewer points than they average.  Totaling both ends, Daingerfield swings opponents out of their game by an average of +19.5 per game while Pewitt is giving opponents -0.9 meaning teams they play are actually 1 point better than their average game when they play Pewitt.  Teams are 19.5 points worse when they play Daingerfield.

The score that spits out on this one is Daingerfield 32, Pewitt 12.

Now, Daingerfield did not play a Celina this year, and I don't think they played a Mt. Vernon either.  Those two opponents are playing up for sure, so that can skew these numbers.  If you only consider district games, Pewitt is a much better +16.1 in the swing stat, but DF is a +31.0.  Only considering district games, I still get Daingerfield by two scores, 35-21.

Common opponents are De Kalb and Atlanta, and here Pewitt had a slightly easier time overall.  Daingerfield beat Atlanta 16-6 while Pewitt won 40-21.  This was the first game of the year for both teams.  Daingerfield beat De Kalb 36-29 and had to come from behind.  They were down 29-14 with 10 minutes left in the game and scored 22 in the last 10 minutes for the come-from-behind win.  Pewitt was up 14-0 with about 7 minutes remaining and put it away with three scores to win 35-6.  Even though the scores in the De Kalb game are very different on paper, I'm not sure there is a clear-cut better team based on this one game.  Based on only the two common opponents, I get Pewitt in a 31-14 win.

My overall prediction is going to be Daingerfield, 35-21.

Thanks my dude

At the beginning of the year I gave us no chance to win this one but I’ve seen some kids step up and play their butts off and lead the youngsters on the team. Need a mistake free game and a little luck but I have hope now we can win, hopefully DF will give us a free half like they’ve done the last three weeks LOL. I’m gonna say 31-24 Pewitt