Tyler High @ McKinney North

cujoforlife

7-5a D1   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

dude what stats are u looking at?  Sanchez has only completed like 2 passes all yr until tonight, and none of them were more than 5 or 10 yds. Pinkard is avg over 200 yds a game passing. Pinkard threw for 300 yds against Legacy.

If you like Sanchez better, thats cool, but don't make up stuff.

I was at the game thank you and it was more that pinkard did not throw for 200 yards. 

6 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

dude what stats are u looking at?  Sanchez has only completed like 2 passes all yr until tonight, and none of them were more than 5 or 10 yds. Pinkard is avg over 200 yds a game passing. Pinkard threw for 300 yds against Legacy.

If you like Sanchez better, thats cool, but don't make up stuff.

just let him ramble.

• Like 1

Well Well Well, as 3rdcoastent would always say when he start his podcast.

Man! I was hoping we would get this W, just for the young men. It would have done so much for this team and maybe, just maybe given the staff a sense of understanding or identity, direction for this team. Probably bad choice of words, I mean well.

Now I’m not for all the flip-flopping of the QB’s unless there’s a upside to the madness. I’m not the coach or a coach but sometimes you can do more harm than good with the young men. 

I’m not debating who’s the better QB and all that, but Pinkard was playing ok within his abilities, with some mistakes and that’s ok, we just want to improve. Now with him playing within his abilities will depend a lot on the play calling. You will have to disguise some plays, rolling out sometime. I think you have to help him out as he grow mentally.

Now speaking of mentally, with the two earlier losses, Pinkard was (I thought) adjusting well to the speed of the game being absent from the QB position a year. Something happened and the last two games he’s been behind the speed of the game for some reason. But anyway two weeks to get ready for WEST. JMO

Let’s Get it together T-High

11 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I was at the game thank you and it was more that pinkard did not throw for 200 yards. 

dude, go read my post again.

I never said Pinkard threw for 200 yds last night. I said Pinkard is averaging nearly 200 yds passing per game this season.  

And I have watched every game this season. Until last night Sanchez had completed like 1 or 2 passes for a total of like 10 to 15 yds for the entire season.  So, I don't know why you think this guy is better.  

But at this point, it doesn't matter. Throw him in there. might as well.  Coached threw in the town against Horn at the end. and against North.  He quitting and so has many players.  

I feel sorry for alot of these players because they deserve better.

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

dude, go read my post again.

I never said Pinkard threw for 200 yds last night. I said Pinkard is averaging nearly 200 yds passing per game this season.  

And I have watched every game this season. Until last night Sanchez had completed like 1 or 2 passes for a total of like 10 to 15 yds for the entire season.  So, I don't know why you think this guy is better.  

But at this point, it doesn't matter. Throw him in there. might as well.  Coached threw in the town against Horn at the end. and against North.  He quitting and so has many players.  

I feel sorry for alot of these players because they deserve better.

Maybe it's time.....

4 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

Well Well Well, as 3rdcoastent would always say when he start his podcast.

Man! I was hoping we would get this W, just for the young men. It would have done so much for this team and maybe, just maybe given the staff a sense of understanding or identity, direction for this team. Probably bad choice of words, I mean well.

Now I’m not for all the flip-flopping of the QB’s unless there’s a upside to the madness. I’m not the coach or a coach but sometimes you can do more harm than good with the young men. 

I’m not debating who’s the better QB and all that, but Pinkard was playing ok within his abilities, with some mistakes and that’s ok, we just want to improve. Now with him playing within his abilities will depend a lot on the play calling. You will have to disguise some plays, rolling out sometime. I think you have to help him out as he grow mentally.

Now speaking of mentally, with the two earlier losses, Pinkard was (I thought) adjusting well to the speed of the game being absent from the QB position a year. Something happened and the last two games he’s been behind the speed of the game for some reason. But anyway two weeks to get ready for WEST. JMO

Let’s Get it together T-High

he not letting the kid make mistakes. You can tell its mental, because he thinking to much out there.  He doesn't take the run when its there because he trying to stay in pocket to find receivers. He hasn't played qb in a yr or two.  let him battle through it. encourage him.  Coach him up.  Cause this team is only going to win if he plays well and they don't give up special teams touchdowns and fumbles/INT's

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

Maybe it's time.....

bro.  When you have been to 2 semi finals and a quarterfinals, won several district championships, and you can't field a freshman team, after your two feeder schools had outstaning 8th grade teams.  Something is wrong. 

Now you have lost back to back to two bad teams. Change has got to come. Need to see better progress the rest of yr, or it may be time.

4 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I wasn’t sold on Sanchez when he threw probaly the worst 5 yard pass I ever seen and had to take him out and have isiah come in just to throw a deep ball

give it up man.  We all see that.  but at this point I don't know if it matters anymore.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

he not letting the kid make mistakes. You can tell its mental, because he thinking to much out there.  He doesn't take the run when its there because he trying to stay in pocket to find receivers. He hasn't played qb in a yr or two.  let him battle through it. encourage him.  Coach him up.  Cause this team is only going to win if he plays well and they don't give up special teams touchdowns and fumbles/INT's

That's the same way Cadillac was playing his Jr. year and the beginning of his Sr. season.  He'll have 50 yards of open space to run the ball and still trying to throw the football. That's why I was so confused. You have who I consider the face of the new cujo era Jeremy Johnson on the coaching staff. He didn't ever tell him to take off or show him video tape of when he played. Watching Toka videos should of had any future qb for JT ready. His highlights tape showed you how to win whatever division you are in player of the year. When Cadillac realized he could be a playmaker, to me that's when JT offense took off his senior year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Would not have believed that Tyler would have lost to North after what I saw of them 2 weeks ago.

But.... since we just lost to PT..... I'll just sit here and shut up.

nah Mav. I mocked you last yr about wanting a rivalry with PT.  This Pine Tree team is probably the best they have had in many yrs.  They should give Texas High a good game.  

6 hours ago, VonG said:

That's the same way Cadillac was playing his Jr. year and the beginning of his Sr. season.  He'll have 50 yards of open space to run the ball and still trying to throw the football. That's why I was so confused. You have who I consider the face of the new cujo era Jeremy Johnson on the coaching staff. He didn't ever tell him to take off or show him video tape of when he played. Watching Toka videos should of had any future qb for JT ready. His highlights tape showed you how to win whatever division you are in player of the year. When Cadillac realized he could be a playmaker, to me that's when JT offense took off his senior year. 

Greg Ward or Morris may go down as JT top QB, but for me it was Toke.  That dude was unreal. 

They just need to let him work through the growing pains. you can see the potential.  JT has outgained every opponet this yr.  They outgained North by 200 yds. Had more rushing and passing yds.  Probably time of possesion too, but still lost.  

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

nah Mav. I mocked you last yr about wanting a rivalry with PT.  This Pine Tree team is probably the best they have had in many yrs.  They should give Texas High a good game.  

First home loss to them since 1985. 

#RivalryOn

Best of luck to Tyler the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Greg Ward or Morris may go down as JT top QB, but for me it was Toke.  That dude was unreal. 

They just need to let him work through the growing pains. you can see the potential.  JT has outgained every opponet this yr.  They outgained North by 200 yds. Had more rushing and passing yds.  Probably time of possesion too, but still lost.  

I'm not saying Jeremy was the best qb for JT. I'm saying he is the face of the new cujo era. He was the one who put JT back on the map. The only thing Morris had on either qb is a state championship. His stats don't compare to either. Greg just had more passing yards because he had a better receiving core. It depends on how you look at it. But all things considered I'm going with Toka.

Different era, different styles of play. Morris would've never been asked to throw the ball 30 times in a game, nor would he have needed to. This once proud program didn't just break, it's been broken for quite awhile now. It's not about the players, its about the pride of the guy leading them. It used to be, we could beat you just because we were JT (btw I'm never saying TH) and the pride that came with that. That meant something. No one fears these JT teams anymore, nor should they. This is what happens when you can't constantly (out)athlete teams. The allure has worn off that dusty old 94 state championship trophy lol. Not even being able to field a freshman team? Com' on, mannn!!

1 hour ago, LionHated said:

Different era, different styles of play. Morris would've never been asked to throw the ball 30 times in a game, nor would he have needed to. This once proud program didn't just break, it's been broken for quite awhile now. It's not about the players, its about the pride of the guy leading them. It used to be, we could beat you just because we were JT (btw I'm never saying TH) and the pride that came with that. That meant something. No one fears these JT teams anymore, nor should they. This is what happens when you can't constantly (out)athlete teams. The allure has worn off that dusty old 94 state championship trophy lol. Not even being able to field a freshman team? Com' on, mannn!!

Are you saying it's time for change at the helm?