Week 9: White Oak vs Gladewater

Eagleborn

Who wins this clash of Titans?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Eh?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Every since we scrimmaged them, I knew they were much improved and it’s showing. They won’t have enough against y’all though. 

I worry about how banged up we are. We had to overuse some players last night and I'm sure they are feeling it this morning. Our last drive we were using our 2 big backs in the I formation. It was actually successful but they were pounding and tired. Could be a good mix going forward, but it was hard to keep players fresh with the guys we had out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I worry about how banged up we are. We had to overuse some players last night and I'm sure they are feeling it this morning. Our last drive we were using our 2 big backs in the I formation. It was actually successful but they were pounding and tired. Could be a good mix going forward, but it was hard to keep players fresh with the guys we had out.

We have enough depth and talent to overcome the injuries. If you watch Mineola play dang near the whole team both ways and still have enough in the tank to take out Pottsboro in overtime you realize that the kids can overcome fatigue.  

6 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Y’all are looking at record and not teams played. Big difference. 

Just now, GWBears01 said:

We have enough depth and talent to overcome the injuries. If you watch Mineola play dang near the whole team both ways and still have enough in the tank to take out Pottsboro in overtime you realize that the kids can overcome fatigue.  

Bad play calling by Potts. 

Just now, Racer55 said:

Pretty sure we have 1.73 more testicles than the Tatum t urds.

It’s gonna take more than 1.73 hangers to win these next few weeks. Finally playing someone with a pulse. But congrats on making playoffs. Should go right up there next to bass masters trophy. 

1 hour ago, CreateMyAccount said:

After this game WO will be experiencing the great depression 

The same depression the Tatum t urds experienced until this week? For some reason they finally got over their slump from GW. It just took beating two poor teams to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

The same depression the Tatum t urds experienced until this week? For some reason they finally got over their slump from GW. It just took beating two poor teams to do it. 

What depression? We beat the best team we played. Only loss was to a wannabe. 

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

GW will have the best offense we’ve faced to this point. How big are the boys up front? 

They’ll be the biggest most physical group y’all have seen. The OL and our speed will be WO’s undoing in my opinion. Our DL is also big and physical. If y’all can keep them off your quarterback you may be able to throw the ball some but I’m not sure y’all will have success stopping us at all.  

52 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

All it took last night was an injury to another key player. Might be enough depth and talent now but not in the playoffs. Not against the group of teams in our region. It's one thing to go down the field with our 2 big guys on the last drive of the game, but entirely a different story to have to start the game that way. I have no ideal how long DJ and Malachi will be out. Eligia went down but did return for a little bit and Devon was playing hurt. You saw how hard Devon played last night but he was spent at the end. They are all tough that's for sure. Tristan was getting bang up on his runs and we couldn't get him out of the game as long as we needed the option to pass the ball. With DJ out it's hard to move Kolin to QB. We need him and K'Havia at WR. 

Yes, you are right, we have options that we can move people around. Depth is totally different. I look at depth as being able to replace a player with another player or move players and it not affect your game plan. Unfortunately when you have multiple injuries,most moving around of players changes your game plan. Against some teams no matter what you do it works. Against really good teams one key player out can cost you a game.