Week 9: White Oak vs Gladewater

Eagleborn

Who wins this clash of Titans?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Eh?

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

I no people will get mad at me for this but I don’t care. Gladewater is a good team but could be great. The problem is the coaches do not hold the kids accountable for there actions. I been saying this for 3 years.  We will never get over that hump until we start doing the right thing to get the kids to understand in order to be great you got to have discipline. Mistake is one thing but not holding the kids accountable and discipline them for there action is another. I have a son that plays on the team and I am speaking on him to. He do not act like the way he did when we played Center and got a stupid penalty when the game was on the line. I promise I took care of it. He have not had another stupid penalty sense. 

I'm going to assume you are talking about the ejection tonight. Not sure you can say it put the game on the line or that it won't be taken care of. Ejections do come with an additional penalty. I think they can't play the 1st half of the next game. Will that hurt us? Maybe. It's not something that we want. As far as our coaches holding him responsible, well it's only been a few hours since the game ended. We don't know right now what will happen. I'm sure the coaches will talk to him, watch film of what happened and deal with it. As far as any other situations in the last 3 years, I've seen the coaches hold kids accountable. It's great that you take responsibility to hold your son accountable when the situations have arisen. That's good. Keep handling it if need be. Maybe your son tells you things I don't know about. I don't have a kid on the team. I haven't seen an issue but if there is one maybe the kids should hold each other accountable. I've seen several instances this year and each time the coaches DID hold players accountable.

Look, you seem really upset. Not sure why you are upset enough to air it on here nor do I think what happened is worthy of your being this upset. Well, unless you know something I don't know. Did he get ejected for the rest of the season? Can he never play football again? Now that would be horrible, but still not the coaches fault and it's not like this is normal for this particular kid. Kids get upset. It happens. 

You are right. We aren't a great team. We are good and we definitely can be better, but there are a lot of good teams in Region 2. District 5 is stacked, and the best team in Region 2 isn't in District 5. We will play a really good team in the 1st round and every round after that if we continue to win. Right now we are a little banged up. If we can get totally healthy everything will be ok. We just have to take one game at a time.

20 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I'm going to assume you are talking about the ejection tonight. Not sure you can say it put the game on the line or that it won't be taken care of. Ejections do come with an additional penalty. I think they can't play the 1st half of the next game. Will that hurt us? Maybe. It's not something that we want. As far as our coaches holding him responsible, well it's only been a few hours since the game ended. We don't know right now what will happen. I'm sure the coaches will talk to him, watch film of what happened and deal with it. As far as any other situations in the last 3 years, I've seen the coaches hold kids accountable. It's great that you take responsibility to hold your son accountable when the situations have arisen. That's good. Keep handling it if need be. Maybe your son tells you things I don't know about. I don't have a kid on the team. I haven't seen an issue but if there is one maybe the kids should hold each other accountable. I've seen several instances this year and each time the coaches DID hold players accountable.

Look, you seem really upset. Not sure why you are upset enough to air it on here nor do I think what happened is worthy of your being this upset. Well, unless you know something I don't know. Did he get ejected for the rest of the season? Can he never play football again? Now that would be horrible, but still not the coaches fault and it's not like this is normal for this particular kid. Kids get upset. It happens. 

You are right. We aren't a great team. We are good and we definitely can be better, but there are a lot of good teams in Region 2. District 5 is stacked, and the best team in Region 2 isn't in District 5. We will play a really good team in the 1st round and every round after that if we continue to win. Right now we are a little banged up. If we can get totally healthy everything will be ok. We just have to take one game at a time.

Not upset at all.  Like I said I have a kid on the team. When he got the penalty at Center there was not anything done about it. We are undiscipline. It will catch up with us in the playoff.  I understand they are kids and going to make mistakes. But you can’t keep getting stupid penalty. I just speak the truth. Every game but last week we have had unsportsmanlike penalty.  

7 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

Not upset at all.  Like I said I have a kid on the team. When he got the penalty at Center there was not anything done about it. We are undiscipline. It will catch up with us in the playoff.  I understand they are kids and going to make mistakes. But you can’t keep getting stupid penalty. I just speak the truth. Every game but last week we have had unsportsmanlike penalty.  

I am not just talking about tonight. I am talking about all year. We have had a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties.  That should be clean up by now. 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:44 AM, Bears36 said:

I am not just talking about tonight. I am talking about all year. We have had a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties.  That should be clean up by now. 

What would you do to a kid that got an unsportsmanlike conduct flag? make him run extra? bench him? suspend him? I'm just curious, you seem to have a plan to fix it so what is it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bearnation said:

What would you do to a kid that got an unsportsmanlike conduct flag? make him run extra? bench him? suspend him? I'm just curious, you seem to have a plan to fix it so what is it?

•  

That’s what we have coaching for. I promise I am not the only one thanks we are undiscipline. Go look on southwest football Friday. I just don’t mind speaking the truth. The truth #### people off most of the time.