Week 9: White Oak vs Gladewater

Eagleborn

Who wins this clash of Titans?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Eh?

This poll is closed to new votes

Gladewater vs White Oak 

Record- Bears 27 White Oak 7

1st Meeting- 1974 White Oak won 16-6 (My Senior year. White Oak watered-down their field all week to make it difficult for our speedster RBs. On top of that it rained all week. At halftime the water was ankle deep. Sure was hard marching in the mud and water. 😂

Last Meeting- 2019 Bears won 44-0

White Oak's Last Win- 2004 27-14

Total Points- Bears 1064 White Oak 380

Most Points in a Game- 88 1985 Bears won 68-20

Fewest Points in a Game- 14 1978 Bears won 14-0

Largest Point Spread- 55 1983 Bears won 55-0

1996 Bears won 55-0

Closest Game- 3 1999 Bears won 24-21

Bears Shutout White Oak- 10 times- 1978 14-0, 1979 34-0, 1983 55-0, 1990 47-0, 1994 34-0, 1996 55-0, 2000 41-0, 2001 28-0, 2018 49-0, 2019 44-0.

White Oak has Shutout the Bears- 1 time- 1997 31-0

Bears by a lot. Congrats to WO on turning things around this season but the next 2 weeks will be the best 2 teams you’ve faced all year by a lot. We are a little banged up but it won’t matter because we have too much depth. I look for us to put up 40+ just like every other week and I look for us to get the stops needed to put it out of reach. Depending on which style of game we play it may be close for a few quarters but then we will pull away. Hopefully both teams stay healthy.   

39 minutes ago, WOhorns said:

Sounds like someone is still salty from his sr year lose . 

Haha, you think!!! Hey, at least I remember it. I've forgotten a whole lot of stuff over the years.

My dad, worked in the oil field, and his tanks were all over White Oak. We spent a lot of time roaming White Oak and playing golf at Buster's when we weren't climbing tanks.

1 minute ago, WOhorns said:

So instead of admitting it rained all week y’all used a excuse that they watered the field ? Y’all are funny 

I was 9 months old when that game was played. I remember it like it was yesterday. They definitely watered that field !

3 minutes ago, WOhorns said:

So instead of admitting it rained all week y’all used a excuse that they watered the field ? Y’all are funny 

I did admit it rained all week, in addition to them watering down the field. One doesn't exclude the other.

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I was 9 months old when that game was played. I remember it like it was yesterday. They definitely watered that field !

7 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

You have a better chance at winning the lottery. 

Everyone's a comedian today. 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1