Joaquin Rams (7-0, 3-0) at Shelbyville Dragons (2-3, 1-1)

trueblue82

Shelby County Slugfest   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dragons?

• Joaquin Rams (7-0, 3-0)
    • Shelbyville Dragons (2-3, 1-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

The Rams travel to the south end of Shelby County to take on the Dragons in what has developed into a fierce rivalry in recent years. Since the turn of the century, the Rams hold a 14-7 advantage in the series. The teams split a pair of games in 2019, with the Dragons snapping a 16 game Ram home win streak with a 22-21 victory at Ram Stadium. The Rams responded by burying the Dragons 38-0 in a bi-district playoff game at Henderson. The Dragons are coming off of a 33-14 win over Garrison, while the Ram starters didn’t even play a full half in 46-0 laugher over West Hardin. Both teams are playoff bound, but this game has huge implications. The Rams can lock down the #2 playoff seed with a win, and set up a showdown with Timpson for the district title. A Dragon victory would put them in the driver’s seat for the 2 seed (they’re a half game behind due to their game with West Hardin being postponed), and keep them in the district title race. Ironically, the Dragons have not beaten the Rams at Dragon Stadium since 2014. The Dragons are likely the only team in the district that plays the physical style of football that the Rams excel at. Both teams have battled the turnover bug this season, so whoever does the best job of holding on to the pigskin probably has an advantage in this one. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

The Rams travel to the south end of Shelby County to take on the Dragons in what has developed into a fierce rivalry in recent years. Since the turn of the century, the Rams hold a 14-7 advantage in the series. The teams split a pair of games in 2019, with the Dragons snapping a 16 game Ram home win streak with a 22-21 victory at Ram Stadium. The Rams responded by burying the Dragons 38-0 in a bi-district playoff game at Henderson. The Dragons are coming off of a 33-14 win over Garrison, while the Ram starters didn’t even play a full half in 46-0 laugher over West Hardin. Both teams are playoff bound, but this game has huge implications. The Rams can lock down the #2 playoff seed with a win, and set up a showdown with Timpson for the district title. A Dragon victory would put them in the driver’s seat for the 2 seed (they’re a half game behind due to their game with West Hardin being postponed), and keep them in the district title race. Ironically, the Dragons have not beaten the Rams at Dragon Stadium since 2014. The Dragons are likely the only team in the district that plays the physical style of football that the Rams excel at. Both teams have battled the turnover bug this season, so whoever does the best job of holding on to the pigskin probably has an advantage in this one. 

I watched the Shelbyville/Garrison game and break out the ice baths, this is going to be a rough one.  

Joe has to focus on this week and not get caught looking again and hold on to the ball.  The rivalry makes this one all the more  interesting.   Shelbyville has a some good size on their lines.  
With that said, it’s not very often a team beats Joaquin at what they do.  

So I have to say Joaquin by 6 points.

4 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

I watched the Shelbyville/Garrison game and break out the ice baths, this is going to be a rough one.  

Joe has to focus on this week and not get caught looking again and hold on to the ball.  The rivalry makes this one all the more  interesting.   Shelbyville has a some good size on their lines.  
With that said, it’s not very often a team beats Joaquin at what they do.  

So I have to say Joaquin by 6 points.

Shelbyville gonna soften Joe up for that Timpson squad

I better see the same turnout of Smoaky Dragon fans this week as I did in this thread last year lol. Seeing as though I have a youngin' on the Dragon D Line, I gotta take the homer pick. It's gonna be an all out war. Good ole-fashioned smashmouth football, but hey, what else would you expect from these two teams? Friday cannot come soon enough. 

Rams have come out the last two weeks flat in 1st qtr. Mistakes and sloppy play with fumbles and penalties. I watched Sville against Timpson and Garrison do the same kind of mistakes. It’s a cliche but whoever can put together the cleanest 4qtrs will come out on top. I expect to see a close hard hitting game.