Joaquin Rams (7-0, 3-0) at Shelbyville Dragons (2-3, 1-1)

trueblue82

Shelby County Slugfest   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dragons?

• Joaquin Rams (7-0, 3-0)
    • Shelbyville Dragons (2-3, 1-1)

This poll is closed to new votes

Ol Trueblue’s thoughts: thanks to a vast conspiracy involving the SISD administration, Texas Governor Gregg Abbott, the Shelby County judge (a SHS alum), the CDC, Dr. Fauci, the Chinese government, and Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden (ok I don’t know he was involved but it just smells like his kinda thing), Ol TrueBlue missed his first Ram game since week 2 of 2015. Evidently the Rams got wind of this travesty about the end of the first quarter when they realized no one was correcting the egregious calls from the officiating crew that had just got off work at Tyson. This seemed to put an even bigger chip on their shoulders, and they responded by holding the dragons scoreless for the remainder of the game, while exploding for 3 unanswered TDs. Special thanks to my buddy GreasedLightning for sending me updates via Smoak signals (pun intended), and my daughter’s dog Izzy who paced the floor with me until late 4th quarter. I will start a thread on the district championship game at Timpson sometime tomorrow. Good job Rams! 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:54 PM, Unashamed said:

I'm ready to see how Joaquins secondary handles Coleman.   He sounds like a beast on the radio.   Hope hes healthy.   

#12 had 3 passes thrown his way. 0 completions and 1 interception by Brandon Soto. Next possession Sville #12 cheap shot Soto out of bounds on a targeting call (bad play by #12). He got ejected in 2nd qtr

3 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Is SOTO ok?

Yes he laid there for a while but got up. #12 punted and Soto was the return man. Shanked the punt out of bounds to the track . Punt traveled about 12yds. Soto ran over towards sideline and #12 comes flying in and he absolutely smashed Soto helmet to helmet. 30yds in penalties and #12 was ejected.

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

#12 had 3 passes thrown his way. 0 completions and 1 interception by Brandon Soto. Next possession Sville #12 cheap shot Soto out of bounds on a targeting call (bad play by #12). He got ejected in 2nd qtr

What a horrible cheap shot it was.. hope to see Shelbyville do the right thing

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I wasn't there but know the kid well. He isn't a bad kid at all but is extremely competitive and emotional. No excuses for a targeting hit though! I fully support the rules on this subject. 

4 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I wasn't there but know the kid well. He isn't a bad kid at all but is extremely competitive and emotional. No excuses for a targeting hit though! I fully support the rules on this subject. 

It wasn’t just that it was a targeting helmet to helmet hit . It was also the fact that he was 5 yards out of bounds.
To me, it looked like it was intended to harm. His ego because he was getting his butt whipped on the field and can’t punt isn’t worth the health and safety of another player.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Definitely let his emotions get the best of him. Very fortunate the other player wasn’t injured. 

• Like 1