Liberty-Eylau vs Gilmer

Liger01

LE vs Gilmer  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Leopards
    • Buckeyes

45 minutes ago, Texlov said:

L-E hasn't had that many transfers, and has never lost so many like they have the past two years. Probably their eight best players from the eighth grade the last two years are gone.

Right nothing close to what's happening now✅. Heck one of LEs biggest transfers only moved cause he was told to cut his hair or he couldn't play not because he wanted to jump to a winning team. LE was not winning when he transferred just an average team. 

9 hours ago, TEXAShorn21 said:

Right nothing close to what's happening now✅. Heck one of LEs biggest transfers only moved cause he was told to cut his hair or he couldn't play not because he wanted to jump to a winning team. LE was not winning when he transferred just an average team. 

I remember that. He should have cut his hair.

Let's be truthful. L-E kids are moving because of parents and because the kids lack discipline. Kids today are moving for atheltic purposes. I know of several that went to Pleasant Grove, and now it's happening all over. The UIL needs to step up, but they won't because they're having to waste so much money in courts today. I blame the majority of it on parents.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Texlov said:

Let's be truthful. L-E kids are moving because of parents and because the kids lack discipline. Kids today are moving for atheltic purposes. I know of several that went to Pleasant Grove, and now it's happening all over. The UIL needs to step up, but they won't because they're having to waste so much money in courts today. I blame the majority of it on parents.

Agree. And you're right. The UIL isn't going to step in. It takes too much proof and most don't have it/ the time and money to deal with it. If they are letting it happen at Duncanville, Aledo, etc. They won't be stepping in at PG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texlov said:

Right! The good news is the program is moving towards the right direction, even with everything going on. It's just one of those things that will take time. 

9 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Right. He came in middle school for athletic reasons. Just like the middle schoolers leaving LE to go to PG. 

Most of the recent PG move ins came as 9th graders or after the 9th grade.  The only one I can think of that came earlier is the 9th grade TB who plays varsity that moved from LE in 6th grade.   More power to anyone who gets good players.  Kids want to win and more than ever parents want their kids to be a part of winning.   Just look at the NBA, players want a title by putting a few of the best together and getting one.   

42 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Most of the recent PG move ins came as 9th graders or after the 9th grade.  The only one I can think of that came earlier is the 9th grade TB who plays varsity that moved from LE in 6th grade.   More power to anyone who gets good players.  Kids want to win and more than ever parents want their kids to be a part of winning.   Just look at the NBA, players want a title by putting a few of the best together and getting one.   

Everyone wants to be part of a winning program.  Especially one that is winning state rings. Can't blame them. Just part of it, especially in areas with so many schools districts. 

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Current PG sophomore and freshman played as eighth graders at L-E.

Soooo, in summary, you guys know all of these kids are leaving LE to go to PG because of their football program.  If you guys have the proof of it, why don't you turn it in to the UIL?  At the varsity level, doesn't it require the AD to sign off for a kid to play somewhere else without a hearing?

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Soooo, in summary, you guys know all of these kids are leaving LE to go to PG because of their football program.  If you guys have the proof of it, why don't you turn it in to the UIL?  At the varsity level, doesn't it require the AD to sign off for a kid to play somewhere else without a hearing?

Not if they go as underclassmen and they don't try to get them cleared to play on varsity. You can go anywhere you want, just can't be on varsity for a year. 

9 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Not if they go as underclassmen and they don't try to get them cleared to play on varsity. You can go anywhere you want, just can't be on varsity for a year. 

Right, but one of the posts above said something about a senior LB who was at LE last year....

7 hours ago, JBizzle said:

That's not my job. It's up to the coaches if they want to.

17 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Then the coach signed off on him moving or the DEC cleared him and thought his reasons for moving were valid. 

DPanther is on it!   I heard that the coach that got the ax last year signed off on this kid as he was packing his bags.  Obviously just a jab to the district.

• Like 1