Liberty-Eylau vs Gilmer

Liger01

LE vs Gilmer  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Leopards
    • Buckeyes

Ok, a few quick observations:

1. Game ball goes to Mason Hurt.  He’s told the day before the 1st scrimmage that Tennison is going to be the QB. He accepts his role as a receiver and has been the 2nd best receiver on the team this year. And tonight when Tennison got knocked out of the game he comes right in at QB and plays great. Exactly what you want from a senior leader. 

2. The offense actually moved the ball better with Hurt at QB. seemed like they ran the ball more and better, they blocked better, calls came in quicker, and they got in a rhythm. I can’t figure out Gilmer’s play calling with Tennison at QB. It seems the main reason to start him is because of his running threat, but they rarely run zone read with him. The offense doesn’t seem balanced or in rhythm. But it did with Hurt when he came in. 

3. Offensive line play has to improve. Tennison got beat up tonight. Red zone offense has got to be better also. Gilmer failed to convert on 3 separate trips to the red zone. 

4. I have no idea why Spraglin got ejected. LE player was on top of him. LE player wouldn’t let him up after the whistle, & LE player was throwing the punches. So why were both players ejected?  Made no sense. 

Gilmer still makes too many mistakes, and their offensive line play has to improve if they want to make a serious playoff run. 

1 hour ago, CasualObserver70 said:

1. Game ball goes to Mason Hurt.  He’s told the day before the 1st scrimmage that Tennison is going to be the QB. He accepts his role as a receiver and has been the 2nd best receiver on the team this year. And tonight when Tennison got knocked out of the game he comes right in at QB and plays great. Exactly what you want from a senior leader. 

2. The offense actually moved the ball better with Hurt at QB. seemed like they ran the ball more and better, they blocked better, calls came in quicker, and they got in a rhythm. I can’t figure out Gilmer’s play calling with Tennison at QB. It seems the main reason to start him is because of his running threat, but they rarely run zone read with him. The offense doesn’t seem balanced or in rhythm. But it did with Hurt when he came in. 

3. Offensive line play has to improve. Tennison got beat up tonight. Red zone offense has got to be better also. Gilmer failed to convert on 3 separate trips to the red zone. 

4. I have no idea why Spraglin got ejected. LE player was on top of him. LE player wouldn’t let him up after the whistle, & LE player was throwing the punches. So why were both players ejected?  Made no sense. 

Gilmer still makes too many mistakes, and their offensive line play has to improve if they want to make a serious playoff 

I agree with #1 he played a great game. Good luck to LE & Gilmer this season.. Now, let me answer #4. He was doing some dirty stuff over there!  Now, does that justify throwing punches NO! So, both players needed to go.. 

8 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer still makes too many mistakes, and their offensive line play has to improve if they want to make a serious playoff run. 

Man It’s like the offensive coordinator don’t like BT because u call plays that gets him hit every play but as soon as hurt get in u roll him out the pocket, call quick passes and run the ball I just don’t get it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man It’s like the offensive coordinator don’t like BT because u call plays that gets him hit every play but as soon as hurt get in u roll him out the pocket, call quick passes and run the ball I just don’t get it.

I dont understand it either bud. BT has some wheels but we are not using him that way much anymore. Not sure if the defense is more keyed on him to keep him from taking off with it. Offense did seem to me to run more smoothly when Hurt was out there last night. Hurts passes were good, but the receivers couldnt seem to hang on to the ball very well. Lots of dropped passes that should have been fairly easy. Way too many penalties still and most were unnecessary. Big run by 32 that ended in a fumble for lack of ball handling. Our O line needs to hold their blocks longer. Not giving our QBs hardly any time to develop a play. This far in the season we should be furthor along. We are our worst enemy sometimes.

Maybe we can rest the guys that are banged up right now for next weeks game. We need everyone as healthy as possible in 2 weeks. Just an outsider looking in.

1. Gilmer OL has some issues.

2. Defense played really well. 

3. That sweep was just not there all night, yet was constantly being called. Offense struggled all night with protection, drops and penalties. BT didn’t look comfortable in the pocket all night and his OL needs to step up. Those low snaps didn’t help much either. Lots to clean up and be more consistent on offense if this team wants to make a serious run. I will give credit to LE, they had a good defensive game plan, but Gilmer still should have had 60, but just kept shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone.

12 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

completely false. the gilmer receiver for multiple plays was grabbing the LE corner by the face mask and not letting him get up after the play. They started going back and forth at each other for multiple plays because of that. Both of them started going at it against each other. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

completely false. the gilmer receiver for multiple plays was grabbing the LE corner by the face mask and not letting him get up after the play. They started going back and forth at each other for multiple plays because of that. Both of them started going at it against each other. 

True, after watching the vid, the incident began the play before flags were thrown.   The Gilmer receiver was playing dirty before the LE corner had enough and retaliated which he should not have done.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

So? That warrant the LE player throwing punches? A player should never throw a punch. LE has a history of this obviously. Just trash.

48 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

So? That warrant the LE player throwing punches? A player should never throw a punch. LE has a history of this obviously. Just trash.

Wrong!!!!!!! It doesn't warrant punches.  Go back up and READ!! Not justifying him throwing punches....  Your comment just shows your maturity level #trash. Grow up!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TEXAShorn21 said:

Wrong!!!!!!! It doesn't warrant punches.  Go back up and READ!! Not justifying him throwing punches....  Your comment just shows your maturity level #trash. Grow up!!! 

The FACT is, the player threw punches. The Gilmer player did not. Just because the player talked trash and played physical, that doesn’t warrant the LE player throwing punches. The Gilmer player shouldn’t have been ejected. The no balls refs couldn’t control the game and made the wrong decision completely. It’s ok though, LE is a non factor. ✌🏼 

1 minute ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The FACT is, the player threw punches. The Gilmer player did not. Just because the player talked trash and played physical, that doesn’t warrant the LE player throwing punches. The Gilmer player shouldn’t have been ejected. The no balls refs couldn’t control the game and made the wrong decision completely. It’s ok though, LE is a non 

The FACT still remains they both were/ should have been ejected!!!!! Take the shades off... Like I said, GROW UP✌! 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 10:59 AM, SHillBuckeye said:

1. Gilmer OL has some issues.

2. Defense played really well. 

3. That sweep was just not there all night, yet was constantly being called. Offense struggled all night with protection, drops and penalties. BT didn’t look comfortable in the pocket all night and his OL needs to step up. Those low snaps didn’t help much either. Lots to clean up and be more consistent on offense if this team wants to make a serious run. I will give credit to LE, they had a good defensive game plan, but Gilmer still should have had 60, but just kept shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone.

I totally agree. The play calling is completely different with tennison than hurt. Everyone see it. Tennison is a dual treat qb yet they try to make him pocket qb. If you call the plays the first half like the second half tennison doesn’t get hurt and gilmer run away from le early. The line gotta do better. Period. The fact that gilmer actually ran the ball the second half took pressure off the line and qb. Teams key on tennison and to do awesome as he does with all that pressure is huge. Gilmer ran the ball more the second half than they have the whole season combined. Makes a difference when you balance and use the whole offense. If people can see it in the stands I’m not sure 🤔 why they can’t see it in the press box. 

• Like 1