What's going on in Henderson?

Sportsfanatic1

I do not believe so.  This is a young team with very few returning starters.  They have some talent but are still figuring that out.  I think the HC is a great Coach and a great mentor to these kids in Football and Life.  Now I know I will get killed over that comment but the life outside football is important too.  He wants to win worse than anybody but also wants to turn out good kids.  While I hate that we aren't winning right now I really think the program is there and I am happy my kid went through the program.

Huge drop in talent especially at the o-line positions and overall young squad makes for a rough season for any coach. Coach Castles is one of the best and Hendo is fortunate to have him. As Lionsdad said, he cares deeply for the the kids and prepares them for what 99% of the kids will face after high school...real life! Unfortunately for Coach Castles, he has also lost several high quality coaches from his staff which makes his job even tougher. Ask any successful coach what the keys to success are and they will tell you, very quickly, that a good stable staff is one of the most important factors in successful programs. If the Hendo folks will leave him alone and allow him to rebuild the program he will be able to do it...unfortunately, I think there are to many "Monday morning quarterbacks" in the stands at Hendo that believe they have the best talent and should be winning...which is far from the truth...and will start causing trouble for Coach Castles and his family. I hope and pray I am wrong about that part because the athletes at Henderson will be better men after being in his program. Best of luck Coach Castles!