District 13 3A-D2 Championship Buffalo 7-0 (3-0) @ #7 Franklin 5-2 (4-0)

lionpride08

Buffalo is coming in this game undefeated and off a win over Clifton at home 41 to 23. Buffalo has scored 148 points in district and has given up 77 in 3 games

Franklin traveled on the road to Florence and beat the buffalos 63 to 6. Franklin has scored 227 points and has given up 76 points in 4 district games

Last meeting between these two teams was in 2015. Franklin came away with a win 42 to 13. Thoughts on this game

Watched the Buffalo-Clifton game on NFHS. Clifton played like a team fighting for their playoff lives. Run HEAVY time controlling offense and really exotic defense which gave Buffalo defense problems. On offense Buffalo goes as their quarterback goes. I don't think they punted or had a turnover all night,scoring on every series,I think. The Buffalo quarterback appears to be about 6-5 can throw and run. For 3A-2 he's really good. All that said, Franklin's biggest strength looks to be Buffalo's biggest weakness. run offense -vs- run defense. I'll take Franklin 42-31.

1 hour ago, hwy35tigers said:

Watched the Buffalo-Clifton game on NFHS. Clifton played like a team fighting for their playoff lives. Run HEAVY time controlling offense and really exotic defense which gave Buffalo defense problems. On offense Buffalo goes as their quarterback goes. I don't think they punted or had a turnover all night,scoring on every series,I think. The Buffalo quarterback appears to be about 6-5 can throw and run. For 3A-2 he's really good. All that said, Franklin's biggest strength looks to be Buffalo's biggest weakness. run offense -vs- run defense. I'll take Franklin 42-31.

Yep 6'4 210.... Line avgs about 6'3 230

On 10/17/2020 at 12:59 PM, jacketgrad06 said:

Should be a great ball game. I think franklin wins but Buffalo makes it really interesting. Buffalo’s Qb is really solid from the tape I’ve seen on him. 

Yes watched some highlights on him. He looks to be a pretty good qb

On 10/17/2020 at 11:32 AM, hwy35tigers said:

Watched the game on NFHS, total domination by Franklin's run game. Will call bad form throwing the ball in he end zone with 7 left up by 25. Don't know the final at the time, but darn impressive. You guy's may be a year ahead of schedule.

5 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

Watched the game on NFHS, total domination by Franklin's run game. Will call bad form throwing the ball in he end zone with 7 left up by 25. Don't know the final at the time, but darn impressive. You guy's may be a year ahead of schedule.

Agree should have just ran it before half

12 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin 69 Buffalo 38 final

Coach might need to focus on D for playoffs. They're not gonna score 45+ every round.

That being said, Fannin's had a heck of a rookie season. Mad respect for my second-favorite team. Hope they keep it up.