Pittsburg wins out

BeenHereB4

3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Again. If a third or 4th string type kid is in, I'm not telling him to not score. 

But I dont know who Pitt had in. That's why I asked. 

Pitt doesn't have enough depth to have 3-4th string.   Let them kids score...yalls mentality is exactly why everybody has to get a trophy.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

From a spring hill fan,, who beat LEs jv last year 57-7. Not much different,  actually worse when they weren't varsity players. 

Have you looked at the NL roster?  I’d say over half NL players should be on JV but they don’t have the numbers to field one.

5 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

PG beat NL 56-0. What's the difference? Because PG is "good"?

I guess Spring Hill will pull off if they get over 21 against NL since that's the max point differential. 

I seriously doubt we will score more than 42.  I also bet our JV plays all of Q4 running two plays.  No worries though.  Got to beat Pitt for the NL game to matter.

16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I seriously doubt we will score more than 42.  I also bet our JV plays all of Q4 running two plays.  No worries though.  Got to beat Pitt for the NL game to matter.

That's why I ask who played for Pitt. I'm with you in saying if their 1st team was in until the end, that's not right. Just saying you can't judge by the score. Magnolia West beat someone 97-0 last night. That's insane. But I did read it was all backups or kids playing positions they don't usually play. 

25 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Fair, but I didn't see people saying SH should have pulled off beating LE last year? 

I have been one of the few that publicly stated SH basically beat LE’s JV in 2019.  And had I been JL we would not have played a lot more young kids in the 2nd half vs throwing deep balls for TD’s.

26 minutes ago, Pittstrike52 said:

Bullard didn't have a MONSTER like this in the middle either. Just not going to happen, but take a chance on and we will see . Go Pitt!

Screenshot_20201025-072746.png

I agree #52 is a good LB.  I have seen him on film.  But if you think SH is going to change our identity this week vs a 1-6 team who’s only win is vs 0-8 NL you are crazy.  We will gladly take 8-12 yards per carry while #52 gets his tackles down field.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I agree #52 is a good LB.  I have seen him on film.  But if you think SH is going to change our identity this week vs a 1-6 team who’s only win is vs 0-8 NL you are crazy.  We will gladly take 8-12 yards per carry while #52 gets his tackles down field.

If you have bn watching film,you would know 52 tackles aren't down field

14 minutes ago, Pittstrike52 said:

If you have bn watching film,you would know 52 tackles aren't down field

I have seen several plays that went opposite side and he made the tackle 10 yards downfield in pursuit.  He gets about 10-11 tackles per game right?  What happens on the other 50 plays?  Judging from the scores it looks like if he doesn’t make the tackle there is a high probability of a TD.  🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I have seen several plays that went opposite side and he made the tackle 10 yards downfield in pursuit.  He gets about 10-11 tackles per game right?  What happens on the other 50 plays?  Judging from the scores it looks like if he doesn’t make the tackle there is a high probability of a TD.  🤷‍♂️

Agree. Rough that he is on a team that is struggling so bad. He can't do it all. That's not on him. Gotta get him some help. 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, dillonpanthers said:

PG beat NL 56-0. What's the difference? Because PG is "good"?

I guess Spring Hill will pull off if they get over 21 against NL since that's the max point differential. 

PG was playing backups in the second quarter against North Lamar

On 10/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Not calling him a savior or anything,just stated my opinion about the middle bn practically secured by his presence alone. His counterpart is out for season,so #52 and the rest of Pitt defense must and I personally think that they will take their game up to playoff type of level. That's exactly the level that any team is going to have to be at in order to make playoffs and actually compete once there. Go Pitt and take it one game at a time , starting with SH. There's nothing like Texas football on Friday nights.

7 hours ago, Pittstrike52 said:

Not calling him a savior or anything,just stated my opinion about the middle bn practically secured by his presence alone. His counterpart is out for season,so #52 and the rest of Pitt defense must and I personally think that they will take their game up to playoff type of level. That's exactly the level that any team is going to have to be at in order to make playoffs and actually compete once there. Go Pitt and take it one game at a time , starting with SH. There's nothing like Texas football on Friday nights.

Good post.  Don’t you think SH is coming into this game with something to prove also?  Look at it from our perspective.  We had a poor showing to open district vs Gilmer, then had to sit out a very winnable game vs LE and then PG.  The Panthers are in a must win to make the playoffs and will be firing on all cylinders Fri.