do you agree with the UIL by them playing all finial games at jerrys world

powerlifter

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Maybe they should keep the games at Jerry world and have 1a on Wednesday 2a on Thursday 3a on Friday and 4a on Saturday.... Can do this because of the late 5a and 6a start

That makes sense. Which is exactly why the UIL won’t consider it. 

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Maybe they should keep the games at Jerry world and have 1a on Wednesday 2a on Thursday 3a on Friday and 4a on Saturday.... Can do this because of the late 5a and 6a start

Big 12 is slated for the 19th of December. 

This topic has been discussed before, and I know almost everyone on this forum likes all the title games being played at Cowboys Stadium. But I have talked to a LOT of fans and coaches of small-division programs who have said that if Houston or San Antonio could get their stadiums up to Dallas standards, or near as possible, they would appreciate being able to also have their championship games on Friday and Saturday so more fans could attend and all the students involved wouldn't miss school.

40 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

if Houston or San Antonio could get their stadiums up to Dallas standards, or near as possible, they would appreciate being able to also have their championship games on Friday and Saturday so more fans could attend and all the students involved wouldn't miss school.

There is absolutely NO WAY Houston or San Antonio can improve their stadiums to Dallas standards without imploding them and building new.  

Marshall played in Houston in 2018. Personally..... I loved the stadium.  It’s a great venue to watch a game.   But it’s nowhere near the level of Dallas.  Just like I think the new stadiums in Los Angeles and Atlanta have apparently one-upped Jerry’sWorld. 

Never been to the Alamodome for a football game.  But I’ve been there for concerts and basketball ..... no comparison to Houston. An echelon lower and not even in the same stratosphere of Dallas.  

But..... as it is.... it’s a good facility.  Just like Houston.   But.  It’s simply not fair to compare them to Arlington. 

To answer the original question......... I was one of those TOTALLY against a single site. I’ve attended almost every one of them in Dallas since.... I was wrong.  It’s fantastic and should have started yeaaaarrrs ago before all the splits.  

JMHO. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

There is absolutely NO WAY Houston or San Antonio can improve their stadiums to Dallas standards without imploding them and building new.  

Marshall played in Houston in 2018. Personally..... I loved the stadium.  It’s a great venue to watch a game.   But it’s nowhere near the level of Dallas.  Just like I think the new stadiums in Los Angeles and Atlanta have apparently one-upped Jerry’sWorld. 

Never been to the Alamodome for a football game.  But I’ve been there for concerts and basketball ..... no comparison to Houston. An echelon lower and not even in the same stratosphere of Dallas.  

But..... as it is.... it’s a good facility.  Just like Houston.   But.  It’s simply not fair to compare them to Arlington. 

To answer the original question......... I was one of those TOTALLY against a single site. I’ve attended almost every one of them in Dallas since.... I was wrong.  It’s fantastic and should have started yeaaaarrrs ago before all the splits.  

JMHO. 

Well, everyone's gotten spoiled to playing at Cowboys Stadium. And it's easy for people who have made it there to say that. But there a lotof fans who have missed out on what in most cases is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their team play in a state championship game because the 1A-3A games are held Thu morning-Fri morning. The ones I've talked to have said they would give up Cowboys stadium for the games to be on Fri nights and Saturdays so they can attend.

14 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Well, everyone's gotten spoiled to playing at Cowboys Stadium. And it's easy for people who have made it there to say that. But there a lotof fans who have missed out on what in most cases is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their team play in a state championship game because the 1A-3A games are held Thu morning-Fri morning. The ones I've talked to have said they would give up Cowboys stadium for the games to be on Fri nights and Saturdays so they can attend.

Save up your vacation/sick time!!!  If it's a once in a lifetime chance, its worth a day off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:19 PM, Grayghost said:

I agree, attendance was down close 100,00 at NRG. The area hotels didn't offer courtesy transportation to stadium because they didn't know about the games. Poor planning and advertising. 

https://texashsfootball.com/22758-2/

I totally agree. Not the same experience at NRG. AT&T Stadium is awesome and they make it such a show for the kids. Once in a lifetime. We have gone every year for the last 7 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Maybe not, have another crew in Frisco and play it on local Fox affiliates across the state while FSSW airs the big schools as usual.

What if I wanna watch the AA game and the 5A game and I don’t like switching channels? 

29 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Then you need two TV’s, 😝!!

Or we could just ask the small schools what they wanna do. 

Hey I have an idea: flip it every year. Go 1A-6A Wednesday through Saturday one year, then the next year, have 6A kick things off on Wednesday and work our way down. It shouldn’t matter to you. Your Bulldogs will still be playing on Friday. 

Come on guys, y'all are missing the biggest element here, MONEY! If they are all held in the same venue on consecutive days, FSSW can broadcast all games live. If they are split, FSSW would have to use more resources, thus less $$ to the UIL. As with anything, money is the driving force here. The fact that Jerry's world is so nice and accommodating is just icing on the cake. 

• Thanks 1