The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They wanted to play for a winning team, I guess!😋

From Kilgore College website: About Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John: Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John was born in 1914 in Hunt, Texas.  He was the third child of Dock and Jenie St. John. He was a c

Kilgore is starting to develop a little balance in their offense; they are starting to realize that the ball can actually be hurled through the atmosphere to another player wearing the same uniform as

Posted Images

Bulldogs

7 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Henderson better play better especially on offense and clean up the discipline unnecessarily penalties. Henderson Defense is lot better . This is a rivalry so I hope for a competitive contest.

Thats correct, Henderson has talent on Defense  very young and needs that spark  on Offense to keep going.

6 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Thats correct, Henderson has talent on Defense  very young and needs that spark  on Offense to keep going.

I just don’t see it. You usually can’t just flip a switch and a viable offense. Athens game was good but yes it was Athens. I am just not that optimistic at all. 

13 hours ago, kildog84 said:

I really think it will be a exciting game . These 2 always play hard against each other and I’ve seen some that kilgore lost and should’ve won and some they won and should’ve lost 

Hopefully so let’s just say I forgot to add a poll. I was surprised a Kilgore poster didn’t start it up. Kilgore has been competitive  this year so I am surprised not much talk. The defense gave up a lot to Chapel Hill but Henderson hasn’t been consistent on offense. 

Something gotta to give both teams have shot themselves in the foot.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Hopefully so let’s just say I forgot to add a poll. I was surprised a Kilgore poster didn’t start it up. Kilgore has been competitive  this year so I am surprised not much talk. The defense gave up a lot to Chapel Hill but Henderson hasn’t been consistent on offense. 

When Kilgore plays well they can beat and/or compete with just about anyone they play and for the most part have done that just about every week ....the Gladewater game should have never happened and the Chapel Hill game was closer than it should have been....Kilgore's biggest problem this year has been special teams....it's literally how Gladewater won (14 pts on kickoff returns)....as far as Chapel Hill game they also, had a 87 yd kickoff return td and 53 yd fumble recovery for td...Kilgore has a very good defense but last week was the first time I have seen our key guys just flat out get beat on a few plays....I'm not sure if they just came out flat n the 2nd half because we had a 28-7 lead..??..or what..???.. but,, they definitely got outplayed in the 2nd half...good part is these guys are very good players that will learn from their mistakes and be ready this week...

Hopefully we can clean up special teams this week. Either way, this rivalry game is usually unpredictable.

Hoping Henderson brings a decent crowd for a good atmosphere. The games this year have been so dull with no visiting band and lack of fan enthusiasm. Almost like watching golf when we played Mabank. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Henderson's defense will keep it low scoring, but the offense is so bad that I don't think they have a chance to win this game...

Unfortunately I agree . I have seen enough for me to pick an upset would be a little far fetched.

45 minutes ago, JR88 said:

Hopefully we can clean up special teams this week. Either way, this rivalry game is usually unpredictable.

Hoping Henderson brings a decent crowd for a good atmosphere. The games this year have been so dull with no visiting band and lack of fan enthusiasm. Almost like watching golf when we played Mabank. 

Well the opponent is good so there is that but not much optimism and yes Covid has destroyed the atmosphere.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:53 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I agree Henderson offense not Consistent enough to beat Kilgore and it's to late for the Coaches to fix that, so I see Kilgore winning but Henderson Defense maybe turn it to a low scoring game with Kilgore still wins it.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:51 AM, JBizzle said:

Kilgore wins a low scoring affair, somewhere around 21-14.

I see it the same way, the scoring I see 21 to 0 Kilgore wins, I don't think Hendersons Offense the way they been playing won't score unless the Defense scores.

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

50067B79-3EBB-4691-8619-257A371A38AA.jpeg

There's no chance to late for the Coaches to fix the Offense, the Defense been playing the Offense, got to have some type of Offense to score more, keep playing like this it be airing up basketball early.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:50 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I just don’t see it. You usually can’t just flip a switch and a viable offense. Athens game was good but yes it was Athens. I am just not that optimistic at all. 

Henderson does have talent on Defense, it just the Offense has problems, if no Offense consistance then there's no team, I believe the Offense could be better if coaches would put them in right places,Hendo needs a quality Offensive coach, the Defense ok just the Offense.