The Smoakhouse Forums

On 10/19/2020 at 8:00 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Henderson's defense will keep it low scoring, but the offense is so bad that I don't think they have a chance to win this game...

I say the same thing, Hendo better hope to beat Chapel Hill or even Mabank.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They wanted to play for a winning team, I guess!😋

From Kilgore College website: About Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John: Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John was born in 1914 in Hunt, Texas.  He was the third child of Dock and Jenie St. John. He was a c

Kilgore is starting to develop a little balance in their offense; they are starting to realize that the ball can actually be hurled through the atmosphere to another player wearing the same uniform as

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Henderson does have talent on Defense, it just the Offense has problems, if no Offense consistance then there's no team, I believe the Offense could be better if coaches would put them in right places,Hendo needs a quality Offensive coach, the Defense ok just the Offense.

Ultimately that’s on the HC if your quote a Defensive  guy , surround yourself with offensive minded coaches. 

27 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

There's no chance to late for the Coaches to fix the Offense, the Defense been playing the Offense, got to have some type of Offense to score more, keep playing like this it be airing up basketball early.

I agree 100% percent 

13 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Question for Kilgore peeps. 

Who was RE St John the man whom the Stadium is named after? Was he a high roller back in the day or important historical figure or something. 

I'm not totally for sure but, I think he was an old coach that went off to war and maybe was killed in the line of duty or something of that nature

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I'm not totally for sure but, I think he was an old coach that went off to war and maybe was killed in the line of duty or something of that nature

From Kilgore College website:

About Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John:

Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John was born in 1914 in Hunt, Texas.  He was the third child of Dock and Jenie St. John. He was a coach at Kilgore High School, but left that position in 1941 to serve his country to join the U.S. Navy in its efforts in World War II. He died a hero's death when the ancient destroyer, the U.S.S. Borle, went down in the Atlantic in November of 1943 after an historic battle with a German submarine.  He lost his life helping rescue his fellow Navymen.  Two plaques are mounted on the entrance to R.E. St. John Memorial Stadium that lists 118 local men who lost their lives during WWII from 1941-45.  (Thanks to Norman Harrell, relative of R.E. St. John, for providing this information)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, JR88 said:

From Kilgore College website:

About Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John:

Richard Earl (R.E.) St. John was born in 1914 in Hunt, Texas.  He was the third child of Dock and Jenie St. John. He was a coach at Kilgore High School, but left that position in 1941 to serve his country to join the U.S. Navy in its efforts in World War II. He died a hero's death when the ancient destroyer, the U.S.S. Borle, went down in the Atlantic in November of 1943 after an historic battle with a German submarine.  He lost his life helping rescue his fellow Navymen.  Two plaques are mounted on the entrance to R.E. St. John Memorial Stadium that lists 118 local men who lost their lives during WWII from 1941-45.  (Thanks to Norman Harrell, relative of R.E. St. John, for providing this information)

Oh ok definitely grateful for his service and sacrifice. Definitely a appropriate person to name the stadium after. Thank you for that information.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

Should have had his name embraced like a symbolic day in Kilgore definitely a street . 

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Kilgore. By a lot; because they can, because it’s Henderson.😜

Too be fair wrong dog . Henderson has a small chance and has gotten the best of them lately. I am no way calling the upset but small chance. Honestly if most likely will take a bad game on their part in order for an upset. Henderson has potential but often not enough or utilized.

7 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Too be fair wrong dog . Henderson has a small chance and has gotten the best of them lately. I am no way calling the upset but small chance. Honestly if most likely will take a bad game on their part in order for an upset. Henderson has potential but often not enough or utilized.

Kilgore is starting to develop a little balance in their offense; they are starting to realize that the ball can actually be hurled through the atmosphere to another player wearing the same uniform as they wear and, if successfully caught, yardage & possibly touchdowns can result! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

When the last time Henderson vs Kilgore only was two pages. This is very disappointing.

Wait til the Game....😂😂😂

35 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You calling the upset?

Not calling it an upset but Henderson has to come out the gate on Offense consistance to beat Kilgore and hasn't been. Defense will keep the score little low but not as high as the Lindale game.

Edited by LionKing12172920
On 10/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Henderson better play better especially on offense and clean up the discipline unnecessarily penalties. Henderson Defense is lot better . This is a rivalry so I hope for a competitive contest.

Kilgore by 21, henderson looks horrible on the offense side of the ball and there secondary on defense is not much better.

• Like 1
On 10/19/2020 at 8:37 AM, JR88 said:

Hopefully we can clean up special teams this week. Either way, this rivalry game is usually unpredictable.

Hoping Henderson brings a decent crowd for a good atmosphere. The games this year have been so dull with no visiting band and lack of fan enthusiasm. Almost like watching golf when we played Mabank. 

Hopefully this rain will move on out and like you said the crowd and the atmosphere hopefully will be there . Especially with the crowd the Rangerettes will be bringing since they are performing at half time . 

1 hour ago, kildog84 said:

Hopefully this rain will move on out and like you said the crowd and the atmosphere hopefully will be there . Especially with the crowd the Rangerettes will be bringing since they are performing at half time . 

Henderson hasn’t had a big crowd to a game yet so I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t many people on the hendo side tn.