Navy Seal Commander Who Got Bin Laden Votes for Biden

BarryLaverty

Definite profile of a man who would have voted for the GOP candidate had there been one running with any character. 😏

'Black lives matter': Navy SEAL who oversaw bin Laden raid says he voted for Joe Biden

David Choi,Ryan Pickrell

• Retired Adm. William McRaven wrote an op-ed article Monday in The Wall Street Journal saying he held certain conservative viewpoints but also believed in ideas like "Black lives matter."

• He wrote that he voted for the Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, because "we need a president for all Americans, not just half of America."

• McRaven has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, who he has accused of harming American values and tearing down US institutions.

Retired Adm. William McRaven, a former US Navy SEAL commander who served as the head of US Special Operations Command, wrote an op-ed article in The Wall Street Journal on Monday in which he said he voted for Joe Biden.

McRaven described himself as a "pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, small-government, strong-defense and a national-anthem-standing conservative" but said the US was no longer a country that set an example of democracy.

While McRaven aligned himself with those conservative ideals, he also said "we need a president for all Americans, not just half of America," adding: "I also believe that black lives matter, that the Dreamers deserve a path to citizenship, that diversity and inclusion are essential to our national success, that education is the great equalizer, that climate change is real and that the First Amendment is the cornerstone of our democracy."

McRaven, who like some other military leaders is outspoken on the importance of international alliances, stressed that the US's influence had been on the decline.

"Now, the world no longer looks up to America," McRaven wrote. "They have been witness to our dismissiveness, our lack of respect and our transactional approach to global issues. They have seen us tear up our treaties, leave our allies on the battlefield and cozy up to despots and dictators."

"They have seen our incompetence in handling the pandemic and the wildfires," McRaven added, referring to the country's handling of the coronavirus pandemic and the record-breaking wildfires. "They have seen us struggle with social injustice. They no longer think we can lead, because they have seen an ineptness and a disdain for civility that is beyond anything in their memory."

McRaven, who did not specifically name President Donald Trump, ended the article by saying "I voted for Joe Biden," the Democratic presidential nominee.

McRaven has been a vocal critic of the president. He has given interviews and written numerous opinion articles expressing great frustration with the policies and practices of Trump and his administration, everything from the president's hostile responses to critics to his targeting of long-standing US institutions.

In 2017, he characterized Trump's repeated criticisms of the media as "the greatest threat to democracy" in his lifetime. The following year, he said Trump had "embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage, and, worst of all, divided us as a nation." In 2019, he wrote an article that said "our republic is under attack from the president," arguing that Trump was harming the "nation's principles."

This year, McRaven sharply criticized the forceful clearing of Lafayette Park in Washington, DC, by law enforcement for a presidential photo op at a church, saying there was "nothing morally right" about what happened. He also called out Trump for his repeated attacks on the US Postal Service, arguing that Trump was undermining not only USPS but every major US institution.

The retired Navy SEAL held numerous leadership positions within the special-operations community during his nearly four decades in the service, including overseeing the successful military raid that killed the Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in 2011. Trump previously criticized McRaven, saying it would have been nice if the US found bin Laden sooner.

After retiring from the Navy in 2014, McRaven went into academia and has written best-selling books on leadership, including "Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life ... and Maybe the World" and "Sea Stories: My Life in Special Operations."

On the subject of leadership, McRaven wrote in Monday's article that "if we remain indifferent to our role in the world, if we retreat from our obligation to our citizens and our allies and if we fail to choose the right leader, then we will pay the highest price for our neglect and shortsightedness."

Well, at least the world can count on one thing. Barry is going to Parrot the MSM and he will always give us an article that proves that someone HATES President Trump, but we all know, that his hatred is the worst. I am sure that Barry needs to seek medical attention for his TDS--but again, every article allows me to provide this site with the needed. 

SSDD--SMFH!!!!!

TDS.jpg

• LOL! 1

Just now, JETT said:

Not true... i don't support either and voting biden 

if you vote for biden, you support what the democratic party stands for......murdering innocent children, upholding rapists and pedophiles as good people.....etc.....there is no hiding from it......a vote for biden clearly shows your support for everything his party stands for.........so tell it to somebody else......

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

if you vote for biden, you support what the democratic party stands for......murdering innocent children, upholding rapists and pedophiles as good people.....etc.....there is no hiding from it......a vote for biden clearly shows your support for everything his party stands for.........so tell it to somebody else......

👌

14 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Well, at least the world can count on one thing. Barry is going to Parrot the MSM and he will always give us an article that proves that someone HATES President Trump, but we all know, that his hatred is the worst. I am sure that Barry needs to seek medical attention for his TDS--but again, every article allows me to provide this site with the needed. 

SSDD--SMFH!!!!!

TDS.jpg

Barry, while I make fun of you and your anti-president hit OP-EDs, at least I can find yours at least once a day. Something for me to look forward too, unless I have to search through pages and pages of articles, because we have some retired guy on here that posts every single story he can find. I mean, let me complain. he posts so many stories in 1 hour, that I couldn't read them in a week. This retired guy doesn't allow for any of us to read an article and comment on it, because we can't get to it fast enough, before another cut and paste link is out there. 

Maybe we should require a 30 minute time limit between each article. If you post a topic at 10 am, you can't post again until 10:30 am. Maybe that would help with all the pages of articles and topics. LOL. 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

Barry, while I make fun of you and your anti-president hit OP-EDs, at least I can find yours at least once a day. Something for me to look forward too, unless I have to search through pages and pages of articles, because we have some retired guy on here that posts every single story he can find. I mean, let me complain. he posts so many stories in 1 hour, that I couldn't read them in a week. This retired guy doesn't allow for any of us to read an article and comment on it, because we can't get to it fast enough, before another cut and paste link is out there. 

Maybe we should require a 30 minute time limit between each article. If you post a topic at 10 am, you can't post again until 10:30 am. Maybe that would help with all the pages of articles and topics. LOL. 

Your slow reading is not my problem......😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Come on you know that not true . Look at the rallies and signs everywhere. 

Go down hwy 14 close to I20 and look at the massive support...

Go thru Hallsville and check out the neighborhoods...

Go thru quitman on lake Quitman and see for yourself...  

Landslide victory my ### @KirtFalcon

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yeah I see countless joe Biden parades and dozen people at his political rally but he well supported. You can’t be this dumb, Jett.

so your saying biden has no voters? :rofl: damn lion you never seem to disappoint 

6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Dude drives around in a #### truck in east Texas, says Biden will win Texas from what he saw. GTFOH lmfao 

starting to sound like lion with your made up thoughts, quote me where i said biden wins Tx, I quoted lion and told him trump needs more than tx and Florida to win... GTFOH talk about reaching... 2 weeks and the shows on yall

Just now, JETT said:

starting to sound like lion with your made up thoughts, quote me where i said biden wins Tx, I quoted lion and told him trump needs more than tx and Florida to win... GTFOH talk about reaching... 2 weeks and the shows on yall

You do have a nice truck.....lol