Center @ Madisonville

Crawford

Week 9  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Center Roughriders
    • Madisonville Mustangs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2020 at 12:30 AM

5-2, 1-1 Roughriders takes on the 3-4, 1-1 Mustangs down in Madisonville. Center is coming off of a win against Shepherd, (56-6). Madisonville is coming off of a lost against Rusk, (29-37). Can't remember the last time Center played Madisonville, if ever. So this could be a interesting match up. 

I didn't know about Horace until the Center vs. Carthage game, but i came away very impressed by him.  He was so incredibly fast AND very tough to bring down.  When Carthage was able to get to him in the backfield before he could get going, they were stopping him.  But if the O-line was able to hold on long enough to let him get moving he was breaking multiple tackles every play it seemed like.  Not to take anything away from Center, but I couldnt help but wonder when I was watching what that kid would do with a top tier offensive line and/or passing game to take some of the load off of him.  

13 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I didn't know about Horace until the Center vs. Carthage game, but i came away very impressed by him.  He was so incredibly fast AND very tough to bring down.  When Carthage was able to get to him in the backfield before he could get going, they were stopping him.  But if the O-line was able to hold on long enough to let him get moving he was breaking multiple tackles every play it seemed like.  Not to take anything away from Center, but I couldnt help but wonder when I was watching what that kid would do with a top tier offensive line and/or passing game to take some of the load off of him.  

I totally agree. He probably would be approaching 2500 yds or more by now if he was on a Carthage like team. Currently he's at 1488 yds, avg 212.6 a game. And that's with coach taking him out early in games. 

52 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I totally agree. He probably would be approaching 2500 yds or more by now if he was on a Carthage like team. Currently he's at 1488 yds, avg 212.6 a game. And that's with coach taking him out early in games. 

Oh I could see it! But still, that is fantastic numbers either way.  He made a fan out of me.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Why wouldn't he?

I think the explanation would be that Surratt has a history of not overworking his backs in non-district games or even district games where they aren't needed to win.  Or if he believes that the passing game needs work, he may throw it 40 times even if the running game is working.  Working toward the end goal keeps the work down on the RB's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

center knows what they have in him no need to wear him out and possibly  risk injury for games that don't really matter work on other weapons to get them better and when it comes down to the games that its win r go home I'm sure he will get plenty of carries 

THIS^^^^^^