DCTF has Shallowater #3

Blazin97

Did y’all see DCTF has Shallowater ranked #3 in 3A?? Somehow they jumped Malakoff after barely beating a  mediocre team. DCTF is usually a pretty decent rankings but this is a joke. There are about 8 teams in region 2 that would beat Shallowater handily, they are not very good 

Guest Tiger03lb

I was surprised to see this as well. Maybe that game was enough to put them over the edge on us. I really don't care about the rankings honestly. It's amusing how some of these polls go. Imo, the dctf computer rankings are better than what they have currently. 

22 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Ehhhh still not sure I buy into that. No reason at all to bump Malakoff until they do something to deserve it which won’t happen 🙃

Glad GW finally got a little respect from them. Never thought I’d be wishing the AP poll was back in control of “official rankings” 

41 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I was surprised to see this as well. Maybe that game was enough to put them over the edge on us. I really don't care about the rankings honestly. It's amusing how some of these polls go. Imo, the dctf computer rankings are better than what they have currently. 

A 44-41 win over Denver City?? Lol 

get outta here. Agreed rankings don’t matter but it’s fun to see where others line you up at 

Yes computer rankings are better than what they have, might as well make MaxPreps the official one 😂

9 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Glad GW finally got a little respect from them. Never thought I’d be wishing the AP poll was back in control of “official rankings” 

Well they look at records and not opponents. I knew when we lost the second game that we would fall. I also knew we were better than we were getting credit for. Our win over 6-1 Kilgore sure looks good right now. 

Guest Tiger03lb
31 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Ehhhh still not sure I buy into that. No reason at all to bump Malakoff until they do something to deserve it which won’t happen 🙃

I'm not buying it either, just trying make sense of it now. Just take us out the top 10. Nothing here to see. 

Guest Tiger03lb
20 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Well they look at records and not opponents. I knew when we lost the second game that we would fall. I also knew we were better than we were getting credit for. Our win over 6-1 Kilgore sure looks good right now. 

Gw should be 4/6 after us 😉

Guest Tiger03lb
31 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

A 44-41 win over Denver City?? Lol 

get outta here. Agreed rankings don’t matter but it’s fun to see where others line you up at 

Yes computer rankings are better than what they have, might as well make MaxPreps the official one 😂

Don't beat me up to bad man. 😂 I was just trying to justify it. 

I'm also not sure why DCTF is so high on Shallowater.  SOS is very weak and results have not been very impressive.  But, unlike a power poll they do somewhat rank by records.  If they feel highly about someone in the preseason and they simply just win, you're not going to see any sort of significant drops.  

I believe they're truly around a top 15-20 team.  Jim Ned is the one to watch out for in region I.  They lost their first game of the season, but have since beat Cisco by 3 scores, upended Hallettsville and handled Wall.  Maybe they can hang with Brock.  If Hallettsville wins that district, they could easily be the favorite to get to state on that side of the bracket. 

3 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Did y’all see DCTF has Shallowater ranked #3 in 3A?? Somehow they jumped Malakoff after barely beating a  mediocre team. DCTF is usually a pretty decent rankings but this is a joke. There are about 8 teams in region 2 that would beat Shallowater handily, they are not very good 

DCTF like the old AP is notorious for ensuring schools from all regions are represented in their top 10 to keep interest up .... this has been their MO forever ....

48 minutes ago, Gsquared said:

Our (S2S) rankings coming out later today has 3D1 

1 Grandview
2 Brock
3 Malakoff
4 Mount Vernon
5 Gladewater
6 Llano
7 Jim Ned
8 Pottsboro
9 Columbus
10 Shallowater

Shallowater shouldnt be number 10. I believe 15-20 range. Denver city game showed me a lot. SOS is not very good to say the least. Tatum or mineola should’ve been there.

11 minutes ago, Eagle921 said:

Shallowater shouldnt be number 10. I believe 15-20 range. Denver city game showed me a lot. SOS is not very good to say the least. Tatum or mineola should’ve been there.

Yep. Mineola barely lost to MV and beat Pottsboro but is not in that top 10? Mineola at 6 amd maybe Tatum at 9?

Guest Tiger03lb
36 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Hey until we beat y’all I’ve got no problem being after y’all. I do think we have a team that is capable of doing just that 👀

👀👀

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I have no problem at all with Tatum not being there, just think there’s a couple teams on there we could beat. Mineola for sure needs to be there. 

I'm just joking. You guys got a solid team. Just have to fix a few things. Definitely got some quick players on there. I think everyone agrees that Minny should be up there. 

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Did Carthage have to forfeit their win over Kilgore ?