LOL: Leftist Woman MELTS DOWN Over Trump Voters

Monte1076

The biggest problem I have with these types of people--is they are NOT really wanting democracy--they are wanting their own rule of laws. Whatever they say. I live by the doctrine that any time you allow the government to take away a single personal right--they will come after more of your rights. 

Think about it. First--took away the right of 18 year old people to drink, moved it to 19--then 21--why, because they were never happy with the results. 

Then they took away the right to choose in your car--you have to wear a seat belt or get a ticket--Now isn't that a government mandate, which lead to the obamacare mandate. Which is not leading to "stay at home" mandates, closing down mandates. Every time we give up a right--the government comes after another one. 

For those leftist that will argue. Yes--seat belts save lives--but at 18--shouldn't I be able to decide if I want to wear a seat belt? Shouldn't I be able to decide if I want a beer? I mean the Constitution says at 18 I can vote, I am considered an adult. And YES, anyone under 18 should be required to wear a seat belt, because they ARE NOT ADULTS yet. 

And for the funnies, you know that mattress tag, you always want to pull off--but can't because someone got a law passed that says it has to stay on. OMG. What is the mattress tag needed for. Someone in the mattress industry, please tell me. LOL. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

The biggest problem I have with these types of people--is they are NOT really wanting democracy--they are wanting their own rule of laws. Whatever they say. I live by the doctrine that any time you allow the government to take away a single personal right--they will come after more of your rights. 

Think about it. First--took away the right of 18 year old people to drink, moved it to 19--then 21--why, because they were never happy with the results. 

Then they took away the right to choose in your car--you have to wear a seat belt or get a ticket--Now isn't that a government mandate, which lead to the obamacare mandate. Which is not leading to "stay at home" mandates, closing down mandates. Every time we give up a right--the government comes after another one. 

For those leftist that will argue. Yes--seat belts save lives--but at 18--shouldn't I be able to decide if I want to wear a seat belt? Shouldn't I be able to decide if I want a beer? I mean the Constitution says at 18 I can vote, I am considered an adult. And YES, anyone under 18 should be required to wear a seat belt, because they ARE NOT ADULTS yet. 

And for the funnies, you know that mattress tag, you always want to pull off--but can't because someone got a law passed that says it has to stay on. OMG. What is the mattress tag needed for. Someone in the mattress industry, please tell me. LOL. 

Yep, & that even happens right here on SDC.... Thought Police; Man, oh Man............

21 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

It's like that "First they came for..." poem that people talk about sometimes. And with regard to the age thing, and drinking at 21, I agree. The problem is, if I understand correctly and have the correct information, that the Feds then threatened to pull state funding if the states didn't do the same. But I agree. It should be 18. If we're adults at 18, we can get legally married, enter into legal contracts, vote, join the military, etc. then why not have the drinking age set at 18? Of course, some may argue that 16 year olds can drive, so why don't we use that as a standard?

As far as seatbelts, again, I would generally agree with you. Wearing a seatbelt in a car is a good idea, and people should do it, but why a law? Is the federal government going to mandate we eat vegetables?

I think that mattress tag thing is a myth. The manufacturers and retailers can't take it off. The consumer can.

I think both of those laws were enacted, because of one simple fact: too many people were being injured terribly, were uninsured, and the burden for medical care was very costly. Seat belts save lives AND tax dollars. Wearing one is for the common good. And, MADD came out strong, pointing out truth that the vast majority of drunk driver accidents and death and injury were for the group between 18 and 21, not to mention binge drinking going on out there. Once the law was changed, then stats fell, to my knowledge. 

22 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I think both of those laws were enacted, because of one simple fact: too many people were being injured terribly, were uninsured, and the burden for medical care was very costly. Seat belts save lives AND tax dollars. Wearing one is for the common good. And, MADD came out strong, pointing out truth that the vast majority of drunk driver accidents and death and injury were for the group between 18 and 21, not to mention binge drinking going on out there. Once the law was changed, then stats fell, to my knowledge. 

You are all about what is for the “common good “ more than personal choice; that is until it comes to murdering infants... very telling & sad fact about you & your ilk.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I don't disagree that seatbelts save lives. But do you feel the government has the ability, on the federal level, to mandate that we eat fruits and/or vegetables at every meal?

And to that end, why not increase the age of being a "legal adult" to 21 (including the voting age)?

4 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't disagree that seatbelts save lives. But do you feel the government has the ability, on the federal level, to mandate that we eat fruits and/or vegetables at every meal?

And to that end, why not increase the age of being a "legal adult" to 21 (including the voting age)?

Younger “adult’s” minds are much more malleable than those of “grown-” men who don’t like being told what to do, would be my guess.

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

While true, the federal government seems to enact laws that "are for the safety" of the people. Yet, each one of these laws listed has taken away a personal right to choose. But you are okay with sending the sons of our nation out to fight wars, but they just can't have a beer? So if an adult can't have a drink at 18--why should they be allowed to vote, get married, or any of the other things an 18 year old can do? Personal rights taken, never to be given back by an overbearing government, and you want to vote for MORE federal laws and regulations. It is becoming a sad world we live in, when people would rather depend upon their national government for their happiness than to go seek it on their own. 

And BTW--I was a strong member of DAMM years ago--Drunks Against Madd Mothers. LOL--now if that don't make you smile, nothing will. LOL. 

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

IMO the legal age of an adult now days is 26...

15 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

But you are okay with sending the sons of our nation out to fight wars, but they just can't have a beer?

I would be all for a compulsory military service training OR an education pathway, before our military personnel should be put into battle situations, so 21 would be an idea time for that, too. 

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

It is a SHAME that the faction of the Constitutional Convention in 1788 that wanted the vote to be given only to property owners didn't win out........

Yep, those white, wealthy landowners should be able to control our country once again, with those nagging women and pesky minorities knowing their place, for sure. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

15 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yep, those white, wealthy landowners should be able to control our country once again, with those nagging women and pesky minorities knowing their place, for sure. 🙄

so there are no BLACK property owners??? Typical racist dimturd.........there are no FEMALE property owners??? Typical sexist dimturd.......:rofl:

50 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I would be all for a compulsory military service training OR an education pathway, before our military personnel should be put into battle situations, so 21 would be an idea time for that, too. 

I actually stated a couple of weeks ago that I am in favor of all 18 year old people, graduating high school having to spend 2 years of active duty and 4 years of reserve duty in the military--I think that could get them disciplined and give ALL people a pathway to an advanced education. So I'll agree on that point.