High school student told to remove Trump flag from wall during virtual class

Monte1076

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

It would depend on what the local policy was, in my opinion. So, if all political shirts or flags or materials were banned, then the student would need to comply. 

In my personal experience, my local district doesn't ban shirts or hats, but doesn't allowing the wearing of flags as capes, which is what some have tried to do. What I do believe is that Trump wear is often displayed to be antagonistic, as everyone seems to want a viral moment too much. You can almost correlate the lack of masks in public places to Trump wear some days, which isn't shocking. 

9 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

It would depend on what the local policy was, in my opinion. So, if all political shirts or flags or materials were banned, then the student would need to comply. 

In my personal experience, my local district doesn't ban shirts or hats, but doesn't allowing the wearing of flags as capes, which is what some have tried to do. What I do believe is that Trump wear is often displayed to be antagonistic, as everyone seems to want a viral moment too much. You can almost correlate the lack of masks in public places to Trump wear some days, which isn't shocking. 

If you were teaching virtually (which you may be, I don't know), would you tell a student they have to take a flag like that down or you would kick them out of a Zoom session?

9 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

If you were teaching virtually (which you may be, I don't know), would you tell a student they have to take a flag like that down or you would kick them out of a Zoom session?

If the rule was to not allow it, then yep, I would kick them out, if they chose not to remove it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't. Pretty simple. 

I can tell you that Zoom rules generally tend to err on the side of distraction-free environments, for what that's worth. 

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

If the rule was to not allow it, then yep, I would kick them out, if they chose not to remove it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't. Pretty simple. 

I can tell you that Zoom rules generally tend to err on the side of distraction-free environments, for what that's worth. 

I don't know that the stories above say for sure. I know one indicated that the district said the teacher made the wrong choice.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't know that the stories above say for sure. I know one indicated that the district said the teacher made the wrong choice.

Let me ask you this, and I am not saying I am correct...there seems to be two groups who are defiant and almost spoiling for a fight in their 'gear' whatever that may be. The first group is Trump supporters, and the second is BLM supporters. I can't tell you in my neck of the woods that Trump supporters seem to have a chip on their shoulder, while those who wear BLM gear are more fearfully making a statement that anything else. What do you think about that? 

1 minute ago, BarryLaverty said:

Let me ask you this, and I am not saying I am correct...there seems to be two groups who are defiant and almost spoiling for a fight in their 'gear' whatever that may be. The first group is Trump supporters, and the second is BLM supporters. I can't tell you in my neck of the woods that Trump supporters seem to have a chip on their shoulder, while those who wear BLM gear are more fearfully making a statement that anything else. What do you think about that? 

I will answer that this way: Perception is reality. Not saying it's right, either, but that could be what it is.

Perception is 90% of what people believe, not the actual truth. 

So, Barry believes that all Trump Supporting Signs, Flags, and hats--are a sign of racism and hate speech--Why do we know this--because daily Barry gets on here and constantly makes remarks about his hatred or he gives us a daily hit OP-ED on the President. So when he starts deflecting and changing the subject, it is because of this hatred. BLM people fearing anything is a joke--especially the ones that riot at every "peaceful" protest. Those people are nothing more than common criminals, trying to get something for nothing--like the democratic party. 

But back to the original statement or question.

If the district policy is that NO political statements can be made--then I also would be following that rule--because my bosses say so. If there is NO policy--then I would never enforce something like that, no matter what my political leanings are. But if my bosses say we are NOT allowing Political Flags in school--then they better not come back and tell me I am wrong for asking a kid to take down their flag--they do that--I'm getting a lawyer and getting some extra money for my retirement. LOL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Trump wear is antagonistic? Really? 

"Trump 2020"- such hostility! Lol

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

So, Barry believes that all Trump Supporting Signs, Flags, and hats--are a sign of racism and hate speech--Why do we know this--because daily Barry gets on here and constantly makes remarks about his hatred or he gives us a daily hit OP-ED on the President

That was cobbled together blather. You ASSumed something, and you know what that did to you, right?  I actually said in my personal experience that those who seem to wear Trump gear also don't have their mask on, get captured on video like the Karens they are screaming at people, and they seem to desperately look to travel in weird little convoys on a regular basis, whether on an ATV or in their bass boat. I didn't say they were racist or hated anyone. You projected that from your own deep subconscious leanings, I am thinking. 

49 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That was cobbled together blather. You ASSumed something, and you know what that did to you, right?  I actually said in my personal experience that those who seem to wear Trump gear also don't have their mask on, get captured on video like the Karens they are screaming at people, and they seem to desperately look to travel in weird little convoys on a regular basis, whether on an ATV or in their bass boat. I didn't say they were racist or hated anyone. You projected that from your own deep subconscious leanings, I am thinking. 

Barry, you're so full of :poop: your eyes are brown. Everyone on here knows exactly how you feel about the President and anyone that supports him. So you can put your ass - Simple English Wiktionaryumptions right where they go--👃

You think that your personal experiences allow you to make generalizations about all Trump supporters. That's a freaking shame--But then again, I am just like you, my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE leads me to believe that all LIBERALS are government TAKERS, and can't handle life without the government TELLING them how to live their life. So, by gosh, I guess I am a lot like you, a know it all, uppity, demigod. 

Must keep this in mind. Tattoo it to my forehead, possibly. | Happy quotes,  Words, Best quotes images

• Thanks 1