Police Brutality Activist Fails Use-of-Force Training

Monte1076

13 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Very interesting. You can be a immediate threat and not armed . Tazed might not been effective but listening to commands is. 

Believe it or not, the show MythBusters showed that with a close enough proximity, someone with a knife is actually more dangerous than someone with a gun. Within about 15 feet, an attacker can get to you quickly.

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Believe it or not, the show MythBusters showed that with a close enough proximity, someone with a knife is actually more dangerous than someone with a gun. Within about 15 feet, an attacker can get to you quickly.

In the training classes I've been through in the past, it was a little farther back than that...21' rule is what was taught to us. Saw video and practical examples and it was shocking to say the least. Google "21 foot rule". 

I've been through multiple practical exercises similar to the one above. It's great training! The simunition rounds HURT pretty bad if you're shot. These Reality Based Training scenarios are definitely eye-opening...especially if a civilian went through it. 

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I am impressed and give him props for actually doing it. That should be respected.

59 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Now if we can get others to do the same...

Yea, I would highly encourage anybody to do this type of training if it's available to you. Properly instructed of course. 

That video is is a few years old. That activist was interviewed afterwards and was definitely singing a different tune, as should be. 

• Like 1