3AD2 Regional Champions

THEHARDWAY

9 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Who do y’all see representing each region? Realistically, not through Homer goggles.

Ive got Canadian, Gunter, Newton, and Franklin. I think Daingerfield is the most talented in Region 3, but can’t get a good feel for them.

I cant argue with the top 4 much but df may make some noise if we fix our issues before its to late

10 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Canadian, Gunter, DF or Waskom, Franklin

Haha I just saw your picks, I didn't intend to copy. I give Waskom the edge at the moment because Daingerfield seems very inconsistent. East Bernard has been the region 4 favorite simply because they have been in a tier of their own. With even caliber Franklin moving into region and being a more offensively balanced (when needed) I think they will hit EB with stuff they aren't accustom to.

25 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

I cant argue with the top 4 much but df may make some noise if we fix our issues before its to late

For our case, I hope you don’t!!! I try to keep up with y’all as much as possible. From the outside looking in it’s either feast or famine! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Haha I just saw your picks, I didn't intend to copy. I give Waskom the edge at the moment because Daingerfield seems very inconsistent. East Bernard has been the region 4 favorite simply because they have been in a tier of their own. With even caliber Franklin moving into region and being a more offensively balanced (when needed) I think they will hit EB with stuff they aren't accustom to.

Haha its all good same reason i picked Waskom. They have been flying under the radar till top 10 rankings came out. I believe we can give EB fits if we get to meet them this year

1 minute ago, hwy35tigers said:

Would have loved to see the Canadian-Spearman game happen. it would have given a lot of clarity as to how dangerous Spearman is to Canadian's Region 1 rule.

I think there is a very good chance we still see it in the playoffs. I also think the Canadian/Childress game will show a lot. Generally, most teams don’t run on Canadian. I believe we held Gunter to 150 yards or so last year, and Darwin Barlow, who is a fine young man, to 120 yards. 

spearman has not shown the ability to consistently pass, so we will see what happens!

17 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Canadian, Gunter , EF or Waskom, EB is the teams I think will emerge. 

You all know me, I'm far from being biased when it comes to EF, I really believe EF has a great shot this yr to win the region, they will have a better chance next yr IMO also.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

lionpride08, what your view on Poth. I can't place them in the Region 4 pecking order. They will probably meet a 13-3a team in the second round, where would you put them vs your district. I think they are better than every team in 14-3a except East Bernard.

They would play on the other side of the bracket and could meet lexington rogers or buffalo in the 2nd round... Over all poth has not played anyone so far this year so cant really size them up but I believe our district Is over all the best in region 4 this year..... Still got some big games in district... Buffalo vs Franklin, Buffalo vs Lexington, Lexington vs Clifton

18 minutes ago, hwy35tigers said:

lionpride08, what your view on Poth. I can't place them in the Region 4 pecking order. They will probably meet a 13-3a team in the second round, where would you put them vs your district. I think they are better than every team in 14-3a except East Bernard.

Poth will play either Buffalo or Rogers in the 2nd round

8 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

Who do y’all see representing each region? Realistically, not through Homer goggles.

Ive got Canadian, Gunter, Newton, and Franklin. I think Daingerfield is the most talented in Region 3, but can’t get a good feel for them.

I will go with Canadian, Gunter, Waskom, and EB.  I do believe for Gunter, Holliday will once again be a solid obstacle in region II.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, Airitout1 said:

It might be just my thoughts but I don't think their is a clear cut favorite to win it all. I wonder if 3a div 2 might be a little down this year. I know you have to be good to win state but the last few years the state champ was clearly dominant.What do you think ?

51 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

It might be just my thoughts but I don't think their is a clear cut favorite to win it all. I wonder if 3a div 2 might be a little down this year. I know you have to be good to win state but the last few years the state champ was clearly dominant.What do you think ?

A Lot of Parity this year. This years Canadian team is better than last years, but who knows. I think you have, in no order, Canadian, Gunter, DF, Newton, Franklin, EB, and dark horses in  Spearman, Waskom, Idalou, and EF. 

it will be a #### shoot come playoffs.

• Like 1