3AD2 Regional Champions

THEHARDWAY

5 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

I don’t see how you can have Waskom over DF without Cole.....with Cole I think it’s a toss up.

It is already a toss up not much difference in point spread, losing Cole will hurt but Marcus was in line for the QB position but Cole just beat him out. Marcus will be getting all  the snaps now and that will help him, I think he was a little jittery coming in like he did in a big game. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Its better being the underdawg for us lol. We aint done to well against those "easy teams" it seems

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

It is already a toss up not much difference in point spread, losing Cole will hurt but Marcus was in line for the QB position but Cole just beat him out. Marcus will be getting all  the snaps now and that will help him, I think he was a little jittery coming in like he did in a big game. 

Gotcha. I new Cole was a stud, and didn’t know what y’all had behind him.

I’ll be curious to see how Canadian’s ranking is after the Childress game. We have quietly been demolishing teams. Averaging 300 passing and 200 through the air this year, with 75% in first half.

2 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Gotcha. I new Cole was a stud, and didn’t know what y’all had behind him.

I’ll be curious to see how Canadian’s ranking is after the Childress game. We have quietly been demolishing teams. Averaging 300 passing and 200 through the air this year, with 75% in first half.

Looks to be a good game but Canadian is still a 21 point favorite according to Pigskin

My swing stat shows how much a team takes their opponents out of their game.  The higher the number, the more the team takes opponents away from their average game.  For example, if team A wins games by 10 points on average, and team B loses to team A by 10 points, then team B's "swing" is zero for that game.  If team B wins that game by 10, then team B's "swing" for that game would be +20 because they beat a team by 10 that is used to winning by 10.  Anyway, here are the top three teams in each region in this swing stat :

REGION I

1 Canadian - +44.8

2 Idalou - +40.3

3 Spearman - +29.7

REGION II

1 Gunter - +30.6

2 Eastland - +20.6

3 Holliday - +15.6

REGION III

1 Waskom - +43.3

2 Newton - +34.0

3 Elysian Fields - +30.5

REGION IV

1 Poth - +54.3

2 East Bernard - +31.4

3 - Franklin - +26.7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Pax said:

My swing stat shows how much a team takes their opponents out of their game.  The higher the number, the more the team takes opponents away from their average game.  For example, if team A wins games by 10 points on average, and team B loses to team A by 10 points, then team B's "swing" is zero for that game.  If team B wins that game by 10, then team B's "swing" for that game would be +20 because they beat a team by 10 that is used to winning by 10.  Anyway, here are the top three teams in each region in this swing stat :

REGION I

1 Canadian - +44.8

2 Idalou - +40.3

3 Spearman - +29.7

REGION II

1 Gunter - +30.6

2 Eastland - +20.6

3 Holliday - +15.6

REGION III

1 Waskom - +43.3

2 Newton - +34.0

3 Elysian Fields - +30.5

REGION IV

1 Poth - +54.3

2 East Bernard - +31.4

3 - Franklin - +26.7

Thanks bud. The knock on Poth is always strength of schedule, but this shows other wise. Very interesting.

8 hours ago, Pax said:

REGION I

1 Canadian - +44.8

2 Idalou - +40.3

3 Spearman - +29.7

REGION II

1 Gunter - +30.6

2 Eastland - +20.6

3 Holliday - +15.6

REGION III

1 Waskom - +43.3

2 Newton - +34.0

3 Elysian Fields - +30.5

REGION IV

1 Poth - +54.3

2 East Bernard - +31.4

3 - Franklin - +26.7

Am I correct in thinking that taking a 15-0 forfeit vs hanging 50+ points on an opponent hurts you in this rating?

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

Am I correct in thinking that taking a 15-0 forfeit vs hanging 50+ points on an opponent hurts you in this rating?

Forfeits are ignored entirely.  However, I have found that sometimes beating a bad opponent 63-0 hurts can hurt you.  If your average swing is otherwise +40 and you play a team that loses by 40 on average, youd have to beat them by 80 to have an average swing game and most teams wont run it up to that point.  Though the impact is small when you've played enough games to average it all out.

11 minutes ago, Pax said:

Forfeits are ignored entirely.  However, I have found that sometimes beating a bad opponent 63-0 hurts can hurt you.  If your average swing is otherwise +40 and you play a team that loses by 40 on average, youd have to beat them by 80 to have an average swing game and most teams wont run it up to that point.  Though the impact is small when you've played enough games to average it all out.

I was told forfeits does affect rankings

22 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

#2 Canadian 63

#8 Childress 13

canadian was balanced with 267 yards passing, and 275 yards rushing. Glad we got to play a tougher opponent before playoffs start. 

(As far as I’m concerned Gunter is number one until proven otherwise.)

Our region seems a lil tougher than expected. Theres 5 or 6 good teams buying for 1 spot

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

Exactly, I'm telling you man, after the first round in region 3, it's a toss up between several teams 

We have been trying to tell yall this lol. Yes West Rusk is in a weak district, yes they went 0-3 to start the season. But EVERY district game could have been 70-100 to single digits. Last night could have easily been the most lopsided game in school history. This team went from infants to men in those first 3 games. Thank you Sabine for #### them off, thank you Malakoff for showing them what they could be, and thank you Mineola for punching them in the mouth and making them hungry for respect. Each loss molded them into a well oiled machine that is now scary and firing on all cylinders. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

#2 Canadian 63

#8 Childress 13

canadian was balanced with 267 yards passing, and 275 yards rushing. Glad we got to play a tougher opponent before playoffs start. 

(As far as I’m concerned Gunter is number one until proven otherwise.)

You guys are averaging a bajillion points a game this year.  If you held me to it, I'd say Canadian is properly ranked ahead of Gunter right now.  Last night was senior night, and I counted 5 or 6 on the entire roster.  We are young.  We are very good, don't get me wrong, and the next few years looks very promising, and I think they make it out of the region, but it will probably end there this year.  Canadian looks to be on a mission, and Gunter is making too many mistakes and consistently doing so - which is expected with the young team they are.  Mistakes they can't afford against a Canadian or Holliday or Eastland.  I think they will need to step it up a notch or two in the playoffs (which they have certainly proven to be able to do) to get past Canadian this year - if they get out of the region.  We will see.

7 hours ago, Pax said:

You guys are averaging a bajillion points a game this year.  If you held me to it, I'd say Canadian is properly ranked ahead of Gunter right now.  Last night was senior night, and I counted 5 or 6 on the entire roster.  We are young.  We are very good, don't get me wrong, and the next few years looks very promising, and I think they make it out of the region, but it will probably end there this year.  Canadian looks to be on a mission, and Gunter is making too many mistakes and consistently doing so - which is expected with the young team they are.  Mistakes they can't afford against a Canadian or Holliday or Eastland.  I think they will need to step it up a notch or two in the playoffs (which they have certainly proven to be able to do) to get past Canadian this year - if they get out of the region.  We will see.

I hear ya. We are opposite. We are senior heavy this year. We will be young next year. We currently only have 8 juniors playing football, and only 3 might start next year. The Freshman and Sophmore classes are loaded though.

7 hours ago, Pax said:

Also, Eastland defense is suspect, but that offense can cause anyone problems.

• 3 weeks later...