Elysian Fields vs Waskom

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Waskom   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Waskom

• Wildcats
    • Jackets

2013 was the year Waskom came into EF with a focus that EF could not match.  The game was over by the end of the first quarter.  If they can channel that intensity this time, it could happen again.  Always a great rivalry in deep East Texas!  Hope both schools come out injury free.

3 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

Hey guys this thread is pretty mediocre so far for what should be an epic showdown for the district championship featuring one of the biggest rivalries in Texas. I feel like it will be a close game in the first half with Waskom pulling away late. 42-26 Wildcats. 

Just pacing myself for later in the week.

After watching some more film on EF I have come to two conclusions.  I believe that Waskom is 2 tds better than EF. That being said, this is a rivalry game and 2 tds isn't much. A couple of turnovers and bad penalties this game could go either way. My second thought is that whoever plays DF first will win that game. Both teams line play is superior to DF and if you have any success containing their qb at all they are done. No matter what happens friday night these teams will meet again in the playoffs. Oh Waskom by 2 tds in both games. 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, TDJ89 said:

I believe our region has this yrs state champion 

Maybe. Canadian is starting to look like the machine they were in 2015. Averaging 299 yards passing and 205 yards rushing. Starters have only played second half in the Iowa Park, and Bushland games. 

3 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

After watching some more film on EF I have come to two conclusions.  I believe that Waskom is 2 tds better than EF. That being said, this is a rivalry game and 2 tds isn't much. A couple of turnovers and bad penalties this game could go either way. My second thought is that whoever plays DF first will win that game. Both teams line play is superior to DF and if you have any success containing their qb at all they are done. No matter what happens friday night these teams will meet again in the playoffs. Oh Waskom by 2 tds in both games. 

That's what I'm hoping for too, regardless of the outcome Friday 

22 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Maybe. Canadian is starting to look like the machine they were in 2015. Averaging 299 yards passing and 205 yards rushing. Starters have only played second half in the Iowa Park, and Bushland games. 

Canadian will most likely come out of the top half again, y'all keep things rolling in Canadian 

51 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Canadian will most likely come out of the top half again, y'all keep things rolling in Canadian 

I hope. Gunter has had our number in the past so who knows. I think last year is different if our QB is not hurt, but that is football. Can’t go back and what if. 
I know I would love to see another Canadian/Gunter matchup in the semis. Two similar programs, with similar philosophies, just different offenses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

I hope. Gunter has had our number in the past so who knows. I think last year is different if our QB is not hurt, but that is football. Can’t go back and what if. 
I know I would love to see another Canadian/Gunter matchup in the semis. Two similar programs, with similar philosophies, just different offenses.

That game will happen again this yr 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, 1WildCat said:

Agree, definitely THE game of the year for our District, and probably one of the better games in the Region.   Been saying for years that EF should abandon the spread and pound the rock with the talent that you have had, looks like you have done that, to some extent.  Don't know if Harleton was practicing their social distancing from the end zone tonight, or our defense turned it up a notch.   Have not seen a Waskom defense this tenacious since the '16 guys.  Pass defense has been steller all season.  All we heard, as usual with the misinformed, was how Harleton was gonna slow us down and hang within a couple of touches with us.   Once again, sorry to disappoint.   As a side note, I was really tickled to see Garrison double up on San Augustine 32-15.  SA loses after talking all that smack to us about not playing, then gets doubled up by a team we hung 50 on.  Back to next Friday.   Would have been nice to have the game moved to a neutral site to accommodate more fans, but heard Coach Ford wasn't budging.   Probably wise move.  Good luck to both teams and good luck to Waskom fans getting tickets.

Wow I missed this post, why would Ford agree to move his home game against his rival to accommodate some fans....HELL NAW LOL....what idiot made this suggestion 

• LOL! 2

8 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

Your delusioal.you do realize we already beat ef,and played a horrible game. Were hitting our stride now. I would love nothing more than to be the team to send yall packing. Take care of your business and you'll get your shot.