Elysian Fields vs Waskom

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Waskom   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Waskom

• Wildcats
    • Jackets

5 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

He had 2 really good runs which is 2 more than Cole tonight I know how good Cole is but like I thought big game with big hits and he got rattled the injury was unfortunate but he was not the QB he been all year against a good Def. 

8 literally scored a TD... Not sure where you get he didnt play well from. Also completed that big pass on 3rd and 18 that was crucial. Go watch the game again. Waskom was a much different team timing wise and play calling wise after the qb change. Im not making excuses in the slightest. Stating a fact is not making an excuse. The truth is EF out played waskom, especially in the first quarter. The settled down on defense the rest of the game but that 1 quarter EF did whatever they wanted. Great playcalling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Say it’s all good like It was a good game just like i said we know how to get to the. Game EF is step child in East TX win state then y’all can talk Tatum Carthage Waskom  we Cream of the crop y’all the black Sticky S*** on the Bottom of the barrel 

21 minutes ago, EF06 said:

Waskom was real mouthy creating 13 pages of thread leading up to this game. What happened to that blow out y'all were suppose to give EF?? Don't blame it on losing the QB because he didn't do anything in the 1st half. Come game time and smoaky got quiet cause Waskom not use to that "L". Now all the excuses are coming out. 😂 EF DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! 

Takes an even bigger person to wait until their team wins to come on here and talk ####. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

8 literally scored a TD... Not sure where you get he didnt play well from. Also completed that big pass on 3rd and 18 that was crucial. Go watch the game again. Waskom was a much different team timing wise and play calling wise after the qb change. Im not making excuses in the slightest. Stating a fact is not making an excuse. The truth is EF out played waskom, especially in the first quarter. The settled down on defense the rest of the game but that 1 quarter EF did whatever they wanted. Great playcalling. 

He doesn’t have a clue about football, he’s a baseball guy. So you might as well quit trying to set him straight. 

All I’m gonna say is instated numerous times in here and the Friday Football app that Waskom was not gonna blow EF out. I also said EF was more physicals than anyone was giving them credit for. I think the players and coaches deserve some credit for being physical. EF was more physical in this game than Waskom. Waskom has a good team and will make a run in the playoffs even with Gonzales as QB if Watson is unable to come back. I hope he heals up and any other kid with injuries so everyone can be 100% for the playoffs. 

• Like 3

Just now, LSUTIGERS said:

He doesn’t have a clue about football, he’s a baseball guy. So you might as well quit trying to set him straight. 

Played in 2 State Championships, All East Texas DL as a junior, all district 2 years in a row and outscored Waskom 118-26 in my few years at EF so come again ! But I do love me some Baseball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

All I’m gonna say is instated numerous times in here and the Friday Football app that Waskom was not gonna blow EF out. I also said EF was more physicals than anyone was giving them credit for. I think the players and coaches deserve some credit for being physical. EF was more physical in this game than Waskom. Waskom has a good team and will make a run in the playoffs even with Gonzales as QB if Watson is unable to come back. I hope he heals up and any other kid with injuries so everyone can be 100% for the playoffs. 

I never thought it would be a blow. It was a exactly the type of game I thought it would be. Hosted we would be the ones on top. Good luck to you guys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Played in 2 State Championships, All East Texas DL as a junior, all district 2 years in a row and outscored Waskom 118-26 in my few years at EF so come again ! But I do love me some Baseball. 

Still doesn’t mean you know football. 

15 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

You one of those recruiter benton boys or nah? 😂

• Grumpy 1

I thought the turning point of the game was when Waskom fumbled the ball on the 4 or 5 yard line. That stopped us from matching EF after they went up 7 or 6 I can't remember. EF then took the ball and drove down the field with ease and went up 14 to 0. Waskom then scored but couldn't stop EF who went up 21-7. Waskom scored again but EF came right back and scored making it 28-14. Losing Cole took away any chance to catch EF even though we did score again with 10 at QB. Waskom defense tighten up in the second half but so did EF. EF will now play PP and Waskom Daingerfield in the second round. Waskom's longevity in the playoffs depend on whether Cole can return and play. Congratulations to EF on the district championship, I wanted it bad but it was not to be.  

• Like 4

Just now, Wild74 said:

I thought the turning point of the game was when Waskom fumbled the ball on the 4 or 5 yard line. That stopped us from matching EF after they went up 7 or 6 I can't remember. EF then took the ball and drove down the field with easy and went up 14 to 0. Waskom then scored but couldn't stop EF who went up 21-7. Waskom scored again but EF came right back and scored making it 28-14. Losing Cole took away any chance to catch EF even though we did score again with 10 at QB. Waskom defense tighten up in the second half but so did EF. EF will now play PP and Waskom Daingerfield in the second round. Waskom's longevity in the playoffs depend on whether Cole can return and play. Congratulations to EF on the district championship, I wanted it bad but it was not to be.  

Looked like a collarbone to me. Possibly a separated shoulder. It definitely was a throwing shoulder injury. 

3 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I thought the turning point of the game was when Waskom fumbled the ball on the 4 or 5 yard line. That stopped us from matching EF after they went up 7 or 6 I can't remember. EF then took the ball and drove down the field with ease and went up 14 to 0. Waskom then scored but couldn't stop EF who went up 21-7. Waskom scored again but EF came right back and scored making it 28-14. Losing Cole took away any chance to catch EF even though we did score again with 10 at QB. Waskom defense tighten up in the second half but so did EF. EF will now play PP and Waskom Daingerfield in the second round. Waskom's longevity in the playoffs depend on whether Cole can return and play. Congratulations to EF on the district championship, I wanted it bad but it was not to be.  

Waskom has to get past Hemphill first...

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

No excuses. Just facts. You believe you could have brought your backup qb into the game down 14 and kept the game within 7. Highly doubt it. 

Elyisian fields

won this game so no need for excuses just get ready for the next game

1 minute ago, Pinball said:

Elyisian fields

won this game so no need for excuses just get ready for the next game

You know, this argument is stupid as hell. It shows an extremely low football IQ when people say this. Nobody is making excuses for the loss. Did you once see me say "waskom would have won but..." That's an excuse. Just talking about what happened when the QB went down is just a fact not an excuse. Only Karen's and soccer moms talk like the way you guys are saying. Anyone that has played the game and understands the game should be able to understand my statement. I'm not saying waskom would have won even with 8 not getting hurt. But it dang sure made a difference in how the offense played which is not an excuse just an observation. 

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yep. There was a very high dropoff in qb play and that set the whole offense back. Very questionable playcalling by waskom as well in the second half. Really didn't like the FG attempt down 2 tds and didn't like that they didn't attack the outside more because it was clear the defense was keying heavily on the mesh point. How big is that fumble from the end of the first half... 

I thought the fumble was huge.   If we scored it would have made it a one score lead for EF with Waskom getting the kickoff in 2nd half.  As it turned out our first possession went for NATA!  I too was surprised we didn't expose the edges more.   Had some really big gains in first half.  The radio announcers for EF were drooling over Waskoms #20. They call a good game.