Elysian Fields vs Waskom

Elysian Fields vs Waskom   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Waskom

• Wildcats
    • Jackets

On 10/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, TDJ89 said:

I believe our region has this yrs state champion 

Maybe. Canadian is starting to look like the machine they were in 2015. Averaging 299 yards passing and 205 yards rushing. Starters have only played second half in the Iowa Park, and Bushland games. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Waskom was real mouthy creating 13 pages of thread leading up to this game. What happened to that blow out y'all were suppose to give EF?? Don't blame it on losing the QB because he didn't do anything

Waskom some sore losers ! 

I thought the turning point of the game was when Waskom fumbled the ball on the 4 or 5 yard line. That stopped us from matching EF after they went up 7 or 6 I can't remember. EF then took the ball and

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

After watching some more film on EF I have come to two conclusions.  I believe that Waskom is 2 tds better than EF. That being said, this is a rivalry game and 2 tds isn't much. A couple of turnovers and bad penalties this game could go either way. My second thought is that whoever plays DF first will win that game. Both teams line play is superior to DF and if you have any success containing their qb at all they are done. No matter what happens friday night these teams will meet again in the playoffs. Oh Waskom by 2 tds in both games. 

That's what I'm hoping for too, regardless of the outcome Friday 

22 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Maybe. Canadian is starting to look like the machine they were in 2015. Averaging 299 yards passing and 205 yards rushing. Starters have only played second half in the Iowa Park, and Bushland games. 

Canadian will most likely come out of the top half again, y'all keep things rolling in Canadian 

51 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Canadian will most likely come out of the top half again, y'all keep things rolling in Canadian 

I hope. Gunter has had our number in the past so who knows. I think last year is different if our QB is not hurt, but that is football. Can’t go back and what if. 
I know I would love to see another Canadian/Gunter matchup in the semis. Two similar programs, with similar philosophies, just different offenses.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

I hope. Gunter has had our number in the past so who knows. I think last year is different if our QB is not hurt, but that is football. Can’t go back and what if. 
I know I would love to see another Canadian/Gunter matchup in the semis. Two similar programs, with similar philosophies, just different offenses.

That game will happen again this yr 

• Like 1
On 10/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, 1WildCat said:

Agree, definitely THE game of the year for our District, and probably one of the better games in the Region.   Been saying for years that EF should abandon the spread and pound the rock with the talent that you have had, looks like you have done that, to some extent.  Don't know if Harleton was practicing their social distancing from the end zone tonight, or our defense turned it up a notch.   Have not seen a Waskom defense this tenacious since the '16 guys.  Pass defense has been steller all season.  All we heard, as usual with the misinformed, was how Harleton was gonna slow us down and hang within a couple of touches with us.   Once again, sorry to disappoint.   As a side note, I was really tickled to see Garrison double up on San Augustine 32-15.  SA loses after talking all that smack to us about not playing, then gets doubled up by a team we hung 50 on.  Back to next Friday.   Would have been nice to have the game moved to a neutral site to accommodate more fans, but heard Coach Ford wasn't budging.   Probably wise move.  Good luck to both teams and good luck to Waskom fans getting tickets.

Wow I missed this post, why would Ford agree to move his home game against his rival to accommodate some fans....HELL NAW LOL....what idiot made this suggestion 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

After watching some more film on EF I have come to two conclusions.  I believe that Waskom is 2 tds better than EF. That being said, this is a rivalry game and 2 tds isn't much. A couple of turnovers and bad penalties this game could go either way. My second thought is that whoever plays DF first will win that game. Both teams line play is superior to DF and if you have any success containing their qb at all they are done. No matter what happens friday night these teams will meet again in the playoffs. Oh Waskom by 2 tds in both games. 

Your delusioal.you do realize we already beat ef,and played a horrible game. Were hitting our stride now. I would love nothing more than to be the team to send yall packing. Take care of your business and you'll get your shot.

41 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

Your delusioal.you do realize we already beat ef,and played a horrible game. Were hitting our stride now. I would love nothing more than to be the team to send yall packing. Take care of your business and you'll get your shot.

Not delusional at all. Ef gave yall that game and Waskom will thump DF if Df can make it that far. DF is soft. Yall come out slow in the first half against waskom they will be running the clock in the second half. 

3 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Wow I missed this post, why would Ford agree to move his home game against his rival to accommodate some fans....HELL NAW LOL....what idiot made this suggestion 

Actually I think Ford did agree but the superintendent and board said no.

This Covid has put a lot of hurt on certain games but Waskom will be fine with the tickets that are allocated. This game will determined 1 and 2 within the district. As of right now if everyone wins out in the first round Waskom and EF will play DF or PP right now DF is the leader in their district and will play the loser of EF/Waskom with PP playing the winner. In order for EF/Waskom to play each other again they would have to play in the regional finals. If that happens there will be plenty of room to set on both sides. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

This Covid has put a lot of hurt on certain games but Waskom will be fine with the tickets that are allocated. This game will determined 1 and 2 within the district. As of right now if everyone wins out in the first round Waskom and EF will play DF or PP right now DF is the leader in their district and will play the loser of EF/Waskom with PP playing the winner. In order for EF/Waskom to play each other again they would have to play in the regional finals. If that happens there will be plenty of room to set on both sides. 

That's what I'm predicting to happen. 

1 hour ago, Wild74 said:

Could you imagine the atmosphere of that game if it happens it would be insane! Have the 2 schools ever met in a game that deep in playoffs? 

13 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Could you imagine the atmosphere of that game if it happens it would be insane! Have the 2 schools ever met in a game that deep in playoffs? 

It would be a fun game, especially if who ever loses this Friday does so in a very close game. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Timboslice79 said:

Not delusional at all. Ef gave yall that game and Waskom will thump DF if Df can make it that far. DF is soft. Yall come out slow in the first half against waskom they will be running the clock in the second half. 

Make it that far first and we will see. I know we will be there. 

57 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

I mean they have literally only played teams with a losing record.and beating their chest lmao. 

5-1 harleton 49-0, that's not the only one. Hell its not just winning.  Its averaging 50 a game a giving up 7. Could be much much worse. Running clock in almost every second half. Its ok you will find out soon enough.