Pottsboro at Mount Vernon

Jeepster89

Pottsboro at Mount Vernon  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got and why?

• Mount Vernon
    • Pottsboro

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2020 at 11:00 PM

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

What was that at the end of the game? Why would they move the chains? And that was on Mt. Vernon’s home field. That was terrible. I think it was a bad spot initially, but what happened after was beyond bad. That was embarrassing, and could’ve cost Mt. Vernon a chance to win the game. 

Yep,chains shouldn't have moved but it was MV's chain crew!!

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

They are definitely “homers”, but that 4th down play sequence was ridiculous. 

I agree!! But if the announcers want to blame somebody for the second loss they might want to blame their defense that couldn't stop Winny last week or Potts tonight.

• Like 1

This game was an instant classic, however, it's impossible to measure for a first down after the chains and down marker have been moved. The chains never should have moved in the first place, but the officials decision to measure after the fact is just baffling! How did they determine the where the original line to gain was? It was based on pure speculation at that point! It was still a great game, I just hate to see a game end like that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

I agree!! But if the announcers want to blame somebody for the second loss they might want to blame their defense that couldn't stop Winny last week or Potts tonight.

Agreed. Can’t put it in the refs hands like that. It’s like a fight, you better get the knockout so you don’t leave it to the judges.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, et_football said:

This game was an instant classic, however, it's impossible to measure for a first down after the chains and down marker have been moved. The chains never should have moved in the first place, but the officials decision to measure after the fact is just baffling! How did they determine the where the original line to gain was? It was based on pure speculation at that point! It was still a great game, I just hate to see a game end like that. 

Agree. I would like to see a replay of the spot. Maybe he had forward progress that put him at the 25, but looked like a pretty generous spot. But regardless what happened after with the chains being moved was bad. Hopefully the chain crew will learn from that. If it’s close don’t move the chains for your home team in that situation. Hesitate as long as you can and make them measure, haha!! Like I said before, you supposed to have a home field “advantage”!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Agree. I would like to see a replay of the spot. Maybe he had forward progress that put him at the 25, but looked like a pretty generous spot. But regardless what happened after with the chains being moved was bad. Hopefully the chain crew will learn from that. If it’s close don’t move the chains for your home team in that situation. Hesitate as long as you can and make them measure, haha!! Like I said before, you supposed to have a home field “advantage”!

Man it looked like to me he didn’t gain an inch. MV blew it up. Absolutely ridiculous to not measure before moving the chains then going back to remeasure where they thought it was. 

23 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Man it looked like to me he didn’t gain an inch. MV blew it up. Absolutely ridiculous to not measure before moving the chains then going back to remeasure where they thought it was. 

It looked the same to me. It was blown up in the backfield. I didn’t like the spot, but would have to see a replay. Good thing for MV is they are still playing good ball after losing 2 in a row. Get in the playoffs and get rolling. I’ve enjoyed watching them play this year. I don’t see why they can’t make a run in the playoffs. Go get it done. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

It looked the same to me. It was blown up in the backfield. I didn’t like the spot, but would have to see a replay. Good thing for MV is they are still playing good ball after losing 2 in a row. Get in the playoffs and get rolling. I’ve enjoyed watching them play this year. I don’t see why they can’t make a run in the playoffs. Go get it done. 

You think they can beat GW in first round?