Week 6: Marshall (2-2) (0-1) Vs. Jacksonville (1-3) (1-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Jacksonville  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Jacksonville in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Jacksonville in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

On 10/26/2020 at 7:23 PM, Mavchamp said:

I’d like to get my hand on the article to find out. 

Posting game articles is my next project. 

One day! 

If there wasn't an article, I would have never believed a score like that myself.

Marshall passed 5-15 for 80 yards.

According to the article, the game was called due to darkness before the 4th quarter so the score could have been much worse.

The game write up is on page 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pi1dghppdgg2ygs/AADaPl_Dcn5HJVskvwZGpjyZa/1926?dl=0&preview=1926-10-30.pdf&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

• Like 1

No shock that the 9th grade team is doing well at (3-1).  They won the district championship last season as 8th graders.  

They will be our next nice crop of strong talent. 

The JV has been a somewhat pleasant surprise too at (2-2).  Both losses to considerably larger 5A Div I schools.   But more of the fact that there are 9 sophomores that are on varsity getting play time instead of playing on JV.  

Cant ignore a 7th grade team that’s (4-1-1) thus far. Their lone loss was a last minute 28-26 loss to Texarkana.  

Good things coming in the future it appears for Mav Nation. 

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

No shock that the 9th grade team is doing well at (3-1).  They won the district championship last season as 8th graders.  

They will be our next nice crop of strong talent. 

The JV has been a somewhat pleasant surprise too at (2-2).  Both losses to considerably larger 5A Div I schools.   But more of the fact that there are 9 sophomores that are on varsity getting play time instead of playing on JV.  

Cant ignore a 7th grade team that’s (4-1-1) thus far. Their lone loss was a last minute 28-26 loss to Texarkana.  

Good things coming in the future it appears for Mav Nation. 

Did the 7th grade team beat PT 7th grade?

Thigh Marshall and pine tree are still at the top. all 3 will win tonight. Next week will be a big one for both Marshall and thigh. and then pine tree will be at grim the following week. 3 way tie for DC? I could see that. I think thigh is a good team, but no way to ignore the fact the teams they have played are struggling this year.   

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think it’s pretty obvious what most of us think of T High and Marshall at this point.

That Texas High has a better left hook?  😂

In all seriousness.....I think everyone in 9-5A is aware that THS is the big dog in this district (numbers wise and otherwise).  

That playoff win in Lufkin last season should have cemented any doubt.  Toss in the # of returning starters and a 4-0 start to the season and there’s really nothing left to discuss.  They are the top team until someone knocks them off. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

In all seriousness.....I think everyone in 9-5A is aware that THS is the big dog in this district (numbers wise and otherwise).  

That playoff win in Lufkin last season should have cemented any doubt.  Toss in the # of returning starters and a 4-0 start to the season and there’s really nothing left to discuss.  They are the top team until someone knocks them off. 

As you said, haha!

4 minutes ago, Aledo said:

Yeah but cant you say by now that Lufkin is not the powerhouse they have been. Feels like it has been that way for several years now. High expectations accompanied by an early exit in the tournament. 

Have you seen Texas High’s post season record for the last decade???

Makes Lufkin’s look pretty dang good. 

I think the Tigers have had 1.... maybe 2 playoff wins in the last decade. 

18 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Have you seen Texas High’s post season record for the last decade???

Makes Lufkin’s look pretty dang good. 

I think the Tigers have had 1.... maybe 2 playoff wins in the last decade. 

Yea I think that was T High's first playoff win since 2008 or something like that.

1-9 playoff record since 2010.  
2-10 since 2009. 

Lufkin’s is considerably better since 2009. 

Marshall’s is 8-9 since 2009 with three region semis appearances in 09, 15, and 18. 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

yes thigh has had terrible playoff record but I think dropping Helps them out. Thigh was D1 at the time but beat Marshall 35-7 in 15 and in 08 when Sulphur won State they beat them 55-21 at home. I do see #s playing a role but the past few years thigh Numbers  have been down. I don’t think they will move back up next realignment. 
and tbh that 1-9 run was due to running into 3 Gred Ward teams and one to Ronald Jones (playing with Tom Brady)  In the first round. But no excuse it’s been bad 

Halftime. 

Marshall leads 21-14. 

Jacksonville would be leading if not for TWO outstanding defensive plays inside the Marshall 3. 

Offense. I have no words. We’re struggling against a bad defense.  

O-line blocking is really struggling.