Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

Based on having seen both teams play my Dawgs .... I would have to give the nod to the Bears ... their offense is more explosive ... they are about even on defense ... I believe the Bears quarterback will be the difference .... he is hands down the best QB in the district .... he can beat you scrambling or through the air if you bow up to stop the running attack .... prediction .... Bears 35 Rams 28 ....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I see a few people referring to past games. Those games don’t mean jack diddley do. In my opinion,if Joaquin can’t slow the tempo of this game down, they’re toast.

You are correct in that the Rams haven’t faced an offense that combines athleticism and tempo the way Timpson does. It’s also a fact that Timpson hasn’t faced a defense like the one they will see Friday. It’s also true that Timpson has not seen a power run offense anything like the Rams run. Like I said, it boils down to which defense can get stops. 

Gilbert will call it like he sees it , timpson comes in playing hard, and very emotional , they will manage to get 2 score before Joaquin settles in and starts imposing their will , by half time Joaquin will be up but barely . Timpson will come out and play very hard the first of the second half but won’t have any luck , Joaquin will manage to keep putting in long drawn out drives , timpson will get very emotional that they can’t move ball any more on offense and can’t make a stop on defense , as the game starts getting out of hand for timpson they will start giving up and falling apart . By the 4th quarter timpsons fair weather fans will turn on them instead of supporting their team . 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 2

19 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Gilbert will call it like he sees it , timpson comes in playing hard, and very emotional , they will manage to get 2 score before Joaquin settles in and starts imposing their will , by half time Joaquin will be up but barely . Timpson will come out and play very hard the first of the second half but won’t have any luck , Joaquin will manage to keep putting in long drawn out drives , timpson will get very emotional that they can’t move ball any more on offense and can’t make a stop on defense , as the game starts getting out of hand for timpson they will start giving up and falling apart . By the 4th quarter timpsons fair weather fans will turn on them instead of supporting their team . 

Basing this off what? 

I don’t think Joaquin will stop Timpsons offense. If Timpson gets rolling, this game could be over at half. I keep hearing about how great there defense is, but they’ve only allowed about 2 points per game less than Timpson. Joaquin has given up 75 points in 8 games as opposed to 100 in 9 games for Timpson. Joaquin has scored 264 points, compared to 479 for Timpson. 

8 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Basing this off what? 

Basing this off of every thing . I call it like I see it . Timpson is extremely over confident . They will get exposed : their fans they only come to support them when they are winning will be bashing them by the 4th qtr. that give up mentality is bred into timpson 

Just now, Gilbert said:

Basing this off of every thing . I call it like I see it . Timpson is extremely over confident . They will get exposed : their fans they only come to support them when they are winning will be bashing them by the 4th qtr. that give up mentality is bred into timpson 

I’ve seen a lot opinion, not facts. I’ve seen Timpson play 4 times this year, and I don’t think your opinion is a fair assessment of this team. Just glad they play the game instead basing outcomes off opinions. 

6 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I’ve seen a lot opinion, not facts. I’ve seen Timpson play 4 times this year, and I don’t think your opinion is a fair assessment of this team. Just glad they play the game instead basing outcomes off opinions. 

I’ve seen both play . Congrats on you seeing them 4 times how many times have you seen Joaquin in person . I know how timpson is . Style match up is all wrong for timpson 

• LOL! 1

Just now, Gilbert said:

I’ve seen both play . Congrats on you seeing them 4 times how many times have you seen Joaquin in person . I know how timpson is . Style match up is all wrong for timpson 

You definitely have me on the point, that I haven’t seen Joaquin in person,. What game did you see Timpson in person?

3 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Compare the scores between common opponents between the two teams, Joaquin is in for a rude awakening Friday.  

Brother scores between common opponents mean nothing . It’s a style match up . And Joaquins style will cause timpson to quit . Timpson is notorious quitters . Their fans are notorious for turning on their team when the going gets tough . Go to a timpson game during a bad season . Might see 12 ppl in the stands 

4 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I don’t think Joaquin will stop Timpsons offense. If Timpson gets rolling, this game could be over at half. I keep hearing about how great there defense is, but they’ve only allowed about 2 points per game less than Timpson. Joaquin has given up 75 points in 8 games as opposed to 100 in 9 games for Timpson. Joaquin has scored 264 points, compared to 479 for Timpson. 

Keep in mind that 3 of the 10 TDs the Rams have given up we’re defensive scores. Timpson has given up a couple of defensive scores as well. The thing that has been impressive is the fact that the Rams have been scored on by an opposing offense TWICE this season. Two of the TDs SA scored were in the fourth quarter with the Ram offense on the field. Garrison scored once in the second half and Beckville scored once in the second half. So the Ram defense gets better as the game goes. A large part of this is defensive adjustments. But keep hating. You probably won’t be here Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Brother scores between common opponents mean nothing . It’s a style match up . And Joaquins style will cause timpson to quit . Timpson is notorious quitters . Their fans are notorious for turning on their team when the going gets tough . Go to a timpson game during a bad season . Might see 12 ppl in the stands 

Don’t take this the wrong way, but bashing the town and people that lives there seems be a common occurrence from some of the Joaquin posters. I’m far more interested in what happens on the field. Basing things off of previous years is about as relevant as comparing scores of like opponents.

5 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but bashing the town and people that lives there seems be a common occurrence from some of the Joaquin posters. I’m far more interested in what happens on the field. Basing things off of previous years is about as relevant as comparing scores of like opponents.

I’m just tellin you the mentality of timpson . It doesn’t change over night and it hasn’t miraculously changed this year . Now comparing scores of common opponents is useless because of the style match up . . You can use this for an example Of style match up  in mma terms . You have 3 fighters . Fighter A , Fighter B , Fighter C ... fighter A knocks out fighter C . Fighter B wins a Split decision against fighter C . So does that mean Fighter A is going to win just because he KO’d fighter C and fighter B didn’t .

1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

I’m just tellin you the mentality of timpson . It doesn’t change over night and it hasn’t miraculously changed this year . Now comparing scores of common opponents is useless because of the style match up . . You can use this for an example Of style match up  in mma terms . You have 3 fighters . Fighter A , Fighter B , Fighter C ... fighter A knocks out fighter C . Fighter B wins a Split decision against fighter C . So does that mean Fighter A is going to win just because he KO’d fighter C and fighter B didn’t .

I full understand how it works. The issue I take is bashing people you do not know based off of the past. I was at the Timpson/ Joaquin game last year and listened to some pretty trashy stuff, so I base the whole community off of the few that I heard? Example; a grown man screaming that he wished they would break the leg of the Timpson QB. I’d rather keep it about the game.

3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I full understand how it works. The issue I take is bashing people you do not know based off of the past. I was at the Timpson/ Joaquin game last year and listened to some pretty trashy stuff, so I base the whole community off of the few that I heard? Example; a grown man screaming that he wished they would break the leg of the Timpson QB. I’d rather keep it about the game.

Brother I know almost the whole community and have for years . The truth hurts . Not bashing just honest 

So Gilbert, what you are saying is Timpson is full of quitters and those quitters grow up to instill their quitter ways in their quitter kids? And then the quitter fair weather fans start bashing coaches etc anytime something less than a super bowel happens? Is this what you are trying to say?