Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

All I’m saying is both Timpson and Joaquin’s whataburger is Overpriced hot garbage 

Joaquin doesn’t have a police force but somehow it’s better than Timpsons (and tenahas) trash a$$ ticket writers.

Timpsons rancho is better than Joaquin’s I think everyone can agree there. 

Don’t need police force when ya got Roy “By God” Cheatwood on the trail of meth heads. ( And yes he has his hands full around these parts)... Timpson Rancho may be better but they don’t have the blanco queso and that’s a shame....

3 hours ago, TheChef said:

So for anyone who was at every Joe game like I was. This  numbers games mean nothing. So many times they got off the gas so they would not embarrass the kids on the other team to the point they wouldn’t come out the next year. It’s called class Joe could have scored ez 500- 550 points on offense this year. So for you who believe in these numbers. I’m sure the bears did the same with a little less class. So I believe This will be a great game this week but don’t bet your chips on these numbers. Every team Groveton, San Augustine, Garrison, where all in the top ten but fail to the slot-T. The difference at Joe is going to hit the RB ,QB hard on every Run and the  corners will shut down the pass game . We will see how long the bears can withstand hit after hard hit. The RB from San Augustine took 3 good hits and did nothing after that he was  scared, laying down on his team. The QB from Garrison did the same thing. So the bears need to put some extra pads on for this one. Joaquin is going to bring the pain. It will be close at half but the rest of the game Joaquin will pound it hard and come out on top by 14. Timpson can not defend the slot-T kinda like Alto. For the kids playing both ways for Timpson the hits come on both sides of the ball. There will be no pass to defend only the run where they will not avoid contact. This is a problem for a RB  or QB who plays both ways double the hard contact. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs. On both teams. 

So at what point did Joaquin pull its starters against Garrison, San Augustine, and Beckville? Your post is nothing but a bunch of BS! Could have scored over 500? That’s 62.5 points a game, running the slot t

1 hour ago, TheChef said:

Trying to tell Em . Any team timpson played with over 200 yard has scored 19+ and that’s not against the slot-T. The pass game will not be relevant. Joe average 250 or better every game . Yes it not the 300-400 timpson been putting up in the run game while running up scores lol against less talented  teams. But I can tell yea. It’s not going to be like that this week. Them boys will need ice all week long after this one. W or L

You obviously haven’t been to any of the Timpson games. Brayden has set out as much in the second half than he’s played. Not sure about Bussey though. About the only other thing coach could have done is put in the cheerleaders.how many games has Joaquin had a running clock? What teams has Joaquin played you think are any better than the ones Timpson played? Maybe beckville

29 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

So at what point did Joaquin pull its starters against Garrison, San Augustine, and Beckville? Your post is nothing but a bunch of BS! Could have scored over 500? That’s 62.5 points a game, running the slot t

They pulled  against 4 teams at halftime or before half time. Groveton, Clarksville, West Harden , Ore City left 30 to 40 points  in all of these games not scored out of respect. Against less talented teams. Not 60+ just because they could. We didn’t pull starter against teams that had talented to come back and win . Who would. And they didn’t pull one kid they pulled the first  string. All five running back and QB line men everyone. So lets explain this is not a 2 pony show . 

1 minute ago, TheChef said:

They pulled  against 4 teams at halftime or before half time. Groveton, Clarksville, West Harden , Ore City left 30 to 40 points  in all of these games not scored out of respect. Against less talented teams. Not 60+ just because they could. We didn’t pull starter against teams that had talented to come back and win . Who would. 

I don’t have exact numbers, but I know Timpson pulled on Frankston, Alto, James Bowie, West Hardin ( kept running clock) and I think SA

18 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I don’t have exact numbers, but I know Timpson pulled on Frankston, Alto, James Bowie, West Hardin ( kept running clock) and I think SA

Frankston ran for 300 yard against Timpson, Shelbyville like 240, Garrison like 215, this is not your spreed run game alto had 175. Do You really think timpson  going to stop 4 backs . The running clock is nice to have but don’t count on that this week. Your men are not going to sit this week if they do it’s because they are out of wind. And need water. Fresh legs will  eat . All night long 

2 minutes ago, TheChef said:

Frankston ran for 300 yard against Timpson, Shelbyville like 240, Garrison like 215, this is not your spreed run game alto had 175. Do your really think timpson  going to stop 4 backs . The running clock is nice to have but don’t count on that this week. Your men are not going to sit this week if they do it’s because they are out of wind. And need water. Fresh legs will  to eat . All night long 

How many kids from Joaquin starts both ways? I see what your saying about the rushing yards, but if they don’t equate to points, they’re just numbers on a stat sheet.

15 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

How many kids from Joaquin starts both ways? I see what your saying about the rushing yards, but if they don’t equate to points, they’re just numbers on a stat sheet.

Numbers for most teams. These teams all of them try to pass and where picked off. On the drives. If they would have just stuck to what was working.  Maybe would have a had a chase to win. With Joe there is no pass in the kids game just grind and grit. That’s what Im telling you the run game has exposed the bears defense. So it will be a long night . They will have to fight for this W. 

Just now, JMS1971 said:

Those games mentioned above didn’t 

This is not your run of the mill spreed run game. To get one maybe two good runners some room to shake and bake. Joe going to hit yea with four maybe five kids that will smash the ball . Going to be a eye opener for one team or the other . 

2 minutes ago, TheChef said:

This is not your run of the mill spreed run game. To get one maybe two good runners some room to shake and bake. Joe going to hit yea with four maybe five kids that will smash the ball . Going to be a eye opener for one team or the other . 

Do you think Beckville,Garrison and SA have a better defense than Timpson. The one thing I do think about is Timpson having two way starters. Does Joaquin have any two way starters?

9 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Did you  not read where we pull all our first string after we are up and let our seconds get some reps. And that will make them ready in case of injury and  I pray there are no injuries for either of our teams 

I agree that actual playing time is way better than just practice. We’ve been doing the same. As you, I pray for no injuries.

27 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Do you think Beckville,Garrison and SA have a better defense than Timpson. The one thing I do think about is Timpson having two way starters. Does Joaquin have any two way starters?

Yes Joe has two way starters. Most small schools do. But the thing is Joe does has 3 to Four that play only one side of the ball that are every talented  at what they do. One lock down corner.that only plays one side . Line men that play defense and not offense. Make a defensive run game that much better when you cant throw the ball like your use two. Makes it hard to get into space as the game gets to half time and beyond. 

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

So Shelbyville and maybe Beckville. Had the best defensive games Joe played all year in my opinion they both had great linebackers. And that’s what it take to have a chance. They will take a lot of hits from the running backs. I believe SA picked up a few fumbles and ran back on use when joe was driving. Only because the backs dropped the balls on contact. Beckville was early in the season so I can’t tell you Joe was clicking at that point. I believe Timspon  will stop one maybe two drivers but Joe will find the week point of the defense at that point when they do every drive will go to the end zone. If timpson becomes a running team only they will be stopped more then they have seen all year. I seen Joe run the same dame play 7 maybe 8 time in a row once they found the week point in Shelbyville. For 10 yards a pop. And they will do it to timpson as well. When they move personal to stop it they will . Brake a big run to the other side where the week point moved to. Timpsons kids know what their up against. And I can tell you 11 men in the box and Joe is still moving that ball is hard on the minds of the defense What do you tell them at half time ? We going to try and get 12 on the field lol 😂 

12 minutes ago, TheChef said:

So Shelbyville and maybe Beckville. Had the best defensive games we played all year in my opinion they both had great linebackers. And that’s what it take to have a chance. They will take a lot of hits from the running backs. I believe SA picked up a few fumbles and ran back on use when we where driving. Only because the backs dropped the balls on contact. Beckville was early in the season so I can’t tell you we was clicking at that point. I believe Timspon  will stop one maybe two drivers but Joe will find the week point of the defense at that point when they do every drive will go to the end zone. If timpson becomes a running team only they will be stopped more then they have seen all year. I seen Joe run the same dame play 7 maybe 8 time in a row once they found the week point in Shelbyville. For 10 yards a pop. And they will do it to timpson as well. When they move personal to stop it they will . Brake a big run to the other side where the week point moved to. Timpsons kids know what their up against. And I can tell you 11 men in the box and Joe is still moving that ball is hard on the minds of the defensive. What do you tell them at half time ? We going to try and get 12 on the field lol 😂 

That sounds great, and will have some success I’m sure. I’m guess that all depends on how well the defense performs. Again, I haven’t seen Joaquin in person this year, but if joes defense doesn’t shut Timpson down, it’s gonna be a long night. If Joaquin puts the ball on the ground like they did against SA, they’re in trouble.

1 minute ago, JMS1971 said:

That sounds great, and will have some success I’m sure. I’m guess that all depends on how well the defense performs. Again, I haven’t seen Joaquin in person this year, but if joes defense doesn’t shut Timpson down, it’s gonna be a long night. If Joaquin puts the ball on the ground like they did against SA, they’re in trouble.

Agreed , I have not seen Timpson personally other then video. But I can say that the pass game will not be as successful as it’s been for them  that what makes this game so different then what they done all year long . Joe holds on to the ball then bet your butt it’s going to be long night and rough game. Both teams will have their hands full. Come Friday night . Best of luck Joaquin by 14 

4 minutes ago, TheChef said:

Agreed , I have not seen Timpson personally other then video. But I can say that the pass game will not be as successful as it’s been for them  that what makes this game so different then what they done all year long . Joe holds on to the ball then bet your butt it’s going to be long night and rough game. Both teams will have their hands full. Come Friday night . Best of luck Joaquin by 14 

No doubt. If Joaquin can keep there offense on the field, Timpson will have a hard time. I don’t think it will play out that way, but I have been wrong before 

22 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I really really hope the Bears are Taking Joaquin more serious than their fans on here. If not any parents reading this may want to invest in dental insurance. Physicality is definitely in the future.

I’m pretty sure the players are taking it seriously. The same applies to Joaquin. If they think it’s gonna be a cakewalk, they may want consider a little insurance of their own.

7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Most the timpson people I know . Came to watch Garrison vs Joaquin . And are basing their prediction from that game . Bad call : that game is not what the real Joaquin looks like . 

So by that logic; if they get beat Friday night, that’s not the real Joaquin either?

4 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

So by that logic; if they get beat Friday night, that’s not the real Joaquin either?

Yes that’s exactly what I said , gtfo clown . How about almost the whole coaching staff being out due to COVID being considered not the real Joaquin . Let’s see how timpson does with only the OC. 

5 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Yes that’s exactly what I said , gtfo clown . How about almost the whole coaching staff being out due to COVID being considered not the real Joaquin . Let’s see how timpson does with only the OC. 

Ok, gotcha