Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

He said five or six years ago, ok let’s start there.2014-no playoffs. 15’- no playoffs, 16’ lost to lovelady bi-district, 17’- lost to centerville bi-district 18’- lost to Carlisle area, 19’- lost to Groveton regionals. Since 2012 Joaquin has only won any playoff games in two years. Sorry ole Timpson got to the quarterfinals a few years ago. I admit we got beat down pretty good by tenaha 59-0 of my memory serves me. My point is; just because you put together a couple of good seasons don’t make you beast to fear. The only one that matters right now is about three days away 

Since 2000 when Gandy came in we have had several trips to the playoffs  how many have managed since then

2 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Since 2000 when Gandy came in we have had several trips to the playoffs  how many have managed since then

I think he’s done ok. I don’t know what Joaquin had done from 2000-06, but from 07-19, 8 trips to the playoffs. 3 bi-district, 2 area, and 1 each regionals,quarter and semifinals.

2 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

He said five or six years ago, ok let’s start there.2014-no playoffs. 15’- no playoffs, 16’ lost to lovelady bi-district, 17’- lost to centerville bi-district 18’- lost to Carlisle area, 19’- lost to Groveton regionals. Since 2012 Joaquin has only won any playoff games in two years. Sorry ole Timpson got to the quarterfinals a few years ago. I admit we got beat down pretty good by tenaha 59-0 of my memory serves me. My point is; just because you put together a couple of good seasons don’t make you beast to fear. The only one that matters right now is about three days away 

Congrats on making it deep in the play offs in small school division  . Then getting blew out by Tenaha. Sorry we been playing big boy ball this whole time . The 2 years jo missed playOffs they where in 3a . Cmon timpson damn sure couldn’t have played with them then . 

7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Congrats on making it deep in the play offs in small school division  . Then getting blew out by Tenaha. Sorry we been playing big boy ball this whole time . The 2 years jo missed playOffs they where in 3a . Cmon timpson damn sure couldn’t have played with them then . 

Joaquin was 2A when we missed the playoffs in ‘14 and ‘15. I believe Timpson missed both of those years as well. Truthfully, the only previous games in this series that mean anything at all this week are the two since the current coaching staffs have been in place. Both were close games. Each game could have easily gone the other way. I see Friday night being another one of those type games. The team that comes up short is going to walk away pointing to 3-4 plays saying “If we make the tackle here” or “If we don’t get this penalty”, we win the game. Both coaching staffs are studying film looking for the matchups that will turn thing in their favor. Both are seeing some matchups they like, and both know they have some weaknesses they need to hide. Regular fans like us probably aren’t going to see those, at least not until they’re put on display Friday night. For the couple of dozen fans that were fortunate enough to get tickets, it’s gonna be a show. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

It’s a new day ole dog...who cares about what happened in the past!  

I honestly believe neither team has been tested this year...Sville was the best team both have faced this far.  Friday night will separate the men from the boys!! Let’s do dis!! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I pretty sure your wrong about the 3a. All you have to do is go to the UIL bracket history. Several of the playoffs Joaquin was 1a

31 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin was 2A when we missed the playoffs in ‘14 and ‘15. I believe Timpson missed both of those years as well. Truthfully, the only previous games in this series that mean anything at all this week are the two since the current coaching staffs have been in place. Both were close games. Each game could have easily gone the other way. I see Friday night being another one of those type games. The team that comes up short is going to walk away pointing to 3-4 plays saying “If we make the tackle here” or “If we don’t get this penalty”, we win the game. Both coaching staffs are studying film looking for the matchups that will turn thing in their favor. Both are seeing some matchups they like, and both know they have some weaknesses they need to hide. Regular fans like us probably aren’t going to see those, at least not until they’re put on display Friday night. For the couple of dozen fans that were fortunate enough to get tickets, it’s gonna be a show. 

I can buy into this

31 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I pretty sure your wrong about the 3a. All you have to do is go to the UIL bracket history. Several of the playoffs Joaquin was 1a

Yea for got about the re alignment . They used to be 1a . But for 2 years moved up to 2a which is now called 3a

16 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I’ll get back to you on that

Timpson went to the playoffs as the 2 seed out of a 2A D1 district after getting blown out by Joaquin in a battle of 8-0 teams at Ram Stadium. They didn’t get in in ‘13. They dropped to Div 2 in 14 (got blown out by Joaquin in non-district in ‘14 and ‘15) and made the playoffs every year since. I believe they advanced to at least the second round all 4 years they were Div 2, including reaching regional finals in ‘17 (lost to state finalists Tenaha). They have made the playoffs both years since they moved back up, and have been one and done. To be fair they drew regional finalists San Augustine (‘18) and Groveton (‘19). Joaquin Head Coach Wade Lawson told me when the Bears moved back up, knowing that Coach T had some good athletes in the pipeline “We have some wars coming with Timpson”. 

1 hour ago, Ramfanforever said:

Ok how many has Timpson been to since o7 and 19

From what I can find, Timpson has 6 since 07.  4 no-district (12’,16’, 18’,19’) 1 area(14’) and 1 quarter final (17’)* got crushed by tenaha 59-0. I do apologize I did miss one for Joaquin back in 13’ bi-district loss to SA. Joaquin had a total from 07’ of 9 appearances 

48 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Joaquin has missed the playoffs 4 times combined. 2010 and ‘11 we got moved up to what was then Class 2A by 3 students. One week after snapshot day our enrollment was back below the cutoff. We got put in a district with Arp, West Rusk and Frankston, all of whom were ranked in the top 10 at some point in the season. Finished in a 3-way tie for 2nd in 2011 and stayed home after the tiebreaker. 3 teams made the playoffs at that time. One and done in 2A playoffs in 2012 (lost in second round by 1 point to Bosqueville with our best athlete playing on a high ankle sprain.) Got in as the 2 seed in ‘13 and lost a shootout to San Augustine. Missed out in ‘14 (Coach Gandy has already announced he was leaving in December), and ‘15 (year one of the Lawson era, in a district with regional finalists Shelbyville, regional semifinalist Beckville along with San Augustine and West Sabine.) Finished second behind Carlisle in ‘16 and lost to returning semifinalist Lovelady in bi-district. Lack of playoff experience really showed in that game. Finished second behind SA in ‘17 and lost by 10 to regional finalists Centerville. Finished second behind Garrison (who I thought should have won the region) in ‘18, blew out West Sabine in round one and lost a shootout to Carlisle. Finished second behind Harleton in ‘19 , blew out Shelbyville, won a WAR with Alto and ran out of gas against Groveton (who eliminated Timpson in round one) in regional semifinals. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin has missed the playoffs 4 times combined. 2010 and ‘11 we got moved up to what was then Class 2A by 3 students. One week after snapshot day our enrollment was back below the cutoff. We got put in a district with Arp, West Rusk and Frankston, all of whom were ranked in the top 10 at some point in the season. Finished in a 3-way tie for 2nd in 2011 and stayed home after the tiebreaker. 3 teams made the playoffs at that time. One and done in 2A playoffs in 2012 (lost in second round by 1 point to Bosqueville with our best athlete playing on a high ankle sprain.) Got in as the 2 seed in ‘13 and lost a shootout to San Augustine. Missed out in ‘14 (Coach Gandy has already announced he was leaving in December), and ‘15 (year one of the Lawson era, in a district with regional finalists Shelbyville, regional semifinalist Beckville along with San Augustine and West Sabine.) Finished second behind Carlisle in ‘16 and lost to returning semifinalist Lovelady in bi-district. Lack of playoff experience really showed in that game. Finished second behind SA in ‘17 and lost by 10 to regional finalists Centerville. Finished second behind Garrison (who I thought should have won the region) in ‘18, blew out West Sabine in round one and lost a shootout to Carlisle. Finished second behind Harleton in ‘19 , blew out Shelbyville, won a WAR with Alto and ran out of gas against Groveton (who eliminated Timpson in round one) in regional semifinals. 

That’s some good info 

11 hours ago, Gilbert said:

From what I hear tickets sold out before 7:30 am this morning 

10 hours ago, Lambo said:

This ticket thing is retarded.

Maybe if they would've had this game at a bigger stadium, more tickets could have been sold.

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Maybe if they would've had this game at a bigger stadium, more tickets could have been sold.

Pretty sure Center and Carthage are both unavailable on Friday night. This game needs to be on Friday. I can promise you this, if it was scheduled for Ram Stadium, it would literally take Noah’s flood to get it moved. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Pretty sure Center and Carthage are both unavailable on Friday night. This game needs to be on Friday. I can promise you this, if it was scheduled for Ram Stadium, it would literally take Noah’s flood to get it moved. 

Nope, Center plays in Jasper Friday. Anyways, good luck to both teams.