Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

A little research....

Timpson opponents records 35% win

wins 20

losses 57

Joaquin opponents records 43% win

wins 16

losses 37

Joaquin played one team with winning record. Timpson has played one team with winning record. For either team to bump their gums about being superior is ridiculous. Timpson has relied on big plays while Joe has a more consistent attack. Which team handles adversity better will decide the winner. Clearly neither team has played any competition to this point. 

• Like 1

I think Shelbyville was the most talented non factor team in district. They are actually pretty good but as usual they can never seem to put it all together. 

Common opponents don't mean much most times but the Rams handled Shelbyville much better than Timpson did. I see this as a pretty good barometer for this game. 

I picked Timpson in the poll but the closer the game gets I'm leaning toward the Rams grinding out a close one. 

This is just an opinion but I'm a bored insomniac and this is the game of the week!! It feels like one of the biggest Shelby County games in a long time. Wish I could be there but my youngest son has commitments at his new school. 

31 minutes ago, SvilleMonkeyMan said:

MONKE thinks Joaquin wins this one. After watching both Timpson relies on big plays. Joaquin is consistent and that will give them the edge

Timpson gets big plays because they have big players makers.  Not because they are lucky every now and then. 

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Seems like both are beneficial from a soft schedule. West Rusk is like that in District so hopefully doesn’t hurt them in the long run . The undefeated records seem like this would be the game to go. Timpson seems to be more impressive based on schedules. I will take the bears.

Soft schedule?

5 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Looking like didn’t really play competitive teams. 

This is probably the toughest 2A Div I district in Texas .... How do you figure it was a soft schedule? ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Timpson gets big plays because they have big players makers.  Not because they are lucky every now and then. 

Anyone can make a big here and there Timpson is just better than most at making those big plays. But personally I think Joe's consistency is what gives em the edge over Timpson

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SvilleMonkeyMan said:

Anyone can make a big here and there Timpson is just better than most at making those big plays. But personally I think Joe's consistency is what gives em the edge over Timpson

Just as the rams are consistent the Bears CONSISTENTLY make big plays, it’s just a normal part of what they do each and every game they’ve played thus far.  We will see Friday if the rams can slow them down and if the bears can combat the rams consistent approach. TBD...

7 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Just as the rams are consistent the Bears CONSISTENTLY make big plays, it’s just a normal part of what they do each and every game they’ve played thus far.  We will see Friday if the rams can slow them down and if the bears can combat the rams consistent approach. TBD...

Timpson definitely has big play talent. But the biggest factor in their previous success has been the sub par opponents. Lots of blown coverages and misalignment. ... I mean when you throw a flare pass to RB in flat and he goes for 70yds that’s more of crappy defense than it is dangerous big play potential. That being said Joe opposition hasn’t been much better. I am very interested to see what each team does when the yards are hard to come by. Which coach will be patient? Which will press the issue and make a mistake and ultimately cost the team a victory.....

34 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Easy to consistently make big plays against , frankston , aLLLLLLLLto, James Bowie, MT enterprise , and west Hardin . Not to mention arguably the worst SA and garrison And Carlisle  teams in the past several years . JS...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMS1971 said:

I wasn’t at the game and don’t know the specifics, but it looked like beckville slowed down that powerhouse offense of Joaquin.

First game of the season with a bunch of 9th and 10th graders in the back field against a good team what you Expect . Least they care away with a w. They would beat a team like frankston by 70

3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I wasn’t at the game and don’t know the specifics, but it looked like beckville slowed down that powerhouse offense of Joaquin.

Matter of fact how are you gonna allow a team like  frankston to hang 24 points on you 

29 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Didn’t have two Offensive linemen so Evbody shifted and was playing out of position 

46 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Matter of fact how are you gonna allow a team like  frankston to hang 24 points on you 

Because Frankston ran for 300 yards that night . 🧐 facts  the run defense is suspect at Timpson. Friday night will be a great game. Only one team gets the W the other teams takes the L and the feeling to redeem them self in the playoffs. Ether way both squads should be proud of the season they put together at this Point. Go Rams 

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

First game of the season with a bunch of 9th and 10th graders in the back field against a good team what you Expect . Least they care away with a w. They would beat a team like frankston by 70

Not If they fumble 13 times 😂 fumbalina, el fumblers, fumblefingers, fumblemafia 

#ramscanthangontotheball 😂

The Old ground and pound vs speed again. Happened many a times. Friday we will see who gets the W. Variables are if Joaquin can handle the speed enough to contain it and If timpson can consistently read guards to opposite back and close up the gaps. Gonna be a goodun. 

3 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

The Old ground and pound vs speed again. Happened many a times. Friday we will see who gets the W. Variables are if Joaquin can handle the speed enough to contain it and If timpson can consistently read guards to opposite back and close up the gaps. Gonna be a goodun. 

Amen