Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You might be talking to someone who can go toe-to-toe with you. Just sayin 

I don’t wanna do it 😂😂 I’m really happy for Timpson. I know it’s a Courtney though. People win and people lose it happens. But to think I’m not gonna show up? Lemme tell ya I could get beat up on national tv and talk as soon as I wake up.

43 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

Ok........if there was no turnovers this still is a butt whoopin. Take the 63-0 beat down and move on. Hate excuses.  Courtney had more yards in the first quarter than the Joaquin offense had all night!!  But he wasn’t gonna be able to take the hits.......Looked to me like he was dishing them out. And the freshman wasn’t gonna do anything either. Come on man!

Gotta give a lot of credit to DC Patrick Gandy (JHS Class of ‘08). Looks like he put together a pretty good game plan. Getting stops and creating turnovers led to our defense being on the field way too much. Bears have too many weapons to allow them to control time of possession the way they did. Y’all defense made that happen. 

My main thing is I had zero to do with this game except school pride. All my brothers are gone. All my cousins are gone. All the kids I coached... Gone. I hopped on here to get involved in the talk and Mr.big toughmctoughy thought he ran me off. I’ll be here when Joaquin gets beat 63-0 and I’ll be here when Joaquin wins by 63. 

Didn't see that coming! Good luck to both teams going forward. Maybe one can take Refugio out? 

I despise the monopoly teams like Refugio and Mart have. I know somebody will tell me how great they are and how it's just in their blood. . . Well,that is pure 💩

Rant over. . And congrats to the Bears. They have put a lot into their programs all the way down through the youth for a while now and its paying off in all sports. They will make noise for a while I think. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Didn't see that coming! Good luck to both teams going forward. Maybe one can take Refugio out? 

I despise the monopoly teams like Refugio and Mart have. I know somebody will tell me how great they are and how it's just in their blood. . . Well,that is pure 💩

Rant over. . And congrats to the Bears. They have put a lot into their programs all the way down through the youth for a while now and its paying off in all sports. They will make noise for a while I think. 

Very very well said! I think everyone is happy for the bears

• Like 1

Until district 9 gets their games played next week we don’t technically have a playoff game to make a thread on. And since it’s #2020 there’s no telling what kind of crazy upsets might happen over there that would wreck any projections we make. We ran into a buzzsaw last night. Timpson has an outstanding team and played at the top of their game. We obviously did not. But I know this about our kids and our coaches: they won’t waste a defeat. I can guarantee they’re breaking down film right now trying to find ways to fix everything that went wrong. It’s worth mentioning that the last time the Rams lost consecutive games was the playoff loss in ‘16 to Lovelady followed by the season opener in ‘17 to Tenaha. The last time we lost back-to-back in the same season was West Sabine and San Augustine in ‘15. We’ll be fine. We will move all playoff scenario discussion to the District 10 thread. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

👍

I ain’t..... As a fan of the Rams I’m only happy if we win. Now best of luck to Timpson. They won and deserve the district championship but I don’t a shizz if they win another game against Joe. I don’t believe or coach for moral victories. And I ain’t happy if the opponent has been in the dumpster for years and finally make their way out every 10yrs or so. I wanna keep em their...... But I’m just old school. You play to win the game. If ya ain’t first you’re last..... And any other cliche ya wanna throw in there. I refuse to settle for mediocrity 

6 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

I ain’t..... As a fan of the Rams I’m only happy if we win. Now best of luck to Timpson. They won and deserve the district championship but I don’t a shizz if they win another game against Joe. I don’t believe or coach for moral victories. And I ain’t happy if the opponent has been in the dumpster for years and finally make their way out every 10yrs or so. I wanna keep em their...... But I’m just old school. You play to win the game. If ya ain’t first you’re last..... And any other cliche ya wanna throw in there. I refuse to settle for mediocrity 

Salty huh? You’ll get the same result next year and maybe again this year from the bears lol 

• LOL! 2

11 hours ago, Lambo said:

I know you ain’t talkin to me 😂😂 I’ll be here talkin regardless. It’s not like I lost to Timpson. I was in Shreveport with my wife and kids doin an escape room. I’ll also be here in a year or 2 when all the timpson people are gone. I’ll talk your ear off while I’m gettin beat. 

Are those escape rooms worth the price of admission? I’ve always wanted to check one out 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Salty huh? You’ll get the same result next year and maybe again this year from the bears lol 

Timpson has been getting incredibly athletic players for years...now they have a great coach to boot. I certainly expect the Bears to be good as long as Therwanger is there 

• Like 1

I tuned out after the first score of the second half. Someone asked me what I thought happened to Joaquin tonight and I told them simply they ran into a better football team that also wanted it more. I think ultimately this will be a lot of fuel for the fire for Joe over the off season. That loss ain’t gonna sit well. That was a massacre. Joaquin ain’t been beer like that since......the 90s 😂 Flashbacks!

Congrats on the wood shedding Timpson. Didn’t quite see you equaling your largest margin of victory on the season against an opponent of that caliber. Enjoy the ride and I hope it leads you to Arlington. As for Joaquin, I feel you guys will bounce back and do your share of damage. Good luck going forward. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Yep..... If ain’t salty or pizzed after that performance then I don’t want ya on my team. If ya comfortable or satisfied with getting ya #### beat then ya need to go somewhere else like Tenaha. Timpson showed evbody there’s a gap between them and the rest of the district. Intensity and will to win wasn’t matched by Joe and see what the results are

42 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Yep..... If ain’t salty or pizzed after that performance then I don’t want ya on my team. If ya comfortable or satisfied with getting ya #### beat then ya need to go somewhere else like Tenaha. Timpson showed evbody there’s a gap between them and the rest of the district. Intensity and will to win wasn’t matched by Joe and see what the results are

👍👍

12 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Do the only thing ya can do.... And what these boys only know how to.... You lace em up and pull chin strap tight and go back to work. Never known these boys to ever quit and it won’t start now. Go ahead and gloat and get ya cheap shots in peeps.... We all know how the schedules were made and who dodged who this year. Pretty simple.... Joe got whipped. Timpson is good. Practice the next couple weeks will pick up in intensity and I’d be willing to bet this is a valuable lesson learned by all involved.... Sometimes the best way to learn the fire is hot is to get burned.... Tonight Joe saw what true intensity and will to win looks like. And if you don’t match it then it will get embarrassing real quick 

This....

Also, congrats to the Bears... I presume they will go deep if not to Arlington.... and the Rams will regroup and will not be going away quickly... the turnovers will exponentially do you in quickly.... 1st quarter even.

The post above is how all state champions get it done... because when you get 3 or 4 rounds deep... everyone has talent to get it done.

• Like 1