Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)


District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

  1. 1. Rams or Bears?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a van, down by the river.   

Thanks to the Timpson fan who made that awesome Facebook post about West Hardin's kids......

I’m not from Timpson but I have a kid on the team.  All the talk about getting hit in the mouth and quit is complete nonsense. I’m a firm believer in letting your play do the talking. Who gives a ####

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Image may contain: text that says 'Timpson Bears District 10 2020 Record: (9-0)(4-0) SCHEDULE Opponent 8/28 Frankston 9/4 9/11 Score 68-24) Joaquin Rams District 2A 10 Record: (8-0)(4-0) Mount Enterprise Price Carlisle 9/25 VS Simms Shelbyville at Garrison 2020 SCHEDULE Date Opponent Pick 8/28 Beckville 28 9/4 Elysian Fields 9/11 Groveton Score aι Saratoga West Hardin -13 John Herbert Eakin Stadium 10/30 7:00 PM Clarksville 41-0) (W63-0) 2020 STATS Rating: 144.45 a Augustine V3 Saratoga West Hardin 10/23 Shelbyville 10/30 JERRY'S SCORE PREDICTION (11) W46-0) (W32-14) 409) O'all:( #1 Prnts STATS Current Rating: Allowed-O'all: 114) Shakers-State: Shakers-Oal: 1200) MOV: Pnts Scored-ST Pnts MOV-St: 279) Shakers-State:'

So for anyone who was at every Joe game like I was. This  numbers games mean nothing. So many times they got off the gas so they would not embarrass the kids on the other team to the point they wouldn’t come out the next year. It’s called class Joe could have scored ez 500- 550 points on offense this year. So for you who believe in these numbers. I’m sure the bears did the same with a little less class. So I believe This will be a great game this week but don’t bet your chips on these numbers. Every team Groveton, San Augustine, Garrison, where all in the top ten but fail to the slot-T. The difference at Joe is going to hit the RB ,QB hard on every Run and the  corners will shut down the pass game . We will see how long the bears can withstand hit after hard hit. The RB from San Augustine took 3 good hits and did nothing after that he was  scared, laying down on his team. The QB from Garrison did the same thing. So the bears need to put some extra pads on for this one. Joaquin is going to bring the pain. It will be close at half but the rest of the game Joaquin will pound it hard and come out on top by 14. Timpson can not defend the slot-T kinda like Alto. For the kids playing both ways for Timpson the hits come on both sides of the ball. There will be no pass to defend only the run where they will not avoid contact. This is a problem for a RB  or QB who plays both ways double the hard contact. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs. On both teams. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheChef said:

So for anyone who was at every Joe game like I was. This  numbers games mean nothing. So many times they got off the gas so they would not embarrass the kids on the other team to the point they wouldn’t come out the next year. It’s called class Joe could have scored ez 500- 550 points on offense this year. So for you who believe in these numbers. I’m sure the bears did the same with a little less class. So I believe This will be a great game this week but don’t bet your chips on these numbers. Every team Groveton, San Augustine, Garrison, where all in the top ten but fail to the slot-T. The difference at Joe is going to hit the RB ,QB hard on every Run and the  corners will shut down the pass game . We will see how long the bears can withstand hit after hard hit. The RB from San Augustine took 3 good hits and did nothing after that he was  scared, laying down on his team. The QB from Garrison did the same thing. So the bears need to put some extra pads on for this one. Joaquin is going to bring the pain. It will be close at half but the rest of the game Joaquin will pound it hard and come out on top by 14. Timpson can not defend the slot-T kinda like Alto. For the kids playing both ways for Timpson the hits come on both sides of the ball. There will be no pass to defend only the run where they will not avoid contact. This is a problem for a RB  or QB who plays both ways double the hard contact. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs. On both teams. 

We shall see.  You might as well sign up for one of those therapy sessions with trueblue.  Y’all will not be able to hang with Timpson’s offense....PERIOD!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

We shall see.  You might as well sign up for one of those therapy sessions with trueblue.  Y’all will not be able to hang with Timpson’s offense....PERIOD!! 

Heard that Bout a few different teams this season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bear9T1 said:

It will be proven Friday that the bears won’t be slowed down by lil o Joaquin 

We have heard that from several teams over the years . Ask em how it went 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

It will be proven Friday that the bears won’t be slowed down by lil o Joaquin 

Joe has the best secondary that I have ever seen them have and I firmly believe the Timpson passing game will be shut down early, forcing them to feed Courtney and Bussey every play, who will ultimately break a few big ones, but will eventually get tired from taking a beating on both sides of the ball. Courtney will be forced to make tackles every play on Defense because of Joe's offense, and will be fed the ball almost every play because of Joe's secondary. In my opinion, it's overall just a bad matchup for Timpson style wise. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, Unashamed said:

Joaquin has 3 playoff wins in the past 10 years and all of a sudden it's like yall invented physical football.   I laugh.  I laugh in yo face.  

I’ll quote Bubba Courtney, “Joaquin is the hardest hitting team I ever played in high school.” 
His kinfolk is bout to find that out Friday as well. Joe might not have a ton of playoff wins but Joe has also had a ton of suuuuper undersized teams. A few years ago the average height of everyone was I swear 5’2” 😂 

Joe will knock the dust off that a$$ if you ain’t ready 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, firebreathingreptilian said:

Joe has the best secondary that I have ever seen them have and I firmly believe the Timpson passing game will be shut down early, forcing them to feed Courtney and Bussey every play, who will ultimately break a few big ones, but will eventually get tired from taking a beating on both sides of the ball. Courtney will be forced to make tackles every play on Defense because of Joe's offense, and will be fed the ball almost every play because of Joe's secondary. In my opinion, it's overall just a bad matchup for Timpson style wise. 

Trying to tell Em . Any team timpson played with over 200 yard has scored 19+ and that’s not against the slot-T. The pass game will not be relevant. Joe average 250 or better every game . Yes it not the 300-400 timpson been putting up in the run game while running up scores lol against less talented  teams. But I can tell yea. It’s not going to be like that this week. Them boys will need ice all week long after this one. W or L

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I’m saying is both Timpson and Joaquin’s whataburger is Overpriced hot garbage 

Joaquin doesn’t have a police force but somehow it’s better than Timpsons (and tenahas) trash a$$ ticket writers.
 

Timpsons rancho is better than Joaquin’s I think everyone can agree there. 



 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

All I’m saying is both Timpson and Joaquin’s whataburger is Overpriced hot garbage 

Joaquin doesn’t have a police force but somehow it’s better than Timpsons (and tenahas) trash a$$ ticket writers.
 

Timpsons rancho is better than Joaquin’s I think everyone can agree there. 



 

 

Don’t need police force when ya got Roy “By God” Cheatwood on the trail of meth heads. ( And yes he has his hands full around these parts)... Timpson Rancho may be better but they don’t have the blanco queso and that’s a shame....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheChef said:

So for anyone who was at every Joe game like I was. This  numbers games mean nothing. So many times they got off the gas so they would not embarrass the kids on the other team to the point they wouldn’t come out the next year. It’s called class Joe could have scored ez 500- 550 points on offense this year. So for you who believe in these numbers. I’m sure the bears did the same with a little less class. So I believe This will be a great game this week but don’t bet your chips on these numbers. Every team Groveton, San Augustine, Garrison, where all in the top ten but fail to the slot-T. The difference at Joe is going to hit the RB ,QB hard on every Run and the  corners will shut down the pass game . We will see how long the bears can withstand hit after hard hit. The RB from San Augustine took 3 good hits and did nothing after that he was  scared, laying down on his team. The QB from Garrison did the same thing. So the bears need to put some extra pads on for this one. Joaquin is going to bring the pain. It will be close at half but the rest of the game Joaquin will pound it hard and come out on top by 14. Timpson can not defend the slot-T kinda like Alto. For the kids playing both ways for Timpson the hits come on both sides of the ball. There will be no pass to defend only the run where they will not avoid contact. This is a problem for a RB  or QB who plays both ways double the hard contact. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs. On both teams. 

So at what point did Joaquin pull its starters against Garrison, San Augustine, and Beckville? Your post is nothing but a bunch of BS! Could have scored over 500? That’s 62.5 points a game, running the slot t

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheChef said:

Trying to tell Em . Any team timpson played with over 200 yard has scored 19+ and that’s not against the slot-T. The pass game will not be relevant. Joe average 250 or better every game . Yes it not the 300-400 timpson been putting up in the run game while running up scores lol against less talented  teams. But I can tell yea. It’s not going to be like that this week. Them boys will need ice all week long after this one. W or L

You obviously haven’t been to any of the Timpson games. Brayden has set out as much in the second half than he’s played. Not sure about Bussey though. About the only other thing coach could have done is put in the cheerleaders.how many games has Joaquin had a running clock? What teams has Joaquin played you think are any better than the ones Timpson played? Maybe beckville

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

So at what point did Joaquin pull its starters against Garrison, San Augustine, and Beckville? Your post is nothing but a bunch of BS! Could have scored over 500? That’s 62.5 points a game, running the slot t

They pulled  against 4 teams at halftime or before half time. Groveton, Clarksville, West Harden , Ore City left 30 to 40 points  in all of these games not scored out of respect. Against less talented teams. Not 60+ just because they could. We didn’t pull starter against teams that had talented to come back and win . Who would. And they didn’t pull one kid they pulled the first  string. All five running back and QB line men everyone. So lets explain this is not a 2 pony show . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheChef said:

They pulled  against 4 teams at halftime or before half time. Groveton, Clarksville, West Harden , Ore City left 30 to 40 points  in all of these games not scored out of respect. Against less talented teams. Not 60+ just because they could. We didn’t pull starter against teams that had talented to come back and win . Who would. 

I don’t have exact numbers, but I know Timpson pulled on Frankston, Alto, James Bowie, West Hardin ( kept running clock) and I think SA

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I don’t have exact numbers, but I know Timpson pulled on Frankston, Alto, James Bowie, West Hardin ( kept running clock) and I think SA

Frankston ran for 300 yard against Timpson, Shelbyville like 240, Garrison like 215, this is not your spreed run game alto had 175. Do You really think timpson  going to stop 4 backs . The running clock is nice to have but don’t count on that this week. Your men are not going to sit this week if they do it’s because they are out of wind. And need water. Fresh legs will  eat . All night long 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheChef said:

Frankston ran for 300 yard against Timpson, Shelbyville like 240, Garrison like 215, this is not your spreed run game alto had 175. Do your really think timpson  going to stop 4 backs . The running clock is nice to have but don’t count on that this week. Your men are not going to sit this week if they do it’s because they are out of wind. And need water. Fresh legs will  to eat . All night long 

How many kids from Joaquin starts both ways? I see what your saying about the rushing yards, but if they don’t equate to points, they’re just numbers on a stat sheet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...