The Smoakhouse Forums

Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

How many kids from Joaquin starts both ways? I see what your saying about the rushing yards, but if they don’t equate to points, they’re just numbers on a stat sheet.

Numbers for most teams. These teams all of them try to pass and where picked off. On the drives. If they would have just stuck to what was working.  Maybe would have a had a chase to win. With Joe there is no pass in the kids game just grind and grit. That’s what Im telling you the run game has exposed the bears defense. So it will be a long night . They will have to fight for this W. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a van, down by the river.   

Thanks to the Timpson fan who made that awesome Facebook post about West Hardin's kids......

I’m not from Timpson but I have a kid on the team.  All the talk about getting hit in the mouth and quit is complete nonsense. I’m a firm believer in letting your play do the talking. Who gives a ####

Posted Images

Just now, JMS1971 said:

Those games mentioned above didn’t 

This is not your run of the mill spreed run game. To get one maybe two good runners some room to shake and bake. Joe going to hit yea with four maybe five kids that will smash the ball . Going to be a eye opener for one team or the other . 

2 minutes ago, TheChef said:

This is not your run of the mill spreed run game. To get one maybe two good runners some room to shake and bake. Joe going to hit yea with four maybe five kids that will smash the ball . Going to be a eye opener for one team or the other . 

Do you think Beckville,Garrison and SA have a better defense than Timpson. The one thing I do think about is Timpson having two way starters. Does Joaquin have any two way starters?

9 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Did you  not read where we pull all our first string after we are up and let our seconds get some reps. And that will make them ready in case of injury and  I pray there are no injuries for either of our teams 

I agree that actual playing time is way better than just practice. We’ve been doing the same. As you, I pray for no injuries.

27 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

Do you think Beckville,Garrison and SA have a better defense than Timpson. The one thing I do think about is Timpson having two way starters. Does Joaquin have any two way starters?

Yes Joe has two way starters. Most small schools do. But the thing is Joe does has 3 to Four that play only one side of the ball that are every talented  at what they do. One lock down corner.that only plays one side . Line men that play defense and not offense. Make a defensive run game that much better when you cant throw the ball like your use two. Makes it hard to get into space as the game gets to half time and beyond. 

1 hour ago, JMS1971 said:

So Shelbyville and maybe Beckville. Had the best defensive games Joe played all year in my opinion they both had great linebackers. And that’s what it take to have a chance. They will take a lot of hits from the running backs. I believe SA picked up a few fumbles and ran back on use when joe was driving. Only because the backs dropped the balls on contact. Beckville was early in the season so I can’t tell you Joe was clicking at that point. I believe Timspon  will stop one maybe two drivers but Joe will find the week point of the defense at that point when they do every drive will go to the end zone. If timpson becomes a running team only they will be stopped more then they have seen all year. I seen Joe run the same dame play 7 maybe 8 time in a row once they found the week point in Shelbyville. For 10 yards a pop. And they will do it to timpson as well. When they move personal to stop it they will . Brake a big run to the other side where the week point moved to. Timpsons kids know what their up against. And I can tell you 11 men in the box and Joe is still moving that ball is hard on the minds of the defense What do you tell them at half time ? We going to try and get 12 on the field lol 😂 

12 minutes ago, TheChef said:

So Shelbyville and maybe Beckville. Had the best defensive games we played all year in my opinion they both had great linebackers. And that’s what it take to have a chance. They will take a lot of hits from the running backs. I believe SA picked up a few fumbles and ran back on use when we where driving. Only because the backs dropped the balls on contact. Beckville was early in the season so I can’t tell you we was clicking at that point. I believe Timspon  will stop one maybe two drivers but Joe will find the week point of the defense at that point when they do every drive will go to the end zone. If timpson becomes a running team only they will be stopped more then they have seen all year. I seen Joe run the same dame play 7 maybe 8 time in a row once they found the week point in Shelbyville. For 10 yards a pop. And they will do it to timpson as well. When they move personal to stop it they will . Brake a big run to the other side where the week point moved to. Timpsons kids know what their up against. And I can tell you 11 men in the box and Joe is still moving that ball is hard on the minds of the defensive. What do you tell them at half time ? We going to try and get 12 on the field lol 😂 

That sounds great, and will have some success I’m sure. I’m guess that all depends on how well the defense performs. Again, I haven’t seen Joaquin in person this year, but if joes defense doesn’t shut Timpson down, it’s gonna be a long night. If Joaquin puts the ball on the ground like they did against SA, they’re in trouble.

1 minute ago, JMS1971 said:

That sounds great, and will have some success I’m sure. I’m guess that all depends on how well the defense performs. Again, I haven’t seen Joaquin in person this year, but if joes defense doesn’t shut Timpson down, it’s gonna be a long night. If Joaquin puts the ball on the ground like they did against SA, they’re in trouble.

Agreed , I have not seen Timpson personally other then video. But I can say that the pass game will not be as successful as it’s been for them  that what makes this game so different then what they done all year long . Joe holds on to the ball then bet your butt it’s going to be long night and rough game. Both teams will have their hands full. Come Friday night . Best of luck Joaquin by 14 

4 minutes ago, TheChef said:

Agreed , I have not seen Timpson personally other then video. But I can say that the pass game will not be as successful as it’s been for them  that what makes this game so different then what they done all year long . Joe holds on to the ball then bet your butt it’s going to be long night and rough game. Both teams will have their hands full. Come Friday night . Best of luck Joaquin by 14 

No doubt. If Joaquin can keep there offense on the field, Timpson will have a hard time. I don’t think it will play out that way, but I have been wrong before 

I really really hope the Bears are Taking Joaquin more serious than their fans on here. If not any parents reading this may want to invest in dental insurance. Physicality is definitely in the future.

22 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I really really hope the Bears are Taking Joaquin more serious than their fans on here. If not any parents reading this may want to invest in dental insurance. Physicality is definitely in the future.

I’m pretty sure the players are taking it seriously. The same applies to Joaquin. If they think it’s gonna be a cakewalk, they may want consider a little insurance of their own.

Most the timpson people I know . Came to watch Garrison vs Joaquin . And are basing their prediction from that game . Bad call : that game is not what the real Joaquin looks like . 

7 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Most the timpson people I know . Came to watch Garrison vs Joaquin . And are basing their prediction from that game . Bad call : that game is not what the real Joaquin looks like . 

So by that logic; if they get beat Friday night, that’s not the real Joaquin either?

4 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

So by that logic; if they get beat Friday night, that’s not the real Joaquin either?

Yes that’s exactly what I said , gtfo clown . How about almost the whole coaching staff being out due to COVID being considered not the real Joaquin . Let’s see how timpson does with only the OC. 

5 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Yes that’s exactly what I said , gtfo clown . How about almost the whole coaching staff being out due to COVID being considered not the real Joaquin . Let’s see how timpson does with only the OC. 

Ok, gotcha 

24 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

From what I hear tickets sold out before 7:30 am this morning 

This ticket thing is retarded.