The Smoakhouse Forums

Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

A decent thread to read through. Was expecting more 💩 talk though 😂

If the Bears can somehow get the big play going obviously they can pull away but history tells me that Joe won't let that happen. 

Should be a fun game. 

Only Alllto can really bring the heat in #### talking. There’s only 1 true hardcore Timpson fan on here and like 6 Joaquin fans and it’s honestly hard to manufacture the #### talk. Truth be told the schools don’t have any bad blood at all. And any other Friday would be rooting for the other. Now Alllto and Joaquin that rivalry was not manufactured. The two towns really want to get after each other. And Alllto has a lot of fans

• Like 1
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a van, down by the river.   

Thanks to the Timpson fan who made that awesome Facebook post about West Hardin's kids......

I’m not from Timpson but I have a kid on the team.  All the talk about getting hit in the mouth and quit is complete nonsense. I’m a firm believer in letting your play do the talking. Who gives a ####

Posted Images

On 10/27/2020 at 1:13 AM, EdgarAllenPwn said:

I think Timpson wins district championship, and Joe beats them in playoffs. I could see that playing out 

I could see it too. It's hard to beat Lawson twice, we found that out last year. 

Still looking for a link to an internet broadcast.  Somebody said Timpson ISD had it, but there was nothing about it on their website last night that I could find.  Anybody found anything?

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Still looking for a link to an internet broadcast.  Somebody said Timpson ISD had it, but there was nothing about it on their website last night that I could find.  Anybody found anything?

I’ll see what I can find out

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Timpson Athletic Facebook Page

2 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

Timpson Athletic Facebook Page

Lots of good coverage, but no mention of any live coverage of the game that I can find ...

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Lots of good coverage, but no mention of any live coverage of the game that I can find ...

If you have Facebook, search Timpson Athletics.  It will be streamed live through Facebook on Friday night 

1 hour ago, Bear9T1 said:

If you have Facebook, search Timpson Athletics.  It will be streamed live through Facebook on Friday night 

Yes, I have Facebook and found it.  Hopefully, it will be there Friday night and I can tune in.  I was just saying there is nothing there now saying they will be streaming the game on Friday, that I can find .... thanks for the info ....

• Like 1

This will be a tough one.  Timpson has the fire power and the big plays though.  Joaquin is just hard nosed.  It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this one but I'm guessing if Joaquin can't move the ball and control the clock it'll be a no contest.

3 hours ago, WyattEarp said:

This will be a tough one.  Timpson has the fire power and the big plays though.  Joaquin is just hard nosed.  It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this one but I'm guessing if Joaquin can't move the ball and control the clock it'll be a no contest.

What reason do you have to believe they won’t be able to move the ball? Just curious. 

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

What reason do you have to believe they won’t be able to move the ball? Just curious. 

I can’t speak for WyattEarp, DocHoliday or even CaptainAugustusMcCray but Timpson has a pretty dang salty defense BUT on the other hand so does Jo up to this point.  I reckon we will find out Friday.  🤷‍♂️

I think trueblue nailed it in an earlier post.  It’s really hard to smack talk when there’s really not any bad blood between these two programs.  However the rams seemed a lil soft against Shelbyville so gimme da bears by 2 scores!! 😉🤣

4 minutes ago, Juiced07 said:

Joe better be glad they won’t have to crawl away from a 4th round shedding by the Jackets. Lol

This ain’t 2007. Don’t you have some basketballs to air up? 

• Haha 1

A little research....

Timpson opponents records 35% win

wins 20

losses 57

Joaquin opponents records 43% win

wins 16

losses 37

Joaquin played one team with winning record. Timpson has played one team with winning record. For either team to bump their gums about being superior is ridiculous. Timpson has relied on big plays while Joe has a more consistent attack. Which team handles adversity better will decide the winner. Clearly neither team has played any competition to this point. 

• Like 1

I think Shelbyville was the most talented non factor team in district. They are actually pretty good but as usual they can never seem to put it all together. 

Common opponents don't mean much most times but the Rams handled Shelbyville much better than Timpson did. I see this as a pretty good barometer for this game. 

I picked Timpson in the poll but the closer the game gets I'm leaning toward the Rams grinding out a close one. 

This is just an opinion but I'm a bored insomniac and this is the game of the week!! It feels like one of the biggest Shelby County games in a long time. Wish I could be there but my youngest son has commitments at his new school. 

Seems like both are beneficial from a soft schedule. West Rusk is like that in District so hopefully doesn’t hurt them in the long run . The undefeated records seem like this would be the game to go. Timpson seems to be more impressive based on schedules. I will take the bears.