Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)


District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

  1. 1. Rams or Bears?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a van, down by the river.   

Thanks to the Timpson fan who made that awesome Facebook post about West Hardin's kids......

I’m not from Timpson but I have a kid on the team.  All the talk about getting hit in the mouth and quit is complete nonsense. I’m a firm believer in letting your play do the talking. Who gives a ####

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, SvilleMonkeyMan said:

MONKE thinks Joaquin wins this one. After watching both Timpson relies on big plays. Joaquin is consistent and that will give them the edge

Timpson gets big plays because they have big players makers.  Not because they are lucky every now and then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Seems like both are beneficial from a soft schedule. West Rusk is like that in District so hopefully doesn’t hurt them in the long run . The undefeated records seem like this would be the game to go. Timpson seems to be more impressive based on schedules. I will take the bears.

Soft schedule?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Looking like didn’t really play competitive teams. 

This is probably the toughest 2A Div I district in Texas .... How do you figure it was a soft schedule? ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

This is probably the toughest 2A Div I district in Texas .... How do you figure it was a soft schedule? ....

My mistake wasn’t sure. The undefeated streaks were interesting so I was wondering . I know West Rusk kinda had that happened to them. Very poor district .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bear9T1 said:

Timpson gets big plays because they have big players makers.  Not because they are lucky every now and then. 

Anyone can make a big here and there Timpson is just better than most at making those big plays. But personally I think Joe's consistency is what gives em the edge over Timpson

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SvilleMonkeyMan said:

Anyone can make a big here and there Timpson is just better than most at making those big plays. But personally I think Joe's consistency is what gives em the edge over Timpson

Just as the rams are consistent the Bears CONSISTENTLY make big plays, it’s just a normal part of what they do each and every game they’ve played thus far.  We will see Friday if the rams can slow them down and if the bears can combat the rams consistent approach. TBD...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Just as the rams are consistent the Bears CONSISTENTLY make big plays, it’s just a normal part of what they do each and every game they’ve played thus far.  We will see Friday if the rams can slow them down and if the bears can combat the rams consistent approach. TBD...

Timpson definitely has big play talent. But the biggest factor in their previous success has been the sub par opponents. Lots of blown coverages and misalignment. ... I mean when you throw a flare pass to RB in flat and he goes for 70yds that’s more of crappy defense than it is dangerous big play potential. That being said Joe opposition hasn’t been much better. I am very interested to see what each team does when the yards are hard to come by. Which coach will be patient? Which will press the issue and make a mistake and ultimately cost the team a victory.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Juiced07 said:

Joe better be glad they won’t have to crawl away from a 4th round shedding by the Jackets. Lol

alto is 0-8 . That means we now spell alto with 8 L’s aLLLLLLLLto

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

Just as the rams are consistent the Bears CONSISTENTLY make big plays, it’s just a normal part of what they do each and every game they’ve played thus far.  We will see Friday if the rams can slow them down and if the bears can combat the rams consistent approach. TBD...

Easy to consistently make big plays against , frankston , aLLLLLLLLto, James Bowie, MT enterprise , and west Hardin . Not to mention arguably the worst SA and garrison And Carlisle  teams in the past several years . JS...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JMS1971 said:

I wasn’t at the game and don’t know the specifics, but it looked like beckville slowed down that powerhouse offense of Joaquin.

First game of the season with a bunch of 9th and 10th graders in the back field against a good team what you Expect . Least they care away with a w. They would beat a team like frankston by 70

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I wasn’t at the game and don’t know the specifics, but it looked like beckville slowed down that powerhouse offense of Joaquin.

Matter of fact how are you gonna allow a team like  frankston to hang 24 points on you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Matter of fact how are you gonna allow a team like  frankston to hang 24 points on you 

Because Frankston ran for 300 yards that night . 🧐 facts  the run defense is suspect at Timpson. Friday night will be a great game. Only one team gets the W the other teams takes the L and the feeling to redeem them self in the playoffs. Ether way both squads should be proud of the season they put together at this Point. Go Rams 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

First game of the season with a bunch of 9th and 10th graders in the back field against a good team what you Expect . Least they care away with a w. They would beat a team like frankston by 70

Not If they fumble 13 times 😂 fumbalina, el fumblers, fumblefingers, fumblemafia 

#ramscanthangontotheball 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old ground and pound vs speed again. Happened many a times. Friday we will see who gets the W. Variables are if Joaquin can handle the speed enough to contain it and If timpson can consistently read guards to opposite back and close up the gaps. Gonna be a goodun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

The Old ground and pound vs speed again. Happened many a times. Friday we will see who gets the W. Variables are if Joaquin can handle the speed enough to contain it and If timpson can consistently read guards to opposite back and close up the gaps. Gonna be a goodun. 

Amen 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...