Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)


District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

  1. 1. Rams or Bears?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a van, down by the river.   

Thanks to the Timpson fan who made that awesome Facebook post about West Hardin's kids......

I’m not from Timpson but I have a kid on the team.  All the talk about getting hit in the mouth and quit is complete nonsense. I’m a firm believer in letting your play do the talking. Who gives a ####

Posted Images

Guess speed won it tonight. The turnovers didn't help. Joe in for a quick exit if you can't execute. Timpson gonna go deep if they can stay healthy and don't overlook anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

I'm honestly wondering how do yall bounce back.   

Do the only thing ya can do.... And what these boys only know how to.... You lace em up and pull chin strap tight and go back to work. Never known these boys to ever quit and it won’t start now. Go ahead and gloat and get ya cheap shots in peeps.... We all know how the schedules were made and who dodged who this year. Pretty simple.... Joe got whipped. Timpson is good. Practice the next couple weeks will pick up in intensity and I’d be willing to bet this is a valuable lesson learned by all involved.... Sometimes the best way to learn the fire is hot is to get burned.... Tonight Joe saw what true intensity and will to win looks like. And if you don’t match it then it will get embarrassing real quick 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok........if there was no turnovers this still is a butt whoopin. Take the 63-0 beat down and move on. Hate excuses.  Courtney had more yards in the first quarter than the Joaquin offense had all night!!  But he wasn’t gonna be able to take the hits.......Looked to me like he was dishing them out. And the freshman wasn’t gonna do anything either. Come on man!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

Weird how Lambo hasn’t made it to this conversation. Some people will never learn about running that mouth. 

I know you ain’t talkin to me 😂😂 I’ll be here talkin regardless. It’s not like I lost to Timpson. I was in Shreveport with my wife and kids doin an escape room. I’ll also be here in a year or 2 when all the timpson people are gone. I’ll talk your ear off while I’m gettin beat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Do the only thing ya can do.... And what these boys only know how to.... You lace em up and pull chin strap tight and go back to work. Never known these boys to ever quit and it won’t start now. Go ahead and gloat and get ya cheap shots in peeps.... We all know how the schedules were made and who dodged who this year. Pretty simple.... Joe got whipped. Timpson is good. Practice the next couple weeks will pick up in intensity and I’d be willing to bet this is a valuable lesson learned by all involved.... Sometimes the best way to learn the fire is hot is to get burned.... Tonight Joe saw what true intensity and will to win looks like. And if you don’t match it then it will get embarrassing real quick 

Post of the century.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Do the only thing ya can do.... And what these boys only know how to.... You lace em up and pull chin strap tight and go back to work. Never known these boys to ever quit and it won’t start now. Go ahead and gloat and get ya cheap shots in peeps.... We all know how the schedules were made and who dodged who this year. Pretty simple.... Joe got whipped. Timpson is good. Practice the next couple weeks will pick up in intensity and I’d be willing to bet this is a valuable lesson learned by all involved.... Sometimes the best way to learn the fire is hot is to get burned.... Tonight Joe saw what true intensity and will to win looks like. And if you don’t match it then it will get embarrassing real quick 

Definitely about to find out who the leaders on the team are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

Gotta love the talkers. God bless and good luck. Keep up with that fog machine.✌🏼

I don’t just talk... I can also drop people on their heads Quite proficiently. I thought we where past that tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lambo said:

I don’t just talk... I can also drop people on their heads Quite proficiently. I thought we where past that tho.

You might be talking to someone who can go toe-to-toe with you. Just sayin 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You might be talking to someone who can go toe-to-toe with you. Just sayin 

I don’t wanna do it 😂😂 I’m really happy for Timpson. I know it’s a Courtney though. People win and people lose it happens. But to think I’m not gonna show up? Lemme tell ya I could get beat up on national tv and talk as soon as I wake up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unashamed said:

Not a Lambright.  That's inconceivable. 

Oh we can be whooped up on. We just come back for more when it’s over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Indaeast said:

Ok........if there was no turnovers this still is a butt whoopin. Take the 63-0 beat down and move on. Hate excuses.  Courtney had more yards in the first quarter than the Joaquin offense had all night!!  But he wasn’t gonna be able to take the hits.......Looked to me like he was dishing them out. And the freshman wasn’t gonna do anything either. Come on man!

Gotta give a lot of credit to DC Patrick Gandy (JHS Class of ‘08). Looks like he put together a pretty good game plan. Getting stops and creating turnovers led to our defense being on the field way too much. Bears have too many weapons to allow them to control time of possession the way they did. Y’all defense made that happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My main thing is I had zero to do with this game except school pride. All my brothers are gone. All my cousins are gone. All the kids I coached... Gone. I hopped on here to get involved in the talk and Mr.big toughmctoughy thought he ran me off. I’ll be here when Joaquin gets beat 63-0 and I’ll be here when Joaquin wins by 63. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see that coming! Good luck to both teams going forward. Maybe one can take Refugio out? 

I despise the monopoly teams like Refugio and Mart have. I know somebody will tell me how great they are and how it's just in their blood. . . Well,that is pure 💩

Rant over. . And congrats to the Bears. They have put a lot into their programs all the way down through the youth for a while now and its paying off in all sports. They will make noise for a while I think. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Didn't see that coming! Good luck to both teams going forward. Maybe one can take Refugio out? 

I despise the monopoly teams like Refugio and Mart have. I know somebody will tell me how great they are and how it's just in their blood. . . Well,that is pure 💩

Rant over. . And congrats to the Bears. They have put a lot into their programs all the way down through the youth for a while now and its paying off in all sports. They will make noise for a while I think. 

Very very well said! I think everyone is happy for the bears

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Indaeast said:

Weird how Lambo hasn’t made it to this conversation. Some people will never learn about running that .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Until district 9 gets their games played next week we don’t technically have a playoff game to make a thread on. And since it’s #2020 there’s no telling what kind of crazy upsets might happen over there that would wreck any projections we make. We ran into a buzzsaw last night. Timpson has an outstanding team and played at the top of their game. We obviously did not. But I know this about our kids and our coaches: they won’t waste a defeat. I can guarantee they’re breaking down film right now trying to find ways to fix everything that went wrong. It’s worth mentioning that the last time the Rams lost consecutive games was the playoff loss in ‘16 to Lovelady followed by the season opener in ‘17 to Tenaha. The last time we lost back-to-back in the same season was West Sabine and San Augustine in ‘15. We’ll be fine. We will move all playoff scenario discussion to the District 10 thread. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...