Joaquin Rams (8-0, 4-0) at Timpson Bears (9-0, 4-0)

trueblue82

District 10AA CHAMPIONSHIP   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Bears?

This poll is closed to new votes

46 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

I stay around unless I get an extended vacation every now and then 😂!  But SA couldn’t replace all of the talent that left last year.  It happens.  Even after 3 straight semi finals appearances. 

I think he was referring to metal not you lol

45 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

And if you don’t believe it just ask him. He still has that score on his bedroom wall. He’s already rehearsing the story about that game to tell his grandkids, and his oldest kid just started kindergarten. 

Hey hey hey... My oldest is in second grade... but my 2 year old can tell you the entire story 😂😂

1 hour ago, Unashamed said:

First off I agree 100% with what you have said but I think you need to understand the context of what is actually underway here.  This is an EPIC THREAD.  Epic threads occur when 2 teams meet up inside our little 2a community.   Most of us 2a guys have been members here for over 10 years and we all know each other really well.   Theirs a tight knit group between the Alto, garrison,  Joaquin,  Tenaha,  and Carlisle fans.   We all support each other,  but when we meet up in the playoffs or whatever those threads tend to take on an epic status.  That's what is happening here.  

I'm 44 years old and I can't remember a single time 2 shelby county teams have met up that were both top 10 ranked and also undefeated.   

Its only Saturday and Friday is a long way away.  A little levity here between friends helps ease the nerves between now and then.   

So try not to be offended.   Moderators will keep it civil.   But this thread will definitely not be for the faint of heart.   Maybe if Timpson had fans that were actually here through the thick and the thin yall would understand.   

Anyway, welcome aboard.  Its gonna be one for the ages fellas.  

I get the rousing. I just offered my view.  No hard feelings at any of it.  It is just talk 

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

I typed this and it wouldn’t load so I screenshot it.... Didn’t feel like typing it again....🤷‍♂️

8A80BFFF-CCDF-4ED1-9B01-CFF84F508F07.png

No disrespect but isn’t Joaquin ranked # 5 whereas Timpson # 8? To me that makes Timpson the underdog. Timpson from what I know has definitely underachieved over the years, but I’ve been following high school football since the mid 80s and I personally never recall Joaquin being anything other than mediocre. I’ve only lived in Timpson about ten years, and in that time I’d agree there’s a bunch of fair weather fans, but not that much different than many places. What makes Joaquin’s undefeated record better than Timpsons? I personally think both teams are impressive.I just can’t buy into this narrative that Joaquin is being underrated or underestimated. You can keep that Biden ####, too!

36 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

No disrespect but isn’t Joaquin ranked # 5 whereas Timpson # 8? To me that makes Timpson the underdog. Timpson from what I know has definitely underachieved. I’ve been following high school football since the mid 80s and I personally never recall Joaquin being anything other than mediocre. I’ve only lived in Timpson about ten years, and I’d agree there’s a bunch of fair weather fans. I’ve asked several people what makes Joaquin’s undefeated record better than Timpsons? Not trying to stir anything up but trying to understand 

Check back on the last four years and see my opinion on polls. They’re worthless. Records are similar. They have no bearing on this game. Both teams are very good at the style of football they play. It all comes down to matchups and execution. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Check back on the last four years and see my opinion on polls. They’re worthless. Records are similar. They have no bearing on this game. Both teams are very good at the style of football they play. It all comes down to matchups and execution. 

I agree

49 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

No disrespect but isn’t Joaquin ranked # 5 whereas Timpson # 8? To me that makes Timpson the underdog. Timpson from what I know has definitely underachieved. I’ve been following high school football since the mid 80s and I personally never recall Joaquin being anything other than mediocre. I’ve only lived in Timpson about ten years, and I’d agree there’s a bunch of fair weather fans. I’ve asked several people what makes Joaquin’s undefeated record better than Timpsons? Not trying to stir anything up but trying to understand 

1) If there was a license needed to post on Smoaky then yours should be revoked after your comments 

2) You sound like you are way too old to be living with your parents 

3) If you chose to move to Timpson then that disqualifies you from posting as well

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

1) If there was a license needed to post on Smoaky then yours should be revoked after your comments 

2) You sound like you are way too old to be living with your parents 

3) If you chose to move to Timpson then that disqualifies you from posting as well

Not that it’s any of your business, but I moved here because of my job moved my job to Center. Haven’t lived in my parents house since 1988. Uncle Sam housed me for a few years though. Maybe you could go to work for Smoaky to manage the posts you don’t like.