Pitt vs Spring Hill, who wins this one?

Pittstrike52

8 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I need to post a 3 second video but I keep getting an error.  I’m guessing because the file is too large.  It’s a really good video of a play I saw vs Pitt & PG.  Who can help?

What play was it and maybe I can help you out with it? If it's a Pitt defensive play then i could definitely help you out with it

On 10/27/2020 at 5:57 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

Yeah it’s the one where #40 Jackson from PG was leading as a FB and #52 from Pitt planted him on his butt.  😂

I've started to say this many times on other threads, but stopped because I know I'll get lambasted on here, but from all the games I've watched over the last few years of PG #40... I think he is vastly overrated.  He will make one or two plays a game and then disappears completely.  Just not the game changer I expect to see with all the talk you always hear.  

Maybe this thread is safe... Maybe the PG fans won't find me here... 🤫

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I've started to say this many times on other threads, but stopped because I know I'll get lambasted on here, but from all the games I've watched over the last few years of PG #40... I think he is vastly overrated.  He will make one or two plays a game and then disappears completely.  Just not the game changer I expect to see with all the talk you always hear.  

He is a good player but I don’t think he is a game changer like everyone gives him credi for.  She not one of those defensive players that make you say wow.  I think his height makes him look Intimidating. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StangtilDeath said:

Id like to see it lol

If a mod can help me load a 3 second video I’ll post it.  Nothing bad or flagrant.  Just a power lead play where #40 lined up at full back and met #52 in the hole.  Needless to say #52 got the better end of the collision.  #40 gave credit where credit was due after the play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If a mod can help me load a 3 second video I’ll post it.  Nothing bad or flagrant.  Just a power lead play where #40 lined up at full back and met #52 in the hole.  Needless to say #52 got the better end of the collision.  #40 gave credit where credit was due after the play.

I'll try to retrieve it manually off of PG's live broadcast of the game from Klpi TV texarkana on youtube. Definitely was one heck of a collision for sure. Real football

On 10/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Why wouldn’t we send a few coaches not in quarantine to watch the Gilmer/Pitt game when we were not playing?  We had already forfeited to LE and PG at that point.  Pitt was the next game.  And sorry to burst your bubble but SH is better than LE this year.  Just wished we could have shown it on the field.

Lol

13 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Why do you think nearly 50 DI schools offered him. He chose LSU by the way. 60 Career sacks doesn't impress you, not to mention he doubled up playing tight end and fullback this year. It's really sad that he got hurt last week, but you'll be hearing from him at LSU and maybe the NFL.

14 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I agree somewhat with what you are saying, but I remind myself that all these D1 coaches offering him know more about it than I do. I’ve only seen him play against Gilmer and Carthage 

8 hours ago, Texlov said:

Why do you think nearly 50 DI schools offered him. He chose LSU by the way. 60 Career sacks doesn't impress you, not to mention he doubled up playing tight end and fullback this year. It's really sad that he got hurt last week, but you'll be hearing from him at LSU and maybe the NFL.

I know he had a ton of offers. I know he’s going to LSU. I know the numbers. I’m not some random Joe, talking mess. I’m just giving my honest opinion of what I’ve seen. I’m sorry that being a large human and racking up sacks in high school hasn’t dropped my jaw.  My thoughts are not based on numbers, just based off of what my eyes have seen through many games. 

Did you know that many highly recruited players don’t pan out at all at the college level? Did you know that many players who performed in college fall flat in the NFL? He will see the field at LSU eventually because of the potential his size brings. And yes, it’s sad anytime anyone is injured. Which is just one reason he will be on the sideline more than on the field, because he is very injury prone.  

I stand by what I said originally. In every game I’ve watched (which has been 8 over last 3 years, would have been a lot more if he wasn’t hurt all the time) he makes a “splash” play or two and then disappears. Especially, at least in the games I’ve viewed, watching him against good teams. And I’d be more impressed by him doubling up at tight end and fullback if he were good at them, but I’ve never seen someone that big get bullied by tiny cornerbacks on passing routes. He’s a better blocker by default because he’s so big, but even that he doesn’t do as good as some kids much smaller and less physically blessed than he.  And since his main position is DE that’s fine, I don’t expect him to be as good at TE or FB. I only say what I say, because you touted him doubling up at those positions. 

It would be neat if I was wrong and the young man ends up making it all the way and doing it well. Like I said, just giving my honest opinion. We don’t have to all have the same one. 

• Like 1