Shepherd @ Rusk

Wildcat71

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

They petition the UIl to get out of the District but wanted to play sub varsity. The UIl said No. Thus the forfeit the rest of the season.

No they cancelled because of injuries and Covid they already played 3 district games 

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

They petition the UIl to get out of the District but wanted to play sub varsity. The UIl said No. Thus the forfeit the rest of the season.

Do you really know why they petitioned their district or are you making assumptions? 

I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact TEA was taking over, they knew budget cuts were coming because of that and their closest district game was Madisonville.  The district they attempted to get in to was maybe a 20-30 minute drive in any direction (thus saving money).

Where did you get your source on them only wanting to play JV?

And I also know it's been said but they've been hit with Covid.  Would you pick the lottery numbers for me since you're getting everything right?

Per shepherd isd on Facebook to clear things up as of now.

Shepherd ISD Community,

Out of an abundance of caution in regards to Covid 19, the Senior Night Pep Rally and Varsity Football game are canceled for this week. We have numerous participants out because of Covid 19 contact tracing. Our seniors will be recognized before next week's Varsity Football game. The game versus Carthage will now be played on Thursday, November 5th starting at 6:30pm at Shepherd High School. Senior participants will be recognized starting at approximately 5:45 pm. 

Thank you,

Athletic Director
Shepherd High School

I have a question about Rusk. The players are being told that they made the playoffs, which is true after the forfeit, but they are also being told their first round opponent will be Salado and that it’s scheduled to be played November 13th. It’s even already on the Maxpreps website. How can this already be set? I mean I know the chances are slim but what happens if Rusk beats Center next Friday? Then I believe they would finish 3rd In the district and would face the second place team instead of the district winner. I’m pretty confused on how this can already be set. Any input anyone??

13 minutes ago, Jtylich said:

I have a question about Rusk. The players are being told that they made the playoffs, which is true after the forfeit, but they are also being told their first round opponent will be Salado and that it’s scheduled to be played November 13th. It’s even already on the Maxpreps website. How can this already be set? I mean I know the chances are slim but what happens if Rusk beats Center next Friday? Then I believe they would finish 3rd In the district and would face the second place team instead of the district winner. I’m pretty confused on how this can already be set. Any input anyone??

There is nothing set for 2nd, 3rd and 4th..............Center beats Jasper, Rusk beats Center, you have a 3-way tie..........unlikely, but possible. 

This is the prediction they have on Dave Campbells web site, a lot could happen in the mean time 

W9 Salado vs. F10 Rusk

R12 Bellville vs. T11 Orangefield

W10 Carthage vs. F9 Gatesville

R11 Silsbee vs. T12 La Marque

W11 West Orange-Stark vs. F12 Sweeny

R10 Jasper vs. T9 Waco Connally

W12 Sealy vs. F11 Hardin-Jeferson

R9 China Spring vs. T10 Center

3 hours ago, Jtylich said:

Confused..... 

Coaches setting things up to lock up playoff sites.  Gonna be different since 5A/6A still have 6 weeks to go in regular season.  Their fields won’t be available.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jtylich said:

They are probably just setting up potential games based on likely scenarios to try and lock in fields since there will be 5A and 6A teams still playing and probably some neutral sites that will not host games due to the China Virus.  Everyone is trying to get out in front of things.  I know they talked about top 2 teams hosting bottom 2 teams, but I think some teams ended up balking on that deal when they realized they wouldn't be top 2....

14 hours ago, weeksc4 said:

This is the prediction they have on Dave Campbells web site, a lot could happen in the mean time 

W9 Salado vs. F10 Rusk

R12 Bellville vs. T11 Orangefield

W10 Carthage vs. F9 Gatesville

R11 Silsbee vs. T12 La Marque

W11 West Orange-Stark vs. F12 Sweeny

R10 Jasper vs. T9 Waco Connally

W12 Sealy vs. F11 Hardin-Jeferson

R9 China Spring vs. T10 Center

I would love to see the Jasper Limbricks and the Center Horaces take down Connaly and China Spring.  It would be awesome for this district to go 3 out of 4.  

• Like 1