1. 1. How do you feel about November 3

• Solid Trump Win
    • Nervous about Trump win
    • Getting ready for communist's wave
    • Solid Biden Win
    • Nervous about Biden win
    • Getting ready to move out of country after election

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

I'm more nervous about what happens after the 3rd.  That's when democrats do their best work.  Votes just keep magically coming out of the woodwork until they have enough to claim victory.

It's VERY possible that if SCOTUS hadn't stopped the recount in 2000 that more ballots would have been "found", and Al Gore would have been President.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

It's VERY possible that if SCOTUS hadn't stopped the recount in 2000 that more ballots would have been "found", and Al Gore would have been President.

Indeed,  and unless Trump wins in an undeniable landslide we'll be doing 2000 all over again.  That's why it's imperative that ACB gets put on the court tomorrow.  No way in the world can we trust Roberts with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 5:28 PM, DAWG91 said:

I'm more nervous about what happens after the 3rd.  That's when democrats do their best work.  Votes just keep magically coming out of the woodwork until they have enough to claim victory.

That's what has me uneasy, especially with mail in voting and what's been happening.  I don't think the election will be settled until Mid December.  

On 10/25/2020 at 6:58 PM, Monte1076 said:

So you think it'll go to the House of Representatives?

I think a lot of it will wind up in courts.  Both Biden and Trump are already lawyering up for the fiasco ahead.  They know what's coming.  I don't hire a lawyer until I need one.  Both are already preparing their cases.  It might not be decided until January or longer with the Wuhan tying up the court system.  I know a few lawyers, and their court cases aren't even on the docket until 2023.  That's how backlogged the court systems are now.  I think a Presidential election will take precedent over other court cases however so my guesstimate will be mid December.  

46 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think a lot of it will wind up in courts.  Both Biden and Trump are already lawyering up for the fiasco ahead.  They know what's coming.  I don't hire a lawyer until I need one.  Both are already preparing their cases.  It might not be decided until January or longer with the Wuhan tying up the court system.  I know a few lawyers, and their court cases aren't even on the docket until 2023.  That's how backlogged the court systems are now.  I think a Presidential election will take precedent over other court cases however so my guesstimate will be mid December.  

From my understanding, it really can't go past mid December.

Here's what happens, if I'm not mistaken: If neither candidate has reached the requisite 270 electoral votes by mid-December (December 14th, I believe) then the electors cannot elect a President since there are not enough assigned EVs to do so. At that point, state delegates from the House of Representatives cast one vote each (1 state, 1 vote). The candidate who gets the most state delegate votes becomes President, and the runner up, if I am not mistaken, becomes Vice President.

So in theory, you could have a President Trump and a Vice President Biden, or a President Biden and a Vice President Trump.

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Here's what happens, if I'm not mistaken: If neither candidate has reached the requisite 270 electoral votes by mid-December (December 14th, I believe) then the electors cannot elect a President since there are not enough assigned EVs to do so. At that point, state delegates from the House of Representatives cast one vote each (1 state, 1 vote). The candidate who gets the most state delegate votes becomes President, and the runner up, if I am not mistaken, becomes Vice President.

So in theory, you could have a President Trump and a Vice President Biden, or a President Biden and a Vice President Trump.

Wow!! No way that's possible, right?!? 😂🤣😂

😂 Somebody please look that up and see if that's a possibility. If true, I'm almost kind of hoping that's what happens. It would definitely be an INTERESTING next 4 yrs 😂

8 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Wow!! No way that's possible, right?!? 😂🤣😂

😂 Somebody please look that up and see if that's a possibility. If true, I'm almost kind of hoping that's what happens. It would definitely be an INTERESTING next 4 yrs 😂

Turns out I was partially right, but incorrect about the "runner up". It's laid out in the 12th Amendment.

https://usconstitution.net/xconst_Am12.html

It states, in part:

The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.

The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

There ya go.

So basically, if neither candidate gets to the 270 (or the electors aren't able to cast their votes by the given date, which I think is December 14 this year), and it goes to the House, the House can then vote. Each "delegation" gets 1 vote. You'd need 33 states for a quorum., and based on the wording, it would appear that 26 states would have to vote for a candidate for that candidate to be President. If they can't decide by March 4, then the Vice President becomes the President. Then a quorum (minimum 67) of Senators would basically do the same thing for vice President.

And you could, in theory, Have a President from one party, and a VP from another party.

President and vice President used to be elected separately. You didn't have a "running mate".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Turns out I was partially right, but incorrect about the "runner up". It's laid out in the 12th Amendment.

https://usconstitution.net/xconst_Am12.html

It states, in part:

There ya go.

So basically, if neither candidate gets to the 270 (or the electors aren't able to cast their votes by the given date, which I think is December 14 this year), and it goes to the House, the House can then vote. Each "delegation" gets 1 vote. You'd need 33 states for a quorum., and based on the wording, it would appear that 26 states would have to vote for a candidate for that candidate to be President. If they can't decide by March 4, then the Vice President becomes the President. Then a quorum (minimum 67) of Senators would basically do the same thing for vice President.

And you could, in theory, Have a President from one party, and a VP from another party.

President and vice President used to be elected separately. You didn't have a "running mate".

Dang! I was kinda hoping for the scenario of the runner up being VP. Oh well. 😂

1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

Dang! I was kinda hoping for the scenario of the runner up being VP. Oh well. 😂

Well, if you think about it, the following scenarios would still be possible:

Trump as President and Harris as Vice President

Biden as President, Pence as Vice President.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Well, if you think about it, the following scenarios would still be possible:

Trump as President and Harris as Vice President

Biden as President, Pence as Vice President.

Eehhh...not as fun as the other scenarios. 😂

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

No matter who wins it will not be the end of the world. The sun will still come up the next day. I just hope that the losing side does not act to stupid. 

LIKE HOW THE SUN CAME UP AFTER ALL THE OTHER COMMUNIST REVOLUTIONS? You are right the sun will come up, but liberty will be in the dark 

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, Monte1076 said:

What I'm more concerned with is it being tied up in the courts.  The way they're doing things now the Constitution doesn't matter unless a judge rules.  I realize that's wrong, but that's how it's been the past 25-30 years.  

On 10/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I think our leftist would struggle with this lol. 

I wonder where this is at.  It looks like it might be The Woodlands at the walking trails there and the canal, but I can't say for sure.  The Woodlands is very conservative so I can't say that this video is accurate.  

On 10/26/2020 at 5:42 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I bet it north east somewhere like Connecticut or somewhere. You may be right for all I know. I have a feeling the Biden support is like this. Most of his supporters are usually snowflakes or people trained to be a Democrat. Doesn’t seem reasonable people vote this way lol.

I pay attention to detail check the trees, the one guy wearing the Lone Star Flight Museum shirt, the other wearing an astronaut pushing a food cart while at a food cart, and a few other things.  I haven't walked the 160 miles of trails at the George Mitchell Nature Preserve or every trail around the Spring Creek there, but it looks very similar.