9-5a Week 2 Nacogdoches 1-2 (0-1) @ Pine Tree 3-0-1 (1-0)

Nacwagons

Nac Travels to Pine Tree this week after a mistake filled loss to Whitehouse. Pine tree coming off of a big win at Marshall. 

Nac will put themselves in a huge hole with a loss and start this year off like they have the last few years. Being 2 games back of 2 teams that figure to be in the top 4. Nac still has Marshal, Texas High and Mt Pleasant left after this one. Lots to clean up for the Dragons, so many penalties(especially pre-snap), very little running game. Defense has looked good, just spent too much time on the field in the 4th Qtr against WH. 

Nac had 5 turnovers, 17 penalties-10 pre-snap penalties, atleast 10 by one lineman.

This will be the 33rd meeting between Nac and PT, Nac leads the series 25-7

Not going to waste time with a poll since I am sure the consensus will be Pine Tree big. I still hold out hope that Nac will put it all together and get out of their own way.

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

This could be a Nac upset. Lot of energy went into the Marshall game so a letdown is possible. 

If Nac could fin a way to win, what a mess the district standings will be!! Especially if MT P finds a way to beat Whitehouse, it will pretty much reset the race for the playoffs.

• Like 1

If Pine Tree can continue to play relatively mistake free offensively paired with the more aggressive and inspired defense showing up this season then this game shouldn't be that close.

Of course, we know this is a high school football season that's already had a few surprises. 

Pine Tree takes this one by a few scores...imo.

R.J.

19 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I see no reason why Nac couldn’t be considered as a contender in this district. Honestly no one really established themselves as as automatic player. Texas High yes and Marshall / PT , Whitehouse, Mp , and even Nac have a shot

I’m guessing you haven’t seen T high play this year. After this game for nac the next three are winnable.it’s Hallsville MP and jax not in that order but, then we have Texas high and Marshall. It’s no room for error we really need this win against PT. I remember when the PT game was a automatic win. I believe those days for them are over. We can’t have the mistakes we had last week or this game will be over by halftime. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:38 AM, nacdragon07 said:

I’m guessing you haven’t seen T high play this year. After this game for nac the next three are winnable.it’s Hallsville MP and jax not in that order but, then we have Texas high and Marshall. It’s no room for error we really need this win against PT. I remember when the PT game was a automatic win. I believe those days for them are over. We can’t have the mistakes we had last week or this game will be over by halftime. 

I agree we have no room for error. I still have the belief that Nac is going to put a complete game together and when they do it will show exactly what this team/program is capable of.  We need something to build off of, I have been saying it since we changed coaching staffs. Nac is right there, and just wont get out of their own way. 

13 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I agree we have no room for error. I still have the belief that Nac is going to put a complete game together and when they do it will show exactly what this team/program is capable of.  We need something to build off of, I have been saying it since we changed coaching staffs. Nac is right there, and just wont get out of their own way. 

I really don't think it has anything to do with coaching staffs.  No one has been very successful in Nac. 

11 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I mean this is the vaunted freshmen group that people wouldn’t shut up about. Nac has always had talent throughout the years. They need to quit the excuses and go out there and put it together either you want it or you don’t. I’m tired of typing the same old excuses. This coaching staff can’t afford to win only two or three  games this year again. 

4 minutes ago, WHODIS said:

I really don't think it has anything to do with coaching staffs.  No one has been very successful in Nac. 

Coaches have won here before it just happens in spurts. Reyes took the boys to the playoffs three times. Harper got them to the playoffs. All that’s lacking is consistency year in and year out we haven’t won a DC since the 80’s haven’t won a playoff game since 92. 

Pine tree JV wins 20-7, they have 2 pretty big physical running backs. 13-7 until the final minutes when PT broke off a long run to seal the game. 10 total turnovers between the teams. Both teams threw 3 Ints and PT fumbled 3 times, Nac 1. 

9 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Pine tree JV wins 20-7, they have 2 pretty big physical running backs. 13-7 until the final minutes when PT broke off a long run to seal the game. 10 total turnovers between the teams. Both teams threw 3 Ints and PT fumbled 3 times, Nac 1. 

Disappointing to only come away with 7 points off of 6 Turnovers, were they just giving it right back??