Early Vote Counts Contradict Some Swing State Polls

RETIREDFAN1

What this article doesn't understand or the reporter fails to understand is that in Texas early voting can be done in person on any given day and not just by mail.  I know that's how it's done in the Houston area, and other cities where my friends live.  You can't count on a DMN poll, because it's a liberal town, and many of the subscribers are now liberal, because conservatives have dropped their subscriptions.  I can't say for other states, but can only assume that it's the same as Texas is doing, but I can't say that as truth.  If these numbers are correct as reported, I think Trump stands a better chance of winning than what I've been thinking.    

14 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

What this article doesn't understand or the reporter fails to understand is that in Texas early voting can be done in person on any given day and not just by mail.  I know that's how it's done in the Houston area, and other cities where my friends live.  You can't count on a DMN poll, because it's a liberal town, and many of the subscribers are now liberal, because conservatives have dropped their subscriptions.  I can't say for other states, but can only assume that it's the same as Texas is doing, but I can't say that as truth.  If these numbers are correct as reported, I think Trump stands a better chance of winning than what I've been thinking.    

I know the county where I live posts daily vote totals, both in person and ones received via mail. And based on the registered voters, with less than a week to go, nearly 50% of the registered voters have cast their votes. In 2016, overall it was right around 62%, so I'll be curious to see how that plays out this year. In 2016, I think the county where I live was like 70% Republican, or at least that's how the voting turned out.

As long as US Citizens are voting, I am more than happy with the turn out. But ANY NON-US Citizen Vote needs to thrown out. IF you are NOT a CITIZEN, you DO NOT get to vote in national elections. I know that I had to wait in line for 30 minutes to vote on Saturday morning. But the line moved really fast. And I voted against freezing property taxes for people 65 or older--since I am NOT there YET. lol. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:24 AM, DannyZuco said:

As long as US Citizens are voting, I am more than happy with the turn out. But ANY NON-US Citizen Vote needs to thrown out. IF you are NOT a CITIZEN, you DO NOT get to vote in national elections. I know that I had to wait in line for 30 minutes to vote on Saturday morning. But the line moved really fast. And I voted against freezing property taxes for people 65 or older--since I am NOT there YET. lol. 

I think that those that are 65 or older shouldn't have to pay property taxes.  Mine went up 14% this year, because they increased the property value by $30,000.  How does that happen in one year especially with the Wuhan going on.  People aren't buying property right now, so you can't tell me demand is high.  I also think that if you don't have children you shouldn't have to pay school taxes.  

18 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think that those that are 65 or older shouldn't have to pay property taxes.  Mine went up 14% this year, because they increased the property value by $30,000.  How does that happen in one year especially with the Wuhan going on.  People aren't buying property right now, so you can't tell me demand is high.  I also think that if you don't have children you shouldn't have to pay school taxes.  

I don't know where you live, but it isn't that they don't have to pay property taxes, they just get to freeze them after they turn 65--and since I am not 65 yet, I believe that they should keep paying them. 

BTW--in my neck of the woods, house in my area are on the market less than 10 days--I paid 210K for my house 5 years ago--they say it is worth 400K today--try fighting that battle with the county. But so far I have been able to keep it under 300K so far for tax purposes--but it takes a lot of time and effort on my part--but I ain't gonna let any government take me to the cleaners. That's still 90K in just 5 years on valuation. But some rear end hole bought up about 6 2 acre plots on my street and put up these shoebox houses and sold them for way more than they were worth. So now I have--8 new houses on my dead end road, with one more starting soon. And all of them have more square footage, but they are worth 400K like 2 have sold for. So just east of dallas-people are buying property like it's going out of style. 

Probably they think uncle joe is going to get elected and that is all the property they will once the communist take over. LOL. 

40 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I don't know where you live, but it isn't that they don't have to pay property taxes, they just get to freeze them after they turn 65--and since I am not 65 yet, I believe that they should keep paying them. 

BTW--in my neck of the woods, house in my area are on the market less than 10 days--I paid 210K for my house 5 years ago--they say it is worth 400K today--try fighting that battle with the county. But so far I have been able to keep it under 300K so far for tax purposes--but it takes a lot of time and effort on my part--but I ain't gonna let any government take me to the cleaners. That's still 90K in just 5 years on valuation. But some rear end hole bought up about 6 2 acre plots on my street and put up these shoebox houses and sold them for way more than they were worth. So now I have--8 new houses on my dead end road, with one more starting soon. And all of them have more square footage, but they are worth 400K like 2 have sold for. So just east of dallas-people are buying property like it's going out of style. 

Probably they think uncle joe is going to get elected and that is all the property they will once the communist take over. LOL. 

Probably AmeriTex Homes. They've been doing similar things here in Longview...primarily on the South Side. 

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

we have a 42 acre plot about 5 miles past I-20 on 271 going towards Gladewater, we are in the stages of making it in to a subdivision and saling it in 1-2 acre plots if you know anyone interested lol... no modular homes

13 hours ago, JETT said:

we have a 42 acre plot about 5 miles past I-20 on 271 going towards Gladewater, we are in the stages of making it in to a subdivision and saling it in 1-2 acre plots if you know anyone interested lol... no modular homes

My brother in law is a contractor--I will contact him if you want me to. If you can't PM me, because it is full, let me know, I get you an email address.