Winnsboro @ Pottsboro 11/6

chevyman

Week 11  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Winnsboro Raiders
    • Pottsboro Cardinals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

21 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

So is commerce having people die? Are the undertakers going door to door to carry out the dead?
They have canceled more games then played this year, it seems. 
Mask Nazi's and the Quarantine KGB are ruining our lives. 

Pure speculation here...Commerce is a college town and the Tigers do share facilities with A&M. Possibly the ISD is having a hard time keeping their cases under control. 

26 minutes ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

What I think is interesting is they didn't play against Pottsboro, came back and played a week against Howe and then have now cancelled the last two weeks. So for one week they were good to go?

I thought i had heard recently that Hunt County officials shut them down but im not 100% on that.

5 hours ago, chevyman said:

Well the Red Raiders have had their game with Commerce cancelled this week so all the focus turns to the red birds. They have a very important big game with MV this week so we shall see what happens with that one. Looking forward to this game.

I honestly think Winnsboro matches up pretty well against Pottsboro. Execute a similar game plan as the MV game and grind out 4-5 yards a play and convert drives into TDs. Potts has showed us they struggle against the run. 

12 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

I honestly think Winnsboro matches up pretty well against Pottsboro. Execute a similar game plan as the MV game and grind out 4-5 yards a play and convert drives into TDs. Potts has showed us they struggle against the run. 

That would be ideal for sure. Im interested to see how the extra week benefits/hurts us in our preparation. I think it will be great to have that extra week to really generate a gameplan for the red birds that they wont be expecting. I also think it helps that they are playing MV this week so that will be another good scout for us to see what could help.

I really think Winny can pull off the win if they limit the mistakes. Their ball control offense is finally looking pretty good after some shaky games early in the season. I think Winny's defense is better than MV's and if they can make a stop or two and eat up the clock on offense they can definitely win but it will take an error free game. 

I also want to just say after watching MV twice and Potts once I am really impressed by the Pottsboro quarterback. I think he is better than the much hyped MV QB and will go on to be a successful college level QB. He is a very tough runner but he can also beat you with his arm. Very strong and accurate passer and will run through arm tackles with ease...which was very evident against MV. Winny will have to swarm to the ball to stop this kid and the running back isn't bad either. 

Winny by a TD.

I have seen all the top teams in the district except Winnsboro. Pottsboro's offense is very explosive and will score. Pottsboro defense is suspect against the run on the outside. I don't know if Winnsboro has the speed to get outside. Otherwise, Winnsboro will need to play keep-a-way and not get down by two TD’s.

18 minutes ago, VZCR said:

I have seen all the top teams in the district except Winnsboro. Pottsboro's offense is very explosive and will score. Pottsboro defense is suspect against the run on the outside. I don't know if Winnsboro has the speed to get outside. Otherwise, Winnsboro will need to play keep-a-way and not get down by two TD’s.

#1 got the edge vs MV.  I see no reason why he can’t do the same vs Potts.

13 hours ago, VZCR said:

Well in that case, go Winnsboro. 

Guest Tiger03lb
33 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Well in that case, go Winnsboro. 

Told you district 5 really doesn't have a run defense at all

4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Doesn’t appear to be much defense. 

Overall, no. I personally think we have one of the top 2 defenses for what its worth. Ultimately our best defense is going to be our offense as it was against MV. This will need to be another game of no big mistakes. Our biggest key in this game is going to be somewhat containing #4 to the pocket as best as possible. He is extremely good at extending plays with his legs and then using his arm to burn you over the top. I thought he looked as healthy as i had seen him in last years playoff run against MV. He was very effective running the ball and creating big plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Overall, no. I personally think we have one of the top 2 defenses for what its worth. Ultimately our best defense is going to be our offense as it was against MV. This will need to be another game of no big mistakes. Our biggest key in this game is going to be somewhat containing #4 to the pocket as best as possible. He is extremely good at extending plays with his legs and then using his arm to burn you over the top. I thought he looked as healthy as i had seen him in last years playoff run against MV. He was very effective running the ball and creating big plays.

Good assessment Chevyman...the Potts qb is one of the top qb's I've seen in a while...as good as he is at running the ball, his arm strength and accuracy passing on the run was very, very good for the high school level.

I wonder if D-5's defenses are as bad as we think they are or is it a case of the offenses being so good they are almost impossible to stop...guess we will find out when the playoffs start. 

On 10/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, TheShadowKnows said:

So is commerce having people die? Are the undertakers going door to door to carry out the dead?
They have canceled more games then played this year, it seems. 
Mask Nazi's and the Quarantine KGB are ruining our lives. 

College town. Too many liberals. 

• Like 2

Potts 7th 22-8

Winny 8th 35-14

Winny JV 36-0

Congrats to Winny 8th and Winny JV on back to back undefeated seasons. Also shoutout to Winny 9th that I believe have only lost a few games this year between their two teams. Lots of kids have gotten valuable playing experience this year. Future is bright in Raider Land

• Like 1