Early round playoff games on Thursday’s or Saturday’s?

Eagleborn

This season will be different. My guess is there will be a good amount of Thur/Sat games. Also maybe some flipping for home and home since the bigger stadiums will have a game already or just not want to deal with it..

Officiating may be less than stellar as well due to the “good” crews already having a game on Friday night. 

Gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

This season will be different. My guess is there will be a good amount of Thur/Sat games. Also maybe some flipping for home and home since the bigger stadiums will have a game already or just not want to deal with it..

Officiating may be less than stellar as well due to the “good” crews already having a game on Friday night. 

Gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out. 

It will definitely be interesting to see how it goes 

Guest Tiger03lb

Thursday to me would be fine. Hell, we been playing on different days already. We don't want to go there on the officiating.  Lol. 

12 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I like the home and home flip as long as that flip goes your way lol. Would love to see you Tatum folks come up to Winny for that first round game if that happens to be the scenario that plays out.

If you flip for home and home, the loser of the flip has the right to play at home the next time the 2 schools meet in the playoffs...…...So winning the flip is good, but not necessarily great.

Guest Tiger03lb
56 minutes ago, longhorncrazy said:

May not be any flipping for home. I heard the UIL is proposing that the #1 and #2 seeds host the first round and the higher seed of the two host the second round. Nothing official yet.

That would be nice

1 hour ago, longhorncrazy said:

May not be any flipping for home. I heard the UIL is proposing that the #1 and #2 seeds host the first round and the higher seed of the two host the second round. Nothing official yet.

Lot of states already use this model and it works even when not in a Covid year wouldn’t mind the first 2 rounds always be that way makes district seeding mean even more! 

5 hours ago, chevyman said:

I like the home and home flip as long as that flip goes your way lol. Would love to see you Tatum folks come up to Winny for that first round game if that happens to be the scenario that plays out.

I’m 100% sure that flip will not happen if we meet up.