Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court, cements 6-3 conservative majority

Wild74

The Senate voted 52-48 on Monday night to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court in a move that makes the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals judge and Notre Dame law professor the third appointment to the high court by President Trump, solidifying his administration's legacy even further just a week before Election Day as he seeks a second term. 

16 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

1603801314340.jpg

mental illness plays a role.  

How many of them do you think have jobs?

Seriously...how many of these people would you hire?

Don't get me wrong, mental illness is nothing to take lightly, and should be taken seriously. And we should work to help those with mental illness. So if mental illness is the problem, that's a different discussion.

4 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I wasn't aware that each Justice was supposed to be assigned a party loyalty. I always thought that they should rule based on law and jurisprudence. 

Remember that next time a Democratic President appoints a judge. You can't possibly tell me that Justice Sotomayor and Justice Kagen's political leanings weren't taken into account.

7 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I wasn't aware that each Justice was supposed to be assigned a party loyalty. I always thought that they should rule based on law and jurisprudence. 

You ever hear of Kagan, Ginsburg,  Sotomayor,  Breyer? ....

57 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

And, just to throw this in...this swearing in ceremony should be seen as the day that the GOP lost a permanent majority of the female vote forever. At least that is my feeling. 

Hopefully,  there will be a couple more days where you get your liberal feelings hurt in President Trump's second term as he replaces Breyer and possibly Sotomayor  .... maybe even Thomas ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

Hopefully,  there will be a couple more days where you get your liberal feelings hurt in President Trump's second term as he replaces Breyer and possibly Sotomayor  ....

Clarence Thomas will be the next to go, and Joe will even things out by choosing a Black woman with views that are polar opposite of his. 

On 11/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, LOL said:

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett

On 11/12/2018 at 9:10 AM, LOL said:

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett. 

On 1/29/2019 at 9:30 AM, LOL said:

Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett. 

ezgif-7-a6fe4d74e48f.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

You are kidding me with this :poop: right?  The entire argument from the left is that we can't lose a liberal judge to a conservative judge.  

I agree with your statement, but the stance of the Democratic party on this nomination has everything to do with Party Loyalty and nothing to do with Constitutional Law.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

The Supreme Court becomes not 'conservative' or 'liberal' in its leanings, but strictly partisan by party politics, then its power needs to be diminished, in my opinion. 

So taking in this method of thinking, we should dissolve the government as well?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1