Senate confirms Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court, cements 6-3 conservative majority

Wild74

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

I wasn't aware that each Justice was supposed to be assigned a party loyalty. I always thought that they should rule based on law and jurisprudence. 

In your opinion, who was the first SCOTUS justice that was appointed for partisan purposes? 

56 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

choosing a Black woman

If that's the case, hopefully that's not the only qualification he uses. Now, it's different if she's qualified for the job. But just choosing a black woman because he feels like he has to is a different story.

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

If that's the case, hopefully that's not the only qualification he uses. Now, it's different if she's qualified for the job. But just choosing a black woman because he feels like he has to is a different story.

The democrat party.....where they are all inclusive, except old white man Joe was REQUIRED...HAD TOO...MUST pick a VP that is a WOMEN of COLOR.......no one else apply.

13 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

The democrat party.....where they are all inclusive, except old white man Joe was REQUIRED...HAD TOO...MUST pick a VP that is a WOMEN of COLOR.......no one else apply.

Isn't that kind of funny? How the "woke" left, SJWs and some Liberals talk about "inclusion and diversity", but that doesn't really seem to include most straight white men or Conservatives? How inclusive and diverse!

30 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Why do you think Clarence Thomas was chosen? Be honest. 

21 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I meant to be nominated as a Justice, not what happened yesterday. 

Lateral move. He was nominated after the death of Thurgood Marshall, who was also a black man. And based on Thurgood Marshall's record, he seemed eminently qualified when he was nominated.

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Racist.......he was chosen because he was the best candidate for the position........

How so? He had barely a year as a judge at any level. He was chosen because he was Black, to replace Thurgood Marshall (!), and because he had 'conservative' views and was staunchly GOP. It was seen then as a deeply cynical and partisan move by Bush. 

18 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

How so? He had barely a year as a judge at any level. He was chosen because he was Black, to replace Thurgood Marshall (!), and because he had 'conservative' views and was staunchly GOP. It was seen then as a deeply cynical and partisan move by Bush. 

Exactly....because he was the best candidate for the position......like I said........

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

So a person with more experience automatically makes a better judge? 

Like a politician with 47 years in politics would make a better president than one with only 4? 

Or a teacher is better at teaching our youth because they teach at the government monopoly school? 

Hey! I see the pattern, my superior public education is paying off! 

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

So a person with more experience automatically makes a better judge? 

Like a politician with 47 years in politics would make a better president than one with only 4? 

Or a teacher is better at teaching our youth because they teach at the government monopoly school? 

Hey! I see the pattern, my superior public education is paying off! 

You got all those right. Good for you for a change. 

Hey, shouldn't a first year doctor also be better than a skilled, experienced one? 
Do you have any more of those comparisons that can fit in some more alt right jargon like 'government monopoly' school? Those are nifty. 

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

I see Barry & Jett.  Are all the others liberal posters also?

😂😂🤣😂😂

🤔 Bunny...top row, 2nd from right.

🤔 Joan Jett...bottom row, 2 from left. 

🤔 Peepee...bottom row, 2nd from right. 

🤔 Bloh Bloh...bottom left corner.

It's a tossup for the rest of the snowflakes on here. 😂🤣😂

1603801314340.jpg.5b5cebc9e9e52dbe09b4af760a1e7623.jpg

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

You got all those right. Good for you for a change. 

Hey, shouldn't a first year doctor also be better than a skilled, experienced one? 
Do you have any more of those comparisons that can fit in some more alt right jargon like 'government monopoly' school? Those are nifty. 

Lol, butt hurt again I see. Sorry to say you didn't get anything right. Again! 

No sir, I say it depends on the person. A new doc can be better than a doc in the business.  47 years of nothing is not better than 5 minutes and accomplishing something. Can a new teacher be better than an old one? I say yes, but according to you seniority is all that matters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

🤔 Bunny...top row, 2nd from right.

🤔 Joan Jett...bottom row, 2 from left. 

🤔 Peepee...bottom row, 2nd from right. 

🤔 Bloh Bloh...bottom left corner.

It's a tossup for the rest of the snowflakes on here. 😂🤣😂

1603801314340.jpg.5b5cebc9e9e52dbe09b4af760a1e7623.jpg

none of these ppl are dark skinned, so i pass the test... try again